Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 116

Thread: [IC2] The Fortress City

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,177
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Zeraq continues to dry himself off as he considers Tia's answer. So she was open to hearing about the demigodess (blessed be her name) but had never heard of her before. That was extremely unfortunate. The inquisitor promises to spread the word as best he can to resolve such an issue, or perhaps donate to the preachers of the faith. They seemed to have more success than he for some reason.

    "We have an inn with enough rooms. Such a place suffices for now. However, I need to visit the local temple of Feronia. Do you have any assistance you can give me in that direction?"
    Zeraq asks Amelia while looking ashamed he would have to ask another such a thing.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    485
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Zeraq continues to dry himself off as he considers Tia's answer. So she was open to hearing about the demigodess (blessed be her name) but had never heard of her before. That was extremely unfortunate. The inquisitor promises to spread the word as best he can to resolve such an issue, or perhaps donate to the preachers of the faith. They seemed to have more success than he for some reason.

    "We have an inn with enough rooms. Such a place suffices for now. However, I need to visit the local temple of Feronia. Do you have any assistance you can give me in that direction?"
    Zeraq asks Amelia while looking ashamed he would have to ask another such a thing.
    "I think I've seen a shrine to her somewhere when on patrol, but I don't remember. I think it's off on a side street though."





  3. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Any sort of subterfuge on Keedra's part goes entirely over Barrabus' head. He has no curiosity about the letter, remembering how apparently people just come up and hand her things sometimes. He accepts this as the way things are. Talk of hair care is also lost on him. He loses himself in the relaxing sensation of the hot water.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Finished with her soak, Keedra starts drying herself. She listens intently to the discussion about hair care as she polishes her hairless head.

    "Keedra, aren't you forgetting something?" Sir Didymus silently. "Your clothes, maybe?"

    "Oops!" Keedra quickly redresses, donning the outfit she wasn't wearing earlier, which looks almost exactly the same as the one she was wearing earlier. She looks thoughtful for a moment, then she pulls out the strange black wig and puts it on instead of her usual leather cap.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,929
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Angus smiles and nods. "Yes, that should work just fine." With another bow and flourish of his hat he adds. "Until then, Councilwoman." and he turns and leaves, heading back towards the Baths where he left the others.
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

    For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    As Angus leaves the office he nearly bumps into Alfred returning. The man simply nods respectfully to Angus then steps into the Councilwoman's office, shutting the door behind him. The way back to the baths is not difficult to navigate, and Angus finds himself arriving back there just ahead of several dirty looking guardsmen carrying bath supplies.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,929
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Seeing Alfred go in to have a meeting with the Councilwoman, Angus decides to take a bit of a detour getting back. From his look at the bookcase/Secret door he knew that it opened generally that direction...and so he turned and headed that direction, making sure to take careful, measured paces so he knew how long each wall was and extrapolating that into trying to figure out where the secret passages might be/lead. He already knew roughly how big the councilwoman's room was, so he could use that to his advantage. He wasn't sure if that bookcase led to a secret passage or to just a secret room, but it should be fairly easy to figure out where the empty spaces were, so long as it wasn't a passage that lead TOO far.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge Engineering - (1d20+9+1d6) (7) (2) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+14+1d6) (11) (5) [30]
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

    For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Angus wanders past the offices of several other members of the Council before almost stumbling into the group of guards heading for the bath. He's not able to properly conclude where the secret door might have lead without more information or access to the surrounding council offices.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    With her hair brushed, braided, and pinned up, Tia joined Amelia by the door and chatted casually about various alchemical goodies. Potions, lotions, salves, creams, oils, soaps, purfumes and what-have-you, from the ones used in her family's bathhouse to personal preferences, it's all fair game.
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    With (almost) everyone out of the baths and freshly cleaned, you have no set plans for now. Angus has already met with the Councilwoman, and plans have been made for meetings tomorrow. Amelia is aware that many of the Council members may not be in their offices by now. You can remain around the castle in the slight hopes of finding someone worth meeting with, or go back to the hotel until one of the planned meetings. There are also other options such as seeing the town.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  11. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    With practically no wealth to his name, Barrabus is not really prepared for a day on the town. He's happy to accompany anyone who wants some company.

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    485
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "well, Who wants to see all of Tintagel?" Amelia offers to play tour guide. "Just let me change out of my guard gear, into my stuff. I'll meet you out front once I've changed." You don't have to wait extremely long, as she reemerges wearing a sleeveless tunic and long trousers. She's still wearing her weapons and tome. Her hair has been released from its bindings, and is simply tied back with a ribbon, even if a lot of it has decided NOT to be in the ribbon. "Well, shall we go, lads and lassies." Her arms show scars of old battles that were hidden under her armor.





  13. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,177
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Zeraq straightens up from putting on his gear once again and holds his helmet under one arm as he gestures towards the door.
    "It is always a good idea to explore your surroundings when in unfamiliar territory. Particularly I would like to see all the religious buildings."


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  14. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,192
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Keedra cheerfully joins the tour, Sir Didymus sitting quietly on her shoulder.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "A tour sounds nice, are you sure though?"Tia says, "You've been with us all day already, I'd hate to take your free time in the evening up too."
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    485
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsatsayka View Post
    "A tour sounds nice, are you sure though?"Tia says, "You've been with us all day already, I'd hate to take your free time in the evening up too."
    "I didn't have any evening plans. I was just going to eat out and go home and rest, maybe work out a new spell or two. I live alone and work a lot, so some company is fine with me."





  17. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    The tour starts by leaving the castle for the cathedral practically next door. It's nice but not overly ornate, more of a soldiers' church than the one in Vanarch. Also unlike Vanarch there are shrines to all 12 of the major deities, but nothing for Feronia unfortunately. From there it goes to the top of the stairs down to the dock. Amelia merely points down the long winding set of stairs with no guardrail, says, "Docks are down there, on to the next place!" and continues with the tour. For the next 3 hours you travel down what seems like every street and back alley in Tintagel, visiting many of her favorite places. She takes you to her favorite place atop the walls, to the commoner church in the downtown district (which also doesn't have a shrine to Feronia), to 11 different places to eat, the place she saved the noble's daughter from the 'tamed' juvenile owlbear, and 3 back alley shrines to minor deities none of which are Feronia. She finally finds the large burn pit that someone has decorated as a shrine to Feronia four blocks from the inn, before finally leading you all back to the inn safe and sound if rather tired and sweaty again.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,177
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The farther they travel, the more concerned Zeraq becomes. He knew his demigodess was not the most famous, but no shrines at all? Impossible!

    He finally sees a symbol and perks up before realizing his Lady's shrine was a burn pit. The ifrit's posture goes rigid as he has to physically restrain himself from stopping a nearby civilian from using the pit. He stares wordlessly as his hands tighten into fists, his eyes slowly going over every detail of the decorations of the place. He marches back to the inn dead silent as he struggles to reconcile his belief in fires usefulness and the disrespect at the lack of a proper shrine.
    "Peackeeper Amelia.Can you please explain the history behind that burn pit?"
    He grinds out from between clenched teeth.

    Know Religion-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 1d20+9 ) [11]
    Perception-[roll] 1d20+10 [/roll


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,586
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Feronia′s Shrine
    There's a large metal emblem of Feronia's holy symbol hammered into the stone of the wall over the burn pit. It's obviously well made and probably somewhat expensive. Two slightly smaller and cheaper ones are mounted with large bolts to the walls on either side of the fire pit. Hanging from these two are red silk pendants with images of flames hand-embroidered into them. Littered around the area are several used candles surrounded by melted wax, suggesting both use and that they are replacements for candles that were used up.

    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    485
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    The farther they travel, the more concerned Zeraq becomes. He knew his demigodess was not the most famous, but no shrines at all? Impossible!

    He finally sees a symbol and perks up before realizing his Lady's shrine was a burn pit. The ifrit's posture goes rigid as he has to physically restrain himself from stopping a nearby civilian from using the pit. He stares wordlessly as his hands tighten into fists, his eyes slowly going over every detail of the decorations of the place. He marches back to the inn dead silent as he struggles to reconcile his belief in fires usefulness and the disrespect at the lack of a proper shrine.
    "Peackeeper Amelia.Can you please explain the history behind that burn pit?"
    He grinds out from between clenched teeth.

    Know Religion-[roll0]
    Perception-[roll] 1d20+10 [/roll
    "It's a burn pit. A place where we can burn trash. Apparently some of Feronia's faithful have turned it into a small shrine."





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •