Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 116

Thread: [IC2] The Fortress City

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Thank you." Tia says with a smile, accepting the food. After hearing Zeraq repeat himself a few times and no response, however, she sighs, abandons her food and stands, saying, "I'm going to go rescue whoever Zeraq found."

    Following the direction she heard his voice, Tia finds Zeraq, takes his elbow and gives it a slight tug, "We have something to eat, come back. Try again after, if you want."
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    A short while after you finish eating a greasy, sharp-nosed man appears before you. He looks around the room and frowns. "Greetings. Councilwoman Taylor might have a few moments to spare for you to state your case." He then looks away while subtly extending a hand like he's expecting a bride or payment of some sort for getting you in to meet the councilwoman.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoberIrishman View Post
    A short while after you finish eating a greasy, sharp-nosed man appears before you. He looks around the room and frowns."Greetings. Councilwoman Taylor might have a few moments to spare for you to state your case." He then looks away while subtly extending a hand like he's expecting a bride or payment of some sort for getting you in to meet the councilwoman.
    A soft voice bounces into your ears as the corporal says. "Beware of Taylor. She's possibly more of a crook than most politicians." (using the Message cantrip)





  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Well, Alferd Vonn Batt, hadn't you better take us to her Ladyship without delay. After all, you were sent here to bring these fine battle hardened adventurers to her, Weren't you?" Amelia looks the greasy man square in the face.





  5. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    The man Alfred smiles but there is no warmth in his eyes. "I was sent to determine if these.... outsiders were worthy of her time. So far I am unimpressed. If you have nothing else to change my opinion then...." He turns as if to leave the room.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Barrabus stands up to his full height, blocking the door completely as Alfred tries to leave. His exposed skin begins to glow a dull red and heat starts rolling off him so that standing near him must be quite uncomfortable. His normally amiable demeanor has totally disappeared and he says in an even tone, “How do you measure worth?” A seemingly innocent comment from the 6’4, 270 pound, glowing, half-orc.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollintimidate - (1d20+9) [22]

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    The man grows clearly more nervous and begins to sweat. He swallows once before stuttering out a response. "Please I only meant it in terms of being beneficial to the councilwoman. I meant no judgement regarding your character or abilities." He glances around at the rest of you as if looking for a way out. "If you harm me, it will only making things harder for you."

    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,176
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Zeraq frowns at Tia but accepts the offer of food. It was entirely possible the group had discovered something else. He gives the seamstress a short wave of goodbye and follows back to the others.

    The inquisitor stares dumbfounded at the blatant display of greed before him, and worse yet, that greed hindered them.
    "Beneficial to the councilwoman? What about the mansion? The city beyond? We are on a mission from the Oracle to stop a coming tide of blood and oak and you stand there asking for your palm to be greased?
    Have you no sense of the scope of the horde baying outside your walls? You stand in the way of your own salvation. If you wish to survive, step aside."
    Zeraq's eyes glare as brightly as Barabus as he gets closer to Alfred with every word until his burning eyes reflect in the mans own.

    Intimidate-Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 1d20+9 ) [19]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "BBBBBut I'm not blocking the way!?!" He looks around as if confused how this ever happened and just wanting a way out. "Gu....gua....Guards! Help!"
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,925
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Angus sighs and raps his cane against the floor with a sharp sound. "That is quite enough you two." He gives Zeraq and Barrabus a glare.

    He then steps forward, walking up to Alferd. "Pardon my...associates. They are overzealous and not accustomed to the ways of the court." He puts a gentle hand on the mans shoulder, clasping his hand in a firm handshake with his other. "I am sure that your mistress would not appreciate us having to take our business to Lord Walsh or Lord Vesage, despite our road weary decorum, though I am sure they would be more than happy to go over some of the Feldspar Accounts while I am in town...."
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

    For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors


  11. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The glow disappears from Barrabus' skin immediately and the heat begins to dissipate. His face breaks into a broad smile. "Come now, friend!" He booms. "Friend Angus is right. Of course there can be no thought of harming our generous hosts. Worry not, friend Alfred, for no harm will come to you while I am here to protect you. You wil bring us to your councilwoman now as proof of our friendship. This is an agreement between us, yes?" The barbarian's face is all innocence. He is notably still standing in the doorway.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Alfred still seems nervous at first, but seems to regain his composure upon shaking hands with Angus. "Hmm... it would certainly be improper to appear before one of the nobles in such a state. Though I am certain that those two gentlemen would likely receive you, given that they almost always see to the Feldspar family's affairs. Very well. If you would follow me..... Please excuse me SIR." This last is clearly aimed at Barrabus for still being in the way. If allowed out of the room he leads you to a new part of the castle. This room has various small cubbies for placing clothing and various items, as well as a larger rack for hanging weapons that won't fit inside the cubbies. "Please feel free to make yourselves presentable. The guards will not likely need this area for bathing for several more hours. I will go make arrangements for the meeting with the Councilwoman, then return to lead you there." He motions towards the doors opposite the one you entered through. He then bows and tries to scurry away to prevent anyone from trapping him once more. Opening the other door reveals a large pool of warm water, large enough for the entire party to soak at the same time with room to spare.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,196
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Barrabus immediately starts to strip down and gets into the water.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Amelia looks around. "Hah. The Baths. Well, it is a good opportunity for you to wash off the travel dust. I'll stand guard and give you some measure of privacy. I haven't known you long enough to strip down to my bare skin and join you in a public bath yet. I'd need to at least know you for a week." The Halfling woman stands guard in the doorway to give you a measure of privacy from passersby.





  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "A week would be nice, it's only been four days. Oh well." As each of the other party members strips and gets in, Tia casts Prestidigitation on their attire to clean them, and/or mending when needed. She also aids in removal of armor if needed. Then she does so on her own things and gets in as well, immediately starting to clean herself.
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "You all have only been together for 4 days? Those must have been pretty eventful days." Remarks Amelia dryly. "Mind sharing what brought you here?"





  17. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    While the others are bathing, Amelia carefully extracts a blank page from her spellbook and writes the following missive.



    She whistles and Daria appears. "Lord Walsh's office."





  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,176
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Zeraq stares at the tub before turning to remove his armor and setting in in a neat pile alongside an easily accessible weapon. Continuous muttering about forgiveness and the weakness of mortal bodies can be heard as he almost frantically plunges into the bath, uses just enough water to get rid of the filth of the road before leaping out and grabbing his knife. Sitting crosslegged in an open spot near his gear he procedes to heat up his knife to red hot temperatures before applying it to his body, causing the water to evaporate. As he dries he noticeably relaxes fraction by fraction.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,925
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Angus looks at the door to the baths and frowns. This was a waste of time. He had never liked politics. As the others head into the bathing room, he taps his cane against the floor once, sharply. This time, his clothes change into something more suitable for a court appearance, in midnight blue and black. Additionally, any remaining grime disappears as if by magic. He follows directly behind Alfred, snapping his cane smartly up under one arm. "I shall accompany you while the others ready themselves for our meeting with the King. I am sure I am more than capable of answering the Councilwoman's questions while she prepares the arrangements for our meeting with his Majesty."

    ((Prestidigitation and my Sleeve of Many Garments takes care of the changes in just a flash)).
    "Ho there wanderer... Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man." ~Elminster, BG1, just outside Candlekeep

    For Evil to triumph, all good men must do is nothing. The corollary to that proverb is that sometimes evil must be done by honorable men for the greater good to triumph. ~Twilight Warriors


  20. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    The water is quite warm and feels great to soak away the bumps and trials of the road. The heat soaks in and really loosens up the tightness of the muscles.

    Daria the fox runs off with the missive in her mouth.

    Angus
    Alfred still seems nervous at first, but the farther he gets from the baths, the more he seems to relax. After a couple turns you arrive at a door with a sign stating "Councilwoman Taylor" on it. Alfred knocks VERY LOUDLY. This is followed by a bit of noise from within the office followed by several seconds of silence and then a voice calling out "Come in." Alfred opens the door and enters saying, "One of the more reasonable adventurers has come to speak with you Councilwoman."

    Perception check please Fox.

    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •