Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 70 OOC

Tru currently has 479gp to his name at the moment and that's his life savings.

Some things he'd like to do once he has access to a larger town where he can actually buy and sell stuff:

Sell his warhammer
    Get some better armor (either from the unsold loot currently being toted around by other party members or by buying it from a shop) and sell his chain mail
    Try to obtain a better shield (lighter/better AC/higher quality material/etc, better could mean a lot of things)
    See if his handmade argyle yellow & green travel sweater is worth anything and, if so, sell it
    Try to find a backpack that, when empty, weighs less than 5 lbs, and sell his current backpack if he does find one
    Try to find common clothes that are lighter than 3 lbs
    Obtain a mount
    Open a bank account
    Stock up on travel rations
    Buy a canteen or waterskin
    Obtain a small bucket (1 gal capacity or less)
    Obtain an aspergillum (either through purchase or by visiting the church and requesting to borrow one of their extras to use in service of the gods while adventuring)
    Amass diamonds (explain to fellow party members at some point that revival magic requires diamonds, 300gp worth of diamonds per casting, so encourage them to all pitch in)

You can copy this into the Turn thread since it seems a week in Jasrel is what is wanted. Also, someone here might chime in and give you the armor and shield--there are plenty left, but thats up to them.

I'll post a Turn thread after this.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Tru currently has 479gp to his name at the moment and that's his life savings.

Some things he'd like to do once he has access to a larger town where he can actually buy and sell stuff:

Sell his warhammer
    Get some better armor (either from the unsold loot currently being toted around by other party members or by buying it from a shop) and sell his chain mail
    Try to obtain a better shield (lighter/better AC/higher quality material/etc, better could mean a lot of things)
    See if his handmade argyle yellow & green travel sweater is worth anything and, if so, sell it
    Try to find a backpack that, when empty, weighs less than 5 lbs, and sell his current backpack if he does find one
    Try to find common clothes that are lighter than 3 lbs
    Obtain a mount
    Open a bank account
    Stock up on travel rations
    Buy a canteen or waterskin
    Obtain a small bucket (1 gal capacity or less)
    Obtain an aspergillum (either through purchase or by visiting the church and requesting to borrow one of their extras to use in service of the gods while adventuring)
    Amass diamonds (explain to fellow party members at some point that revival magic requires diamonds, 300gp worth of diamonds per casting, so encourage them to all pitch in)

Before I post my turns, any suggestions on where to carry out the charm of making?

I would invest in a cottage and then take the precautions outlined in one of the earlier posts about wards and the like. I'll see if I can find that post.

from the 69 ooc
    Just an FYI, since there are several in the group that would have an inkling of how to deal with spirits, but in order for Cormack to not be disturbed by spirits, you need to develop an area that will exclude said spirits. Consecrated temples are a natural exclusion zone to spirits not aligned with the god/power in question. Salt works, too. Some prayers work too. Think about it, because if I roll an encounter and you can only see invisible for an hour or two, it's probably not going to be enough and Cormack will fail his attempt to construct the Conduit.

The various unclaimed magic items... where are they being stored? Or are they being carried. Please let me know.

Ivar left Moloch's whip at Althirs Tower previously.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    from the 69 ooc
    Just an FYI, since there are several in the group that would have an inkling of how to deal with spirits, but in order for Cormack to not be disturbed by spirits, you need to develop an area that will exclude said spirits. Consecrated temples are a natural exclusion zone to spirits not aligned with the god/power in question. Salt works, too. Some prayers work too. Think about it, because if I roll an encounter and you can only see invisible for an hour or two, it's probably not going to be enough and Cormack will fail his attempt to construct the Conduit.
    Cormack could try in the hallowed ground of a temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    Cormack could try in the hallowed ground of a temple.
    Except he's pissed off the high priestess and been banded from the temple.

Doubt I'd get much cooperation from lesser clergy.

I think he may need to buy a house.

Hilde, how did you sacrifice a adamantine shield? I know you sacrificed a superior healing potion, but a shield? How?

At a family thing for today - probably wont be home until late. I will do a turn post probably tomorrow after work.

I apologise for the delay.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

no problem, no one else has posted any turns. Not even sure if you guys want a weeklong thing or just a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    At a family thing for today - probably wont be home until late. I will do a turn post probably tomorrow after work.

I apologise for the delay.

How about just getting us past the equipment sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo;[URL="tel:1313969"
    1313969[/URL]]no problem, no one else has posted any turns. Not even sure if you guys want a weeklong thing or just a few days.

I'm working on a turn.
    Althir will still offer to help purchase a guild hall. He won't stay there, but does feel it is necessary to for a place to meet.

Can Althir do a limited scroll at a lower level?
    I don't need Fly at 5th level spell slot? Can I scribe the scroll at 3rd level?
    Same holds true for Flock of Familiars. Instead of at 5th level instead at 2nd level.

Not for a Warlock, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by xcylla View Post
    Can Althir do a limited scroll at a lower level?
    I don't need Fly at 5th level spell slot? Can I scribe the scroll at 3rd level?
    Same holds true for Flock of Familiars. Instead of at 5th level instead at 2nd level.

that'll only take a few hours and not everyone has to be there, so they may want to do something else.

As I understand it, you're selling 9 suits of half-plate duergar armor and 6 adamantine shields--since there is no way Hildegard could have sacrificed a shield for a prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    How about just getting us past the equipment sale.

Considering this shield thing and sacrifice... from now on, and I don't care if you have other things to sacrifice, you must specifically purchase a "bundle" to sacrifice. So for the case of a Divination prayer, I want it listed on a character sheet as: (X) Divination Bundles, where X is the number you have purchased for this specific purpose, each bundle costing 25gp. So when you state you are buying them, state how many bundles you are buying.

No other items, or substitutions can be used for this purpose even if they are in your inventory.

For the Commune prayer, I will allow the use of a Holy Symbol in place of the incense and holy water. If you don't have your holy symbol, then the holy water and incense are consumed when the prayer is cast, regardless if its from the cleric's temple or another god's temple. Incense if 1 cp. Holy water 25gp.

For Tru, no other temple to a different god is going to allow you to pray or perform anything to your god on their premises. Also, if it hasn't been explicitly stated, and it probably hasn't been, casting/praying for magic/miracles in the major cities are against the law. In Jasrel you can get a permit at 100gp, in Stormgate there are no permits and spellcasting/prayer invocations are punishable by death.

How much can you get out of liquidating gems? I cannot remember what that takes.

90% of full value.

Quote Originally Posted by LordFluffy View Post
    How much can you get out of liquidating gems? I cannot remember what that takes.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast