Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 70 OOC

At the time I cast it... you were 60ft from the enemy... which meant yes you could of...

But now they have moved further away.... so you will need to dash to catch them (120ft)

I don't know why you missed a turn.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Sorry, you didn't post an action by turn deadline. If you had made the turn deadline, then sure, i don't see why not. I am not retconning the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellblade View Post
    Can I please get an answer on this? I lost a round.

if you fail to post a turn--questions don't count, then I move on, otherwise we will be here for weeks and weeks and there will always be the "but you let me do it back then" argument. If a significant amount of people don't post, then yeah, I'll delay the turn deadline just like I have in the past, but otherwise if you miss the deadline, you miss your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    At the time I cast it... you were 60ft from the enemy... which meant yes you could of...

But now they have moved further away.... so you will need to dash to catch them (120ft)

I don't know why you missed a turn.

only three people have posted. Deadline is tonight.

Assuming that Hilde is still away - lets have her pick up her improvised torch (ie burning log) and just head in the direction everyone else is going....

(I did not post this in character in case the player is back and wanted to do something different - its merely a fall back should the deadline be reached without an official post)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    Assuming that Hilde is still away - lets have her pick up her improvised torch (ie burning log) and just head in the direction everyone else is going....

(I did not post this in character in case the player is back and wanted to do something different - its merely a fall back should the deadline be reached without an official post)
    Back from vacation. Thank you for the suggestion. We did about a third of the Killarney La Cloche silhouette trail. Killarney is a provincial park north of Georgian Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo
    Sorry, you didn't post an action by turn deadline. If you had made the turn deadline, then sure, i don't see why not. I am not retconning the turn. if you fail to post a turn--questions don't count, then I move on, otherwise we will be here for weeks and weeks and there will always be the "but you let me do it back then" argument. If a significant amount of people don't post, then yeah, I'll delay the turn deadline just like I have in the past, but otherwise if you miss the deadline, you miss your turn.
    Except your player needed a question answered by the GM in order to take the best possible actions and make the best possible choices on their turn, which all tabletop players always want to do without fail during battles in high-lethality games. Instead of panicking and just doing something less than optimal to at least make the post deadline, your player instead gave you the benefit of the doubt and continued to wait, trusting that you'd answer in time. And after you did not answer them in time, they are the one who is punished?

if you have a question and I don't answer, you need to post a turn with contingencies. I have always run it this way and the other players know this. Also, this is not a critical encounter, but a random one, so I'm definitely not going to delay it. No one is being punished, stop thinking that way. It is not me against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Except your player needed a question answered by the GM in order to take the best possible actions and make the best possible choices on their turn, which all tabletop players always want to do without fail during battles in high-lethality games. Instead of panicking and just doing something less than optimal to at least make the post deadline, your player instead gave you the benefit of the doubt and continued to wait, trusting that you'd answer in time. And after you did not answer them in time, they are the one who is punished?

If you want to pursue, post actions, due by Tuesday Night in the IC thread.

If not, then tell me what precautions you're taking the rest of the night and if you're sleeping with armor on, or sleeping at all--both will result in a level of exhaustion.

Just a note for the new player: the group is on the temple trail, which offshoots the High Road. The High road (Jasrel to Fortress Guennerva), Low road (Jasrel to Stormgate) and Fortress road (Fortress Guennerva to Fennon Goroth) all have Waystations (safe rest stops) and the roads are patrolled so there are no random encounters on these roads.

In the IC thread, post #42, where you say -21 HP Axar, are you doing like a running total of hp that he's lost over the course of the encounter or is that actually his current hp and he is at negative 21 but just still going because he's raging or something? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just trying to figure out how much Tru should be prioritizing healing Axar right now.

Not a dumb question at all. When I post a negative number, like -21hp, it is the running amount of damage he has taken. When someone drops to negative numbers, I post Dying or Stabilized if they're at 0hp. If they get healed and are positive again, I post the positive number they are at. So for example, Axar is -21hp to his max hp. If he goes down and then he is healed for 7hp, then I would post +7hp next to his name.

Also, my House Rules for Long and Short rest are different. During a Short Rest, you can only use 1/2 your HD to heal, rounded up--so a 10th level character can only use 5HD, a 9th level, also 5HD. During a Long Rest, you only get back 1/2 your spent HD, rounded up--you do not automatically heal. You only get the benefits of 1 long rest in a 24 hr period, and you can only take 2 short rests in a 24 hr period.

So it can take days if you roll bad without divine healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    In the IC thread, post #42, where you say -21 HP Axar, are you doing like a running total of hp that he's lost over the course of the encounter or is that actually his current hp and he is at negative 21 but just still going because he's raging or something? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just trying to figure out how much Tru should be prioritizing healing Axar right now.

Tru, just a way of doing things in Chaldera and nothing against you; clerics pray for miracles or blessings, they do not cast spells like the others. Also, instead of "level" which is a game term, I prefer "order". I have edited your post to reflect that.

And I will do my best to remember that from here on.

Whats the plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Whats the plan?
    Rest up and track them in the morning, I assume. Probably up the watches the remainder of the night.

okay... so since you don't have a ranger, the survival checks to track will be at disadvantage. If two of you have survival as a class skill, you can Help and do it at normal chances-- remember, you have to assign who is helping before the roll, not after.

Everyone can try to track.

So I need rolls for the initial trail of DC10.

If anyone succeeds, then there will be three more at DC15.

These checks will be about 6 hours after they attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Rest up and track them in the morning, I assume. Probably up the watches the remainder of the night.
    Last edited by Luopo; 09-10-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    Unfortunately for Hildegard, since she doesn't have darkvision and only she can see what is scried, her mirror is pitch black as the night.
    Hi Jim. I was expecting darkness. But if the spell worked, even if it is dark, it lasts ten minutes and has sound.

Does blood work?

Yes.

You see darkness.

You hear someone walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkady View Post
    Hi Jim. I was expecting darkness. But if the spell worked, even if it is dark, it lasts ten minutes and has sound.

Does blood work?

Ivar has survival expertised (+9) on dice roll... so if someone can "Help" me then ill do the rolls... unless someone else has a better modifier?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast