Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 242

Thread: IC Thread 1: Stone to Flesh, or Waking Up in the Future

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,581
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Nah, no need for all that. I can get by with a 2 hour nap. You folks can sleep safe. That should limit the time we need to stop for sleep as well. Soon as they get the supplies together we should hit the road." Roun seems ready to start walking this minute.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    483
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Are you travelling by night, or getting rooms and waitign till morning?

    Your stomachs remind you that other than the soup provided by the Clerics of Sheara, you have not eaten today.





  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,581
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Roun notices that Iayabrin is looking a little woozy. He reaches over and pokes her to provoke a reaction, then asks, "Hey Magic Girl, have you eaten enough? You're looking a little pale.....er than before."
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Empty stomachs have been the downfall of many a good plan," Beren declares. "Iayabrin, if you are hungry you must let us know. We must keep your strength up."

    The half-elf's stomach rumbles, and she adds, "I suppose I could do with a meal as well."

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,581
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Would ya like me ta make my infamous two berry stew? I don't have any of the ingredients, but I'm sure we can figure something out. I've been told it's... unforgettable." Roun smiles broadly with a twinkle of mischief in his eyes.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  6. #126

    Default

    Iayabrin blinks at Roun and Beren. "Eat? Oh yeah, I was going to do that. Then I noticed the stars," She points up, "And that I'm much farther north than I've ever been before. But yeah, eating is important. I'm not so sure about, ah, 'two berry stew', though."
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,639
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Grinner can find berries. If strange place has normal berries..." he says suddenly looking suspiciously at a nearby bush... But apparently satisfied that it looks nearly identical to species he was familiar with (not by name of course, but rather by its appearance) he gives a little cough, "But, yes, can go find berries if tall folk are wanting? What kind you want?"
    Last edited by Zeros; 09-17-2020 at 06:47 PM.


  8. #128
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    674
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Onik experienced a brief moment of crisis with the sudden dawning realization he had teamed up with bunch of adventurers. Not in the modern sense but the ones in the tales of old, that roughed it braving harsh wilderness. "I should pick up more rations...." he stays staring hapless into the ether lamenting what is sure to be a taxing experience for the wandering artist. "Let's go to the tavern, I'll buy you all a good meal... Strong drink."
    Last edited by No Body; 09-18-2020 at 02:27 AM.

  9. #129

    Default

    "Yes!" Iayabrin agrees quickly, a little afraid of finding out what 'two berry stew' would involve. Especially if it involved exactly what it sounded like, two berries and some water. Less a stew, more an herbal tea. "I'm not sure my stomach can handle strong drink right now, but yes to the good meal!"
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    483
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    You make your way through the streets to where the tavern is marked on the map.
    The sound of drinking and song spill out into the street, as well as a few hammered patrons.
    No one really pays you much attention, They're used to oddly matched bands of adventurers here.
    A sign out front proclaims this to be "The Bard's Respite Inn" With a sleeping figure holding a lute painted onto the signboard. swinging below is a smaller sign that proclaims "Rooms Available".
    You open the door, and a sight that has changed little over thousands of years meets you. People sitting around, eating, drinking and talking. A small stage dominates one side of the room, and it appears to be occupied by a small group of musicians attempting to make some folk songs heard over the cacophany in here.
    A motley young group of young men and women of all races rush between the kitchens and bar, carrying plates and mugs. and overseeing it all is Half-Elf man of middle age with a short grey streaked beard and one arm.

    What do you wish to do?





  11. #131
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    674
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Onik made his way over to the proprietor and waited until he had been acknowledged before tipping his hat, "Salutations," he greeted in elven hoping to skate the translator role for the night. "Fine night for an even finer establishment. I'm looking for a good meal and a good drink for my companions and myself. I'll take whatever's on the menu tonight and two fingers of whiskey neat. And whatever they're having."

  12. #132

    Default

    Rose merely walked to one of the darker corners of the tavern and took a seat. Requiring no sleep allowed her to keep an eye out for danger while she relaxed and listened to the atmosphere of people talking amongst themselves. If allowed she would stay out front, at her table all night if anyone needed her assistance.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    483
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No Body View Post
    Onik made his way over to the proprietor and waited until he had been acknowledged before tipping his hat, "Salutations," he greeted in elven hoping to skate the translator role for the night. "Fine night for an even finer establishment. I'm looking for a good meal and a good drink for my companions and myself. I'll take whatever's on the menu tonight and two fingers of whiskey neat. And whatever they're having."
    He nods. "Will you be needing rooms for the night as well?" He guestured. "Take a table and our waitstaff will be right over with your drinks and menu."





  14. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,581
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Roun practically bounces across the room, dropping into a seat at Rose's table.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Beren rests her hand on her coin pouch and discreetly feels its weight. It isn't too light, so she decides to splurge. After all, a well-rested party will be more fit for adventure. And though she refuses to show it outwardly, the toll of being stone for thousands of years is starting to make itself felt in her bones and muscles. A good soft bed and a nice soak will get her back into fighting shape.

    "Thank you, kind inkeeper. We will take two rooms. I'd like a hot bath prepared in the women's room, and I shall have a cup of mead with my supper."

    She makes her way over to the table where the others are gathering and sits primly across from both Rose and Roun.
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-20-2020 at 08:21 PM.

  16. #136
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    483
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    You place your reservations for rooms and drinks. Soon after you take your table, a young Half-elf girl comes over to the table, bearing a platter with drinks and several leather folders. A nametag identifies her as "Ilyana." "Good Evening!" She greets you. "My name is Ilyana, and I'll be your server tonight." She hands each of you a menu. "Here are your dinner menus. If you want any additional alchohol or non-alcholic beverage, go ahead and let me know now so I can get you your booze."





  17. #137
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    674
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "A pleasure Ilyana, I'll just have some bread and whatever soup you've got tonight. But if you can keep these coming... " Onik lifted the whiskey in toast before putting it to his lips and sipping. Ah, that hit the spot. Strong, warm - if he could of he would have skipped the meal and just sat at the bar all night. But he had determined that if he were going to travel with these people he should get to know them first, more importantly let them know him.

    With that in mind, he took out a journal and short stick he rolled in the flame of the candle on the table. Allowing it to burn and blacken before blowing out the tip and using the resulting charcoal to start a sketch.

  18. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,581
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Hi Ilyana! Can I get some stew or soup with bread and cheese? Also I'll have a mug of beer. Thanks so much!" Roun gives the girl a big friendly smile.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

  19. #139

    Default

    Iayabrin sits with the others at the table Rose picked out. With her somewhat archaic elven, Iayabrin orders, "Whatever you think is good and filling." After all, she wasn't sure how much food would have changed like everything else. Would her favorites even exist anymore? Or would they simply not be in the right region for food she would be familiar with? So far north. Iayabrin hadn't even found mention of her home city in the histories she had read. "And water would probably be best to drink tonight. Unless there is some variety of sweet juice available, then that." After ordering, Iayabrin fidgeted with her new Scholar's Pendant and muttered to herself in her native tongue, "This is going to be such a pain."
    Last edited by Tsatsayka; 09-22-2020 at 06:45 AM.
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  20. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,639
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Coul had entered with the group, but seemed to skirt the edges of the group watching the other people in the inn... a mixture of a thief's eye for purses and a performer's eye for a crowd. He seems somewhat surprised when he's offered a seat with the rest of the party, unused to being included by the tall-folk. He ends up having to stand on his chair to be able to see over the table, and grins excitedly at the sound of some of the orders, "Yes, Grinner will have cheese and bread too!" he pauses, "And maybe meaty stew?" he leans back, gauging the waitress's reaction in case he may have overstepped... He doesn't even think to be arrogant enough to ask for a drink.

    After the orders are taken Coul looks around to see if there are any other performers here; bards, jesters, other comedians like himself... He had to decide whether to perform or lighten purses, one way or another he needed to earn his keep.


Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •