Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 247

Thread: IC Thread 1: Stone to Flesh, or Waking Up in the Future

  1. #41
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    675
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Onik took just his belongings and graciously a pouch to hold his gold without even an attempt to find something in the donations for a few reasons. Some altruistic even, although the most obvious was his size. Shopping was hard enough with a tailor, he couldn't bear the dread of trying to find something that'd fit in there.

    No, he'd keep the escaped patient look for a little while and make his first stop a shopping trip to grab clothes and supplies for the journey ahead... Maybe lodging as well for the night just to rest up, prepare. Ooh and he could probably catch a quick play or two while here afterall. You know now that he thought of it, going all the way back home would take a while. Perhaps he could try sending a message back first? That was probably just as good... Right?

    Onik's worse tendencies were beginning to surface. Here he stood in the midst of people without a home to go back to even if they wanted, while there was surely people waiting for him to return and yet.

    "Are you sure just a donation?" he ask in elven as that was the language being spoken at the time. "I'm no archwizard but it doesn't take one to know just how expensive it is to return flesh from stone... Far more than what I could donate at the moment. I know I may not seem much the adventurer seeing how you found me, but I merely ran afowl of some luck. In all modesty I'm fairly competent, perhaps I can fulfill a request for the church. Pro bono of course."
    Last edited by No Body; 08-31-2020 at 12:49 PM.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsatsayka View Post

    Iayabrin looks over Beren critically. She tugs on a bit of fabric, adjusting how it lays, and then nods, "It does not look bad. The colors suit you."
    "I thank you," Beren says. "Your garb also has fine colors. It puts one in mind of sunsets, or a holiday bonfire."

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Iayabrin hesitates a split second as she works through the meaning of the words in her head, then grins, "Thank you!" She liked those comparisons.

    When she hears more words in Elven she wonders over and listens in, curious. Hmm, Stone to Flesh, Iayabrin was pretty sure that she had heard of the spell before, among her father's spellbooks. She considered it, trying to remember what it had involved.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpellcraft - (1d20+11) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge (Arcana) - (1d20+11) [22]
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tsatsayka View Post
    Iayabrin hesitates a split second as she works through the meaning of the words in her head, then grins, "Thank you!" She liked those comparisons.

    When she hears more words in Elven she wonders over and listens in, curious. Hmm, Stone to Flesh, Iayabrin was pretty sure that she had heard of the spell before, among her father's spellbooks. She considered it, trying to remember what it had involved.

    [roll0]
    [roll1]
    Stone to Flesh is a 6th tier magic spell in the Transmutation school. There are no special components.\

    BUT

    You're not surrounded by wizards

    Paladins of at least 12th level also can use their ability to touch people to restore petrified people

    Most likely Shearan Paladins are what restored you. any ability damage would have been restored by Restoration spells.





  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Ah, unless the spell used in this time is different, Stone to Flesh is not directly expensive. It does, however, take someone considerably more powerful than I know I am to do it. As well-" Iayabrin cuts herself off, a brief expression of horror crossing her face as the full implications of what she knows about the spell occurs to her. How many really hadn't made it through time intact, but had instead not survived being revived? Maybe a better way to do it had been invented since her own time? She wasn't sure which would be worse. Stuck forever as a kind-of-semi-conscious, crumbled statue or turning from stone into a lifeless corpse. One moment of bad luck and she would have been that lifeless corpse. Iayabrin swallows, then says quickly to the man even taller than herself, "But that is a good idea! And People who work together are stronger than those who work alone. If you do that I, Iayabrin Tenpire, will aid you!"
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    675
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Taken slightly off guard, it took a second for Onik to realize he was being included in the conversation. Even with that he wasn't entirely certain until he was addressed directly. Not much of a poker face, his brow contorted at each punctuation. Elevated, cocked, furrowed, Iayabrin took the drifter on some journey before finally his expression settled on warmth. A soft smile so delicate it was hard to tell it was even there, but Onik's casual lean forward and pointed eye contact made it obvious.

    "Are you ok?" He left her offer on the table for now and addressed the more important thread. "We lost you there for a second," he hadn't missed the look of horror nor the sobbing earlier. Although he preferred to avoid the more serious moments he struggled to ignore them when they were right in front of him.
    Last edited by No Body; 09-03-2020 at 09:36 PM.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    iayabrin shrugged, "I am as fine as current circumstances can allow. I appreciate the concern."
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Beren has followed Iayabrin over to the little group.

    "Are we doing a quest after all?" she asks. "I had been told they wanted nothing from us, but if that isn't the case then I shall assist you in repaying our debt or I shall die trying."

    She pauses for a moment, then amends her statement.

    "Or I suppose I could be turned into a statue again. Or put into a magical sleep by a wicked mage. Or transformed into an witless amphibian. Well. I shall repay my debt or die trying OR be otherwise indisposed by powerful foes... trying. My point is that I intend to join you on this adventure, regardless of the dangers involved."

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    675
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    He nodded at Iayabrin before Beren approached, not intent to dig any deeper anyway her arrival was much welcomed. "I just asked if they might be more interested in something other than a monetary reimbursement."

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Well, if you are truly wishing to aid us, there is a matter that we could use some assistance in. Recently, we sent some supplies to a village that had be laid under some sort of plague or curse. neither the acolytes nor the escorts have been heard from. We also do not know if the village is still surviving or nay. If you are amenable, we will send you with a second load of food and supplies and ask you to investigate what is happening in the village." The priest offers.





  11. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Roun, who had taken to sitting on his heels, suddenly roll-dives forward to where Beren was talking with two others of the group. Popping back up to his full standing height just as he reaches them, he asks, "So are we doin' something or what? All this sittin' still is unbearable..."
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, ďAre you really sure?Ē

  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    675
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Nothing local huh?" he seemed pained but he already said he would so he couldn't just back out now. Finally he addressed the offers for assistance. "Well, seems like we have a quest."

    Now he was on board with teaming up when the request sounded frankly dangerous to go alone.
    Last edited by No Body; 09-03-2020 at 11:39 PM.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    180
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Iayabrin left the conversation to tell the others from her time what was going on and see if they wanted to be involved.
    Every sweet has it's sour: Every evil it's good ~Emerson
    Honor the TRICKSTER For you would make a good squeaky toy
    I create worlds as a hobby. Does that make me a goddess?

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Roun watches the shiny coppery crying lady walk away. "What's happening? Was it something I said?" He says, half turning to Beren.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, ďAre you really sure?Ē

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "We are going on a quest to provide succor to a cursed town, find a party of missing persons, and repay our life-debt to this temple," Beren tells Roun. "I shall find out more information. Tell me if you have any questions."

    She reaches for the small journal in her hip pouch, then remembers that she doesn't have a journal any more. It had rotted away with her other possessions. A shame. It had contained notes on many of her cases, a few short poems, and sketches of some of the exotic flora she'd encountered in this strange land. Well, she could write new poems and re-draw the plants after she got a new journal. The missing case notes were more of a problem, but she would find a way to make things work without them.

    "Tell me more about this cursed town," she says to the Quest Giver. "What manner is the 'sort of plague or curse' placed upon them? Who cast it? Why? How long ago? What of the party sent to aid them? How many members were there? What were their names, descriptions, personalities, and distinctive mannerisms?"
    Last edited by RealWittyAlias; 09-04-2020 at 04:08 PM.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Roses' face flutters with concern, "There...will always...be people...in need...and as...protectors and...adventurers...we must...do what we...can." Rose pauses for a moment, "Could you...ask them if... there is...somewhere to...buy weapons...or armor" she motions to herself.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RealWittyAlias View Post
    "We are going on a quest to provide succor to a cursed town, find a party of missing persons, and repay our life-debt to this temple," Beren tells Roun. "I shall find out more information. Tell me if you have any questions."

    She reaches for the small journal in her hip pouch, then remembers that she doesn't have a journal any more. It had rotted away with her other possessions. A shame. It had contained notes on many of her cases, a few short poems, and sketches of some of the exotic flora she'd encountered in this strange land. Well, she could write new poems and re-draw the plants after she got a new journal. The missing case notes were more of a problem, but she would find a way to make things work without them.

    "Tell me more about this cursed town," she says to the Quest Giver. "What manner is the 'sort of plague or curse' placed upon them? Who cast it? Why? How long ago? What of the party sent to aid them? How many members were there? What were their names, descriptions, personalities, and distinctive mannerisms?"
    The poor cleric stammers to reply. "The town's name is Redbrook. It's about a day and a half's journey from here up into the mountains. We don't know the exact nature of the disease or curse. part of the group's duties were to investigate, so we have no clue the who or why. as for the when, the disease or curse seems to have stricken the village about 3 weeks ago. As for the aid party, we sent them about 8 days ago. There were two acolytes of Sheara, a Half-elf herbalist girl named Willa, and a male dwarven cleric named Kaspar. We had hired a party of 3 adventurers to aid them, a half-orc warrior named Grun, a young Human mage girl named Arisa, and a Tengu scout named Widefeather."





  18. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    484
    Blog Entries
    17
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    In answer to the queries for proper clothing and gear, one of the clerics replies. "Of...course you're welcome to borrow...from our armory. Or if you'd rather..."
    He draws a crude map of the town and marks on it where the Temple of Sheara is where you are standing, and then marks several places to buy clothing, weapons, armor, and general goods with symbols.





  19. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Beren relates all the information from the cleric to Roun, then tells him,

    "After I see to Fleetfeet I must purchase arms and armor in town to prepare for our journey. If you have errands to run as well then I shall be glad to serve as translator. Otherwise, I shall bid you farewell until my return."

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Just sit here and wait fur your return? I think not. Hate sitting still. I'll keep you com-panda-y." Roun jumps at the chance to go somewhere else, hopefully one less boring.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, ďAre you really sure?Ē

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •