Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: From the Wandering Squall to the Blistering Oasis

  1. #41
    Kruh's Avatar
    Kruh is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Zanobi appears at the scene, rapier in hand, coming to join Ashuel in the battle. "Let's show them how it's done, mate!"

    He then chooses to keep at the edge of the shore, too, close to Ashuel, attacking the nearest small elemental.


    Zanobi
    AC~15
    HP ~ 36; Current ~36

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+7) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+1) [7]
    Characters:
    Zanobi Tarna

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,726
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ashuel's blade cleaves through water once more, drawing the elemental's ire. But despite its best efforts, the catfolk is too quick for it, dodging its blows left and right.*

    Zanobi dives into the fray, drawing his blade as he swiftly approaches the field, but with the vestiges of sleep stilling hanging on his eyes he was unable to strike the elementals.

    But the catfolk quickly finds that he is not alone, Lav and Ket showing up at either side of him to help take the immediate pressure off, although both only arrive neither quite able to land a blow in the sudden melee. The wildcat Lil'kit also rushes in at Ket's side, decidedly happier in the cool of the night than she was in the heat of the day

    Poben calls on aid from Olidammara, and all of the companions gain a burst of inspiration even as the elementals begin to seem more hesitant. Hin draws a crossbow and releases a bolt into one of the smaller elementals. Juurvek, emerging from his tent, still wearing a fancy set of silk pajamas (with a stain of some sort of oil on the both of the sleeves), but he emerges with an intricate looking crossbow. But he misses his shot as it sails over the heads of the line of adventurers, crashing into the water out beyond vision.

    Hevod stands beside Juurvek and cuts himself with a strange curved dagger that has an eerily glowing orb set into the hilt. He pulls a small, slimy lizard like creature from within his jacket, which squirms in his grasp as he drips the blood onto it before dropping it to the sands. It writhes in agony but rapidly begins to swell in size, changing from the green-brown to a sickly white-gray, its eyes multiply unnaturally and its jaw widens as its teeth grow to resemble the dagger that Hevod held. Another four pairs of limbs burst from the side of the creature as the four that the creature had previously grow wicked talons and webbing between the claws. Hevod mutters something to the now monstrous lizard as he steps up onto its back.

    At this act the elementals are whipped into a frenzy and two of the smaller ones rush for Hevod, drawing strikes from Ket and Zanobi. The others attempt to batter through the line of adventurers. Zanobi and Ashuel manage to avoid most, but each takes a blow that leaves them realing for a moment.


    *I was under the impression that Iajutsu focus only worked when you drew the weapon. I'm giving it to you this round because in theory you do still have a sheathed weapon. Let me know if there's a way that it works that I'm missing.



    Ashuel and Zanobi are up

    ((Zanobi please give me an attack of opportunity vs Elemental E))


  3. #43
    Kruh's Avatar
    Kruh is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Zanobi sighs at missing the elemental but doesn't seem to lose his zest. Finding the right opportunity, he attacks again...

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack of opportunity - (1d20+7) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+1) [5]

    ((waiting for Ashuel to make his move before I post the action for the regular round))
    Characters:
    Zanobi Tarna

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    The catfolk, glad to have the back up, ducks under the blow aimed at him as he tries a double-X slash at the creature. "Keep backing up... we need to get them away from the water, where they are strongest." he says as he back peddles after he attacks.


  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,726
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ashuel's strike is deflected from the stream of water that comprises the elemental as he steps back to reassess the situation and prepare. Zanobi executes an excellent strike at the nearest elemental, although its attention still seems to be focused on Hevod.

    The others continue to fight the line, attempting to drive back the elementals... But then there is a commotion back towards the camp with startled cries from Poben and Juurvek drawing the attention of Ashuel and Zanobi. Each glances back for just a moment to see Hevod loading an apparently unconscious Juurvek, along with one of Juurvek's bags, onto the whitish aberration he created.

    Hevod gives what sounds like it could be some sort of command in some horrific sounding language just before it bounds away from the elementals with surprising agility for its size. Half of the elementals dash after the creatures, taking blows from the party as they go while the others, seemingly distracted, fail to strike our heroes.

    When Lav sees that Juurvek is getting carted away by Hevod, he shouts, "Hevod, what are you doing!?" and whether the dwarf ignored the hobgoblin or if he couldn't hear him, Lav fumes and gives a command to the others, "Forget the elementals for now, put that dwarf in the ground!"

    ((To describe the scene. Juurvek, Hevod, and his monster are about 100 feet away, near the shore. Three elementals (1 large, 2 medium) are attempting to surround the monster while the other three are distractedly still fighting the rest of the party)).




    ((This isn't a high stakes fight all in all, so its a great time to learn and remember mechanics ))

    Everyone is up!


  6. #46
    Kruh's Avatar
    Kruh is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    For a split second, Zanobi feels a certain satisfaction due to his gut suspicions about Hevod proving to be evidently justified. Yet, this sensation is quickly replaced by anger. He forgets the elementals and moves towards Hevod with a clear intention...

    swift action -- moving towards Hevod
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (d20+7) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d6+1) [5]

    Characters:
    Zanobi Tarna

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    As Zanobi moves, Ashuel hears Lav cry out for help. Cursing to himself for not following his instinct and seeing his employer, who his is dutybound to protect, the Catfolk breaks off from the elementals he is engaging as he focuses for a moment, turning into a blur as he moves, charging after after the dwarf, leaving a rooster tail of sand in his wake.


  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,726
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ashuel and Zanobi hurry away from the trailing elementals, leaving Ket, Hin, and Poben to face them and surround Hevod with Ashuel in his path, Lav cutting off a path away from the water, and Zanobi uncomfortably lined up with the frenzied elementals at the rear.

    Hevod pulls on a frill of flesh on the creature's shoulder, drawing it into a tight turn before they run into Ashuel as the dwarf sizes up his opposition, apparently surprised that Ashuel was able to catch up so swiftly. He glances between Juurvek's travelling bag and the unconscious artificer before apparently coming to a decision. Hevod heaves mightily at Juurvek's body, and between the heave of the dwarf and the previous momentum of travel Juurvek goes flying into Ashuel. ((Ashuel roll Strength or Dexterity check vs Hevod's Trip attempt roll of 26 to avoid the trip attempt. Otherwise fall prone and take 9 damage))*.

    After throwing Juurvek he takes a tighter hold on the bag and urges his slimy monstrosity of a mount to dive into the water, nimbly dodging several blows from the elementals (although a single blow catches the retreating form of the dwarf). Lav, in his frustration, also misses the dwarf and mount as it disappears into the water, stirring up dirt and sand that begins to obscure his position. ((He is now 60 feet away in the water before he turns back to assess the situation)).

    Back on the other side the large and small elementals manage a few brutal strikes against Hin, dropping the halfling's body into the water as Poben misses a shot with his crossbow and Ket tries to fend off the other three, landing a blow against the larger elemental.






    Everyone is up!


    *I will sometimes do opposed rolls like this for you, but without you knowing that is how I often do things I didn't want you to think I was just tripping your character with no opportunity to respond.
    Last edited by Zeros; 09-30-2020 at 03:08 PM.


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ashuel, ready to draw his sword as the dwarf and his monstrous mount approach, is caught off-guard as Hevod throws their employer at him. Doing his best to dodge, he stands in the aftermath for a moment as he considers following Hevod somehow. Seeing the helpless Juurvek at his feet and the elementals close by, he grinds his teeth as he reaches down and puts Juurvek over his shoulder and make his way back to the camp swiftly, hoping the other see his move.


  10. #50
    Kruh's Avatar
    Kruh is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Zanobi is angry. He doesn't want to let the dwarf escape but it doesn't seem like he can do anything. Without the water creatures at their throats, he would consider taking Semni and trying to get him but now he concludes he has no choice but to defend himself and others from the creatures and then, maybe, searching for the bloody dwarf. Frustrated as he is, he attacks the nearest elemental of those that seem to go after him.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+8) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+1) [4]

    ((I forgot to add the attack bonus of the rapier to my previous attack rolls. I'm generally sorry for the mistakes I make but hopefully it doesn't create too much chaos.)
    Characters:
    Zanobi Tarna

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,726
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ashuel carries the unconscious Juurvek back towards camp.

    Lav curses as Hevod escapes but he and Zanobi manage to bring down another elemental while the other two near them continue to hurry after Hevod. Hevod, noticing the attention that his 'steed' is attracting gives it a command before jumping off with Juurvek's bag. The creature moves through the water almost like a torpedo, directly for the gnome Poben. It takes an awful bite from the gnome's arm... but doesn't let go, instead thrashing about with the gnome in tow, a sickly green substance flowing from the roots of its teeth and soaking the gnome's wounds.

    Ket is conflicted between the downed Hin and Poben's plight, but ultimately decides he can do more to help Poben away from the elementals. His axe sinks deep into the giant, white lizard's flank, but it continues to thrash about in spite of (or perhaps more incensed because of) the blow to its hide. The elemental's strike Ket as he retreats, but ultimately follows him, helping to surround the monstrosity conjured by Hevod.

    Poben attempts to cast a spell, but is unable to maintain his concentration with the creature latched to him the way it is.

    Current positions: 2 elementals are in the water, looking as if they are about to chase after the monstrous aberration. 3 elementals are helping to surround the aberration. Ket and his animal companion are both around the monstrous aberration. Poben is being grappled by the aberration. Zanobi and Lav are 60 feet from the aberration (within charge range). Juurvek is within 20 feet of the aberration while carrying juurvek.



  12. #52
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Once back the the realitive safety of the camp, Ashuel spies cover and moves to it before settling Juurvek down. "Come on, man, wake up." he says as he checks him for any wounds and see if his heart still beats. As a precaution, he focuses for a moment on the magic in his belt and it washes over his fallen employer.



  13. #53
    Kruh's Avatar
    Kruh is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Again evaluating the situation, Zanobi decides that while the elementals are after Hevod and neither Hevod or the creature he is riding is focusing on him in any way, he could attempt to make a move against the dwarf.

    Characters:
    Zanobi Tarna

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,726
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    All except for two of the Large elementals seem to have completely forgotten about the adventurers, rather focusing on the affront to nature standing before them. One of the large elemental continues to square off against Ket and Lil'kit, but is beginning to look the worse for the wear. The other takes a final blow from Lav before he starts hurrying back towards the others.

    The creature is managing much better despite fending off blows from several elementals, and lands another couple of vicious blows with its claws and wicked fangs against the little gnome, Poben, leaving the follower of the Trickster God unconscious in a growing pool of blood.

    Meanwhile, Ashuel inspects his employer, he doesn't find any critical injuries but notes a contusion over his forehead that is just starting to turn the deep purple of a bruise. With the administration of the healing belt's magic the bruise disappears instantaneously although Juurvek doesn't rouse immediately, perhaps some magic is at play?

    Zanobi begins to try and sneak forward in the dark towards the dwarf, but is unable to reach the dwarf in the dark, cool waters before the dwarf sneers at him and dives into the water, beginning to swim away.

    Last edited by Zeros; 10-15-2020 at 01:21 PM.


  15. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ashuel curses under his breath as the magic washes over Juurvek but he fails to stir. "Help! I need help! Juurvek's down and my magic isn't rousing him. It might be magic or poison effecting him." He call out to the rest of the group as he urges them to rush back to camp.


  16. #56
    Kruh's Avatar
    Kruh is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Zanobi once again gives up on getting Hevod, this time being even more frustrated than before. The situation doesn't really seem good and he feels helpless -- unable to catch the bloody dwarf and also unable to help Poben and Hin who seem to need help quite urgently. When he hears Ashuel's call for help, he's almost annoyed. What is he supposed to do? What's happening here? Three men down, including the boss, the dwarf on the run, and there are still the water demons to get rid of. Then, he comes up with an idea. Not sure how clever or not it is, it's the only thing he can think of: if he manages to get Poben back to Ashuel and Juurvek, Ashuel might help the cleric and then Poben could be able to do something about whatever problem Juurvek is having back there. Zanobi sighs, absolutely not happy about his fresh plan, yet having to try and succeed at it.

    Characters:
    Zanobi Tarna

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,726
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    ((I'm going to move this to more roleplaying than true turns due to the nature of the actions going on.))

    Ashuel realizes that a single injury, especially after being healed magically, shouldn't keep Juurvek unconscious. Blunt force makes it less likely to have been poison... So he considers that it may be able to be broken down to a magical affliction. However, from what he saw and the injury seen... He's unsure of exactly what could've caused the symptoms. Although Hevod took Juurvek's bag, its possible that he has another tool that might be able to help. (Go ahead and roll an intelligence check to see if you may recall a conversation with Juurvek about some of his gadgets, alternatively Lav may be more familiar with the artificer's equipment).

    Ket finally defeats the elemental down by the water's edge only to turn around and aid Lav against the Monstrosity tearing into poor Poben. Zanobi sees an opportunity to be able to reach the trickster God's follower, but will need to move swiftly if he's going to be able to avoid the rending claws and jaws of this creature (go ahead and give me an acrobatics check, no strength check needed since Poben is on the small size. Like carrying a child... In armor).

    Any evidence of the treacherous dwarf disappears as the ripples slowly stop.


  18. #58
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Ashuel ponders for a moment on anything that might been brought up in conversation that may have led the dwarf to do this. Grimacing, he looks and catches sight of Hevod disappearing into the water. Slamming his fist against the sand, he shakes his head. "Lav! Lav! Come on! Juurveks' hurt!"
    he calls out. Once Lav is closer, he asks "What do you make of this? I'm not chirgeon. And what would drive that bloody dwarf to do this?"


  19. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,726
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Zanobi sees the opportunity, a small glinting opening in the fray... He dashes through and snatches up the unconscious gnome, throwing him over his shoulder just as the monster's claws tear through the sand where the little one had been moments before. Its many vicious eyes track Zanobi, but the pounding from an elemental, followed by a strike to its flank from Ket, draws its attention away as Zanobi ducks behind a tent and lays Poben on the ground where the gnome lays with ragged breaths.

    Ashuel recalls a handful of devices that Juurvek had that he claimed could help replace the 'nonsense' of having to worship some aloof deity to receive aid for ailments; one that comes to mind came in the form of a 2-foot curved rod that could be extended into a large halo like hoop and was designed to reinvigorate the senses. He recalls that Juurvek would use it sometimes in the morning similar to how many of the rich merchants of Emporos would have special herbs imported for energy imparting morning teas. If he could find it in Juurvek's tent he might be able to get it to work. Lav hurries over, appearing loathe to leave the fighting to Ket and the elementals, and takes his friend's pulse before slapping the artificer a few times to no effect, "Did you see any wounds before you healed him?" he asks urgently, obviously worried (as Ashuel is) for any risk of poison.

    Although the elementals seem to have only a care for the aberration before them, the creature seems intently focused on Ket, drawing two large gashes into the Goliath (although he was able to avoid those cruel dagger-like teeth). The creature does begin to slow beneath the onslaught... But still continues to draw breath, every movement etched with malice and some alien hunger. Those who look out towards the water might notice two red pinpricks before they disappear again.


  20. #60
    Kruh's Avatar
    Kruh is online now PbP Lvl.1 - reached 3 posts (Next Lvl.@ 300 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    41
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Zanobi grabs Poben again, now taking him directly to Ashuel, Lav and Juurvek. He lays him next to Juurvek carefully and glances back -- he knows he will have to go help Ket fighting the monster. There's not much more he can do here. "Look, mate," he says, addressing Ashuel, "Poben might be able to help you here, eh? Well, not in this state, obviously. But you do your thing and he gonna be alright and then maybe he gonna help you with the boss." Catching his breath, he realises that he is injured himself, albeit not seriously. But there's no time for this now. With his rapier at the ready, he walks away to join Ket against the monster.
    Characters:
    Zanobi Tarna

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •