Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
Results 701 to 710 of 710

Thread: [STORY] Act II - The Spider Farm

  1. #701
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    8,017
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Noted and continues on. He is getting worried at several things at this point

    1) the sheer number of goblins still alive (after seeing 13 dead)
    2) the fact that they seem to have separated female hostages and are "torturing" them for all intents and purposes.
    3) that they are all spread out in multiple buildings so far.
    4) that he has not seen any Male hostages yet.

    nonetheless - his invisibility and time is limited... he pushes on to search the next building.

    (ooc - Question - was the chain gun audible from this distance away? I'm curious as to whether I see any Goblins that might have heard and are now potentially going to head in that direction away from the farm in order to investigate)
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  2. #702
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,486
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    "Stubborn, isn't he?" Yuenni murmurs.

    (OOC: Drew, can Dez's weapons target a creature that is literally right next to it? Or does my girl need to go out and eat this guy fair and square without any guns or firepower? )

  3. #703
    HorseyFatback's Avatar
    HorseyFatback is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "Dez, if you open the door I'll get in his way." ​Gallant stretches his arms and shoulders.
    Last edited by HorseyFatback; 03-04-2021 at 02:26 AM.

  4. #704
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,012
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    [OOC: Dez's weapons have minimum ranges. She's unable to use her weaponry against targets that are so close because she'd end up inflicting a lot of damage to herself, too.]

    "Hatch opening," Dez says as her door opens once more.

    ------------------------------

    [OOC: Thanks to a combination of pure distance, heavy summer air, the dampening effect of hundreds of trees between here and there, and the dull cacophony of nighttime animal and insect life in the wilderness, Dez's chain gun cannot be heard from the Spider Farm.]

    Damian continues on, heading further south until he reaches Building O. He is bothered by the fact that, up until now, he hasn't been able to help any of the farm workers or take out a lone goblin sentry (because it would use up precious invisibility time or possibly end the spell early altogether), but he's happy that he has at least finally reached his goal - Building O, the one he pegged as most likely to contain the farm's hostages. Peering in through the back wall's window, he takes stock of what he sees. As he suspected, there are hostages in there. Two humans, a half-elf, and a dwarf. One of the humans is female, the rest are male. All of them are on their knees with their ankles tied together and their wrists bound behind their back. Five mean-looking goblins keep watch over these hostages. One of the goblins is bigger than the others and looks stronger and meaner, too. If this is really a small army, he is obviously one of its generals.

    In your General Settings, you can choose to hide other users' avatars and signatures. I have opted to hide signatures. So keep in mind that I can see your avatar but I cannot see your signature.

  5. #705
    HorseyFatback's Avatar
    HorseyFatback is online now PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Gallant grunts to Dez in thanks. As he exits Dez's body, he calls back behind him. "Yuenni, stay on that gun. I'll try to push him back."

    He closes the distance between himself and the barbarian cautiously. Then, in motion, casts Thunderous Smite, before pushing forward and taking a swing with his claws.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative? - (1d20+1) (1) [2]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+7) (1) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage, Slashing - (2d6+3) (1, 5) [9]

    (OOC: Oof, not the rolls I was hoping for)
    Last edited by HorseyFatback; 03-04-2021 at 05:11 PM.

  6. #706
    shadowthebard's Avatar
    shadowthebard is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    "Or I can take over the gun, if you want to go with Gallant," Cal offers.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  7. #707
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,486
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Yuenni nods, thanks Cal and pops out to join Gallant.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20) [20]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+7) [8]

    And fast popping it was, too!

  8. #708
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,012
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Gallant lets out his thankful grunt to Dez and goes to exit the vehicle, ordering Yeunni to stay on the gun as he bends down to lumber through the vehicle doorway and head down the ramp.

    "Or I can take over the gun--," Cal tries to helpfully suggest, only to find that Yeunni is already down from the gun station and racing after Gallant.

    "Thanks!"
    she says with a nod as she passes by.

    "--if you want to go with Gallant," Cal says, finishing his sentence anyway to an empty vehicle interior.
    Gallant is momentarily caught off guard as Yeunni blows past him on the ramp, yet again demonstrating the defiance and rebelliousness that has been added to her personality ever since her resurrection. Reaching the barbarian first, she has just enough time to notice that he shines here and there in the moonlight in spots as if he were splattered in some kind of oil or very thin slime, and then her attack hits.

    The barbarian doesn't even try to avoid it. In fact, he turns and appears to fight an unseen force to struggle his own arms wide apart in order to make himself the biggest, easiest target he possibly can. Upon contact with the man, Yeunni's mind experiences several flashes of imagery - a cave, an underground lake, a horrible aquatic creature that is all tentacles and teeth - all of it too fast and chaotic to make any sense. As the connection is broken and Yeunni and the barbarian stagger backward away from each other, that's when Gallant comes in with a claw swipe that unfortunately misses due the the barbarian tripping mid-backward stagger and falling on his ass.
    In your General Settings, you can choose to hide other users' avatars and signatures. I have opted to hide signatures. So keep in mind that I can see your avatar but I cannot see your signature.

  9. #709
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,486
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Yuenni frowns down at the man.

    "There's something...wrong, Gallant," she says unsurely, remaining on guard. "His mind...it is...tainted. Corrupted. Poisoned, perhaps."

    The former cleric knows she can reach out with her essence when a foe is killed; she'd learned that back at the camp with her half-orcan buddy. But could she, she wondered, reach out to a living-but-disabled mind?

    Only one way to find out. So, instead of hitting the barbarian again with a coup de grace, Yuenni instead attempts to...to...well, she isn't sure exactly, but in essence, she tries to reach out with her mind and touch the fractured mind of the suffering man before her. Either it would work...or she'd look silly standing there doing nothing, but either way, she felt better about trying than continuing to swing a weapon at a foe who doesn't swing back.

  10. #710
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,012
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    It doesn't work as it's intended to, but it manages to get the job done in a way nonetheless. As Yeunni focuses intently on reaching out with her mind and trying to touch the mind of the tortured barbarian, she ends up triggering her body-steal ability, passing out and releasing her green smoke. When it tries to enter the barbarian's mouth and nose, though, a powerful spark occurs, like that of static electricity, and the smoke completely disappears. Yeunni and the barbarian also cry out in discomfort in unison as well, both of them fully awake and themselves again. Whatever was going on with the man, it seems Yeunni actually managed to accidentally disrupt it to the point that he has been freed.

    "Thank you," the muscle-bound warrior breathes with a look of true gratitude even as he lays there bleeding from wounds that will surely prove fatal if not treated soon. "In the woods ... a cave," he works hard to say. "... Don't go in."

    And then he passes out.

    ------------------------------

    Damian continues scouting south. At this point he has decided to try and scope out as much of the farm as he can. He has to slow it down a little bit and be careful and quiet as he comes closer than he'd prefer to a goblin near Building N: the Women's Dormitory. Inside, he sees that it is empty save for a pair of goblins who are currently working on trashing the place, going through every possible nook and cranny. If they find anything they seem to think would be valuable, they are tossing it into a designated little pile in the building's northeast corner.

    In your General Settings, you can choose to hide other users' avatars and signatures. I have opted to hide signatures. So keep in mind that I can see your avatar but I cannot see your signature.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •