Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 404

Thread: [STORY] Act II - The Spider Farm

  1. #221
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+10) (18) [28]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  2. #222
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Damian strikes out alone, leaving through the cut in the back wall and sneaking down the side of the tent. Waiting for the right moment and moving from shadow to shadow, the half-drow makes his way across slowly and steadily, choosing care and caution over speed and force. Anyone who peers through the narrow opening of the slit between the two flaps of the tent opening can watch Damian as he gradually makes his way across, disappearing and reappearing every now and then as he moves closer and closer until he can dart inside the stables.

    Inside, Damian is pleased to find that it is being used for horses and it currently contains four of them. Maybe one of these four is Cal's horse. But what's even better, what has Damian super-excited, is that the far wall of the stables has three large wooden chests just sitting in a row on the floor there.

  3. #223
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Damian will make sure the stables are clear before he heads for the chests.... his tools in hand.

    If there is a stable-hand or a single person there... then he will attempt to render said person unconscious. (or dead... if that is easier)... the point is to ensure no quick alarm is raised.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  4. #224
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    No, the little structure is totally empty aside from the four animals, and there's currently no light source burning in here either so it's nice and dark. Best of all, there doesn't appear to be any sort of lock or latch or anything on any of these chests. The lids look like they can just be lifted right up. They must figure that they don't have to worry about the horses running off with the contents, after all.

  5. #225
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    **Lifts the lids and inspects the contents.**

    (Just basically waiting/filling time until the others join me)
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  6. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,308
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    (OOC: Drew, do we all make checks? Or do we just wait for a quiet moment to sneak across to Damian?)

    Yuenni murmurs, "No alarms...no cries of pain...perhaps Damian got lucky after all," watching the stables.



  7. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Gallant nods at Yuenni's comment. Peering through the tent flap, he'll burst forward whenever he sees an opening.

    (Going to use inspiration for this one, let's get out of here)

    [rollv=1d20+6] Gallant Athletics [/rollv]
    [rollv=1d20+6] Gallant Athletics Adv[/rollv]

  8. #228
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Whoops, total mental lapse on the dice formatting!

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGallant Athletics - (1d20+6) (16) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGallant Athletics Adv - (1d20+6) (9) [15]

  9. #229
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,308
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    (OOC: I don't suppose there's any advantage of my girl going when Gallant goes, is there? Like, he found an opening and she just runs with him too?

    Probably not, eh? )

    "Be careful," the former cleric murmurs as Gallant makes his move and she prepares to do the same...

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics - (1d20+3) [16]



  10. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Gallant and Yeunni blast across whenever no one's looking, choosing to take the quick route over the cautious route. They come rushing in while Damian is checking out the contents of the chests.




  11. #231
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Cal moves to join the others, still stiff and achy from being bound. He is somewhat surprised when he doesn't fall flat on his face crossing the distance to the stable tent.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics - (1d20+1) [13]
    Last edited by shadowthebard; 10-13-2020 at 10:03 PM.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  12. #232
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,308
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    "Well...this is serendipitous," Yuenni says, arming and armoring herself once more.

    "Gather the items quickly. Then we ride," she adds, indicating the horses.



  13. #233
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Cal is the last to arrive at the stable. He comes jogging in with sufficient speed but he is still obviously working some stiffness out of his muscles and joints. When he sees Yeunni, changed from her loose, revealing, white, silky gown into her full adventuring armor and gear, she looks completely different, but much more appropriate this way, as if this were always the way she were meant to be.

    With one chest emptied out and another full of random loot, Cal recognizes the third as full of his belongings. He also does recognize one of the horses as his own.

  14. #234
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Cal dives into the third chest and starts checking his gear. "Idiots," he mumbles as he quickly dons a fresh shirt, after checking the contents of his pouch. "They took the fake signet ring and left the real one." He equips his weapons - shortsword, shortbow and full quiver, two daggers - and then checks the contents of his pack. Finally he pulls two rings out of his pouch, slipping one onto each hand. One is a signet ring, bearing a distinctly different device than the insignia on his pouch. The other is a brilliant golden tourmaline set in a gold band. "They even left my jewelry and my coin," he scoffs. "Now, any ideas how to get out of here with my horse?"

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  15. #235
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Damian seriously doubts any of the horses will seat Gallant. And he is curious as to how they will react to Yuenni's undead self. The nag pulling the cart had settled over time... but that was a cart horse... not one that actually carries someone.

    Thinking of the cart of course reminds him of other things...including the two wheel pins in his pocket.... and a certain tree.

    "We need to get back to Rolen and the Cart.... One horse I can render invisible however three or four horses, I cannot. Which would mean pushing our luck by trying to simply walk out with them. So either we take only what we can carry from this third chest... or find some saddlebags and Cal's Horse can carry the stuff out of here. We have pushed our luck for time here already."

    "Here -" He hands the goggles to Yuenni. "These should help you to see as the rest of us do at night - which will make the journey in the forest a little easier".

    ***
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  16. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Gallant comes to a stop inside the stable and takes in his surroundings while he and Yuenni retrieve their gear. After Damian lays out their options, he breaks his silence. "I can summon a steed, Damian, if needed. But I would need ten minutes without interruption, and I'm not sure how long we can stay here without being found out."

  17. #237
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    He thinks a bit more.

    "Gallant you led us here. I'll follow your lead back out again.... Do we walk or ride from here?"
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  18. #238
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,871
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    The horses do seem to want nothing to do with neither Gallant nor Yeunni, and there are plenty of empty saddlebags hanging on the wall. As far as spur-of-the-moment plans go, it isn't bad. You don't have much longer to think about it, though, because a signal whistle begins ringing out over and over somewhere to the north. Surely this brigand camp doesn't have a constabulary, but whatever it does have that operates in that same or similar capacity must have arrived on the scene, assessed the situation, and is now calling in the reserves, so to speak. They'll be starting a search soon, most likely. If Damian's ruse was successful, the bulk of the search will focus on the fake animal attack trail leading north into the woods, which will buy a small amount of time.

  19. #239
    Lycanthus's Avatar
    Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,185
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    There is only the slight hint of panic as his right eye twitches in time with that whistle. The sheer size of this camp is weighing heavily on his mind for making any kind of escape the longer they dawdle.

    "That's our cue. No time to grab a bunch of horses... quick Cal... grab yours and we will load it up and ill render it invisible. For gods sake... don't drop the lead"

    He stuffs things into saddlebags (careful not to damage the scrolls all the same) before adding

    "But erm... remember that summon steed thing another time... the poor cart horse will thank you for it."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  20. #240
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Gallant chuckles, but the severity of their position robs him of any lasting enjoyment. "How are we going to move? I can't blend in and enough of them know Yuenni by now."

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •