Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [STORY] Act II - The Spider Farm

With still many hours of night remaining, the reunited group skirts the outer edge of camp, following Damian as he shows them where to find the purple tent. At about the time the group arrives at the point where they're hidden in the trees looking at the back of the purple tent ahead of them down below, there is a very faint but distinct bloodcurdling female scream from somewhere far to the north. All activity in the camp practically grinds to a halt, and most people start walking or running in that direction to see what caused the scream.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

"I guess they finally looked inside your room" he mutters. Hoping like hell his efforts at had least bought them some extra time.

"Quickly Now" he whispers to himself...as He heads down to the back of the tent.... where he takes a dagger and cuts a small hole - hoping that anyone who might have been inside has either left or is at least distracted by the screams.... and then he looks inside.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Knowing that at this point the attention of the camp is elsewhere, Gallant follows with Damian to the back of the tent (if Damian feels the need to use his invisibility to give Gallant some cover, he won't object).

Yuenni follows as well, glad for the distraction.

"He had it coming," she murmurs to her companions, as way of explanation for the screams to the north.

It is not what you expected. The interior of the tent is huge and completely empty. It has not been sectioned off into rooms at all, it's just one big, giant, empty square. There are no pieces of furniture, there is no covering over the dirt ground, there isn't even a single light source. Without the ability to see in the dark, it would just be pitch-black in here. And in the very middle of the room, sitting on the ground wearing a gag and a blindfold and with his wrists and ankles bound with rope, is a tall, raven-haired, bronze-skinned, defeated-looking elf dressed in regal-looking attire.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

"Looks like its empty save for a hostage." He whispers as he checks for any guards.

Still He was not about to waste time. He mentally berates His Patron for bugging him about this tent.... Still his next action was never in doubt.

He cuts the hole just big enough for him to fit through. (preferably near a pole or something so that its not obvious straight away)

"Wait here" he whispers to the others, as he dashes, crouched low towards the bound and gagged hostage.

Assuming he reaches the Elf unchallenged.

"Stay Calm, Friend". He whispers as he gets close. The elf may not be able to see him, but he probably knows someone is close and his ears are not blocked... he is bound to have heard something by this point.

He removes the blindfold. Sure that the guy probably can't see, but its a gesture nonetheless.

"Lovely place you have here...." (wittiness to ease the tension)

He cuts the bindings on the Elfs Feet as he talks

"My friends and I are leaving...."

He now cuts the bindings on the Elfs Hands.

"You can come with us or try your own way....."

He moves away slightly leaving the gag in place. After all the elf can handle that bit himself at this point.

"What say you?"

Yuenni looks at the prisoner Damian is freeing and murmurs, "If we free even one prisoner from here, this will all have been more than worth it, gold or no gold."

The half-dead woman looks surprised as the words come out.

She hadn't said or even felt anything like that since, since...well, since.

The elf's silver eyes meet Damian's and hold, as a graceful hand reaches up to remove the gag.

"I say I'm not going anywhere without my gear and my horse." His tone is calm, his voice slightly hoarse from disuse. He rises to his feet, carefully stretching out his limbs for the first time in days. "To whom do I owe my gratitude?"

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Damian presses a thumb and finger to the bridge of his nose. They really did not have time for this.

"I'm Damian, as for your gear...." He sighs as he heads for the cut in the tent wall, indicating for the Elf to follow...since it seems he can see after all.

"Do you know exactly where it is? We were looking for some of our stuff and our time is rather limited...hence the screams"

He pauses at the extraction point before adding. "You may want to consider simply replacing your items."

He briefly considers warning the strange elf about the appearances of his friends... but sometimes words were just not adequate enough.

"And your name?"

"Unfortunately, I have no idea where they stored my belongings. But I'd rather not leave my family signet in the hands of these brigands," the elf replies coldly. "And I have a few items that would be nearly impossible to replace." He takes a few steps toward the back of the tent before answering the last question. "You can call me Cal."

------------

"If we're finding Cal's items, we may find mine as well," Yuenni says flatly. "I am Yuenni. Hello Cal. I think it is high time we both readied to be rid of this camp."

Surely Cal notices some of Yuenni's eccentricities: the deadened voice, the glassy eyes, the slightly-stitched-together nature of her skin, etc.

Turning to Damian and Gallant she adds, "Did either of you notice anything else that might lead us to equipment? If so, let us try. If not...we may simply have to leave and count ourselves lucky to escape at all, effects or no effects."

Gallant reaches out to grip Cal's hand. "Gallant." He turns to Yuenni. "I was...tied up in the woods. Owlbear. Didn't get the chance to scout out the camp as much as I'd have liked."

Cal examines Damian's companions, taking in their... odd... natures with little reaction. "Were you a prisoner as well?" he asks Yuenni.

------------

Damian chuckles at that question... he can't help it. The events that have lead to this moment just keep getting weirder.

"There is a stable right there.... I assume your Horse is as stubborn as you are... so let's see if its in there."

He looks at the elf... "Cal.. just ...er... try to blend in"

He the looks to see if the way is clear.

It's not clear. After the initial hiccup in normal activity, the place is already settling back into routine and lots of foot traffic has returned, mostly women, children, and elderly. It's sparse enough, though, that someone could still get across the wide pathway without being seen if they were fast (DC 12 Athletics) or sneaky (DC 16 Stealth) enough.

"Yes, I was one of their many sex slaves," Yuenni responds before deadpanning, "for all of an hour or so."

Looking at the stables, the former cleric adds, "I could run across quickly...any other ideas?"

(OOC: +3 Athletics here. Anyone better?)

Damian will just walk across... looking for all the world as if he is supposed to be there - after all that is what he has been doing for the last few hours.

(Ooc unless you insist on a roll of some type?)

well I did state that I lead Cal to the place I cut into the tent in order to exit it (Post #209)) so we would be walking out from the side... not the entrance itself.... if that makes a difference

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast