Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 284

Thread: [IC] Act II - The Spider Farm

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Gallant snaps his eyes shut. He breathes out the incantation to cast Thaumaturgy, creating the sound of quiet (but audible) whispers and a stick cracking as if stepped on in the woods about 20 feet further in the direction the direction the brigands had been heading.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,764
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Gallant cuts off his own vision. A risky move. He can't see what happens next, but Damian is able to watch as events unfold.

    Kartoc leans in a bit more, surprised when the lights disappear. "Fireflies?" he can barely be heard saying to himself. Then the whispers and the stick cracking cause him to stand up straight and whip his head to face that way. The other brigands all spin to face that way as well. "Hurry," Kartoc says, now speaking in a more tactical volume, "check it out."

    The brigands kill their light and hurry off in that direction. Kartoc tarries a moment to look one more time in Gallant's general direction, still wondering if something might be there, but ultimately also hurries off to catch up with the rest of his group.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Once the brigands have passed, Gallant cracks his eyes open. Slowly scanning the forest in a fluid motion, he deems it safe and takes a few quiet steps back towards Yuenni's trail. Once he emerges from the shadows he waves to Damian and begins following the trail once more.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,929
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Damian waits a moment more... making sure the brigands are definitely moving away .... and then wordlessly he follows. But he keeps an ever cautious eye and ear "out" for any returning brigands.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  5. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Yuenni chooses not to make any changes to her room.

    She figured the blood she'd spill here tonight would more than serve as decoration enough.



  6. #126
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,764
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Damian and Gallant don't encounter any more trouble while Gallant follows Yeunni's trail. They reach the clearing and discover the crater and look out over the massive, lamp-lit community, which is still pretty active even for nighttime. They are hit with the realization that it's going to be a lot harder than they first thought to find Yeunni in this camp.

    --------------------

    "Time to open, girls!" Cherry calls from the front room. "Everybody gather up and look presentable!"

    Everyone comes walking in and takes up a position and a pose in a certain spot, like they probably do this pose in this spot every night, and then just waits. Yeunni does the same, either by watching the others and mimicking their behavior or being pushed and pulled into position if she does nothing and they notice that she's lagging behind. For a bit, nothing happens, then the first brigand walks in...

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Yuenni mimics the behavior; no prodding or pushing needed. That said, it was a macabre thing nonetheless. She looked more like a wolf waiting for its next meal than a woman waiting to fulfill the desires of her clients.

    Which, of course, was nearly the truth.



  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,929
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Damian is understandably shocked. He never expected it to be a while damn city.

    "How the hell are we going to find her in all of that."

    His brain is already trying to process a scenario. Surely He could possibly pass as "just another brigand" in such a sea of faces where people are hardly likely to know what everyone looks like..... but Gallant definitely won't.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,764
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Damian looks out over the huge camp and ponders. True, he can already easily spy more than enough unattended bandit gear laying around all over the place to create an entire working disguise that would not only hide his half-elf features but pretty much completely blend him into the community as long as he doesn't do anything to draw attention to himself. But that doesn't help him find Yeunni much faster. There must be close to a hundred tents here and a lot of them look the same. And there's also the problem of what to do with Gallant. A helmet and a breastplate aren't going to be enough to hide what he's got going on.

    --------------------

    "Ajax," the elf female coos, as if she knew this man would be the one to walk through the door.

    "Faunalyn," he swoons back, his voice and demeanor not matching his look at all. He's big and muscle-bound and has lots of battle scars.

    "Come on, sweetie," Faunalyn says, holding out a hand. Ajax rushes over to take it, and then she leads him to her room, where they disappear behind her curtain.

    "Ajax is Faunalyn's number one fan," Celeste leans over and quietly explains to Yeunni. "He's here to see her first thing almost every night. A few of us have repeat customers like that who have really taken a shine to one of us in particular."

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Indeed," Yuenni murmurs in a deadened voice. "Lucky you."



  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Gallant sighs at the size of the camp, knowing their task just grew much harder than expected. "I can connect with the divines to seek out the undead, but with a camp this size no matter how close we get she may still be beyond my reach."

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,929
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Let me disguise myself and go see if I can't get some sort of idea where they are likely to have her - hopefully it will take an hour or less..... Someone is bound to say something about the strange new girl.... hopefully I can hook on to a group headed to the right tent and figure out a way to break her out. You however.... need to stay hidden. There is nothing I can do to hide you... even in there.... at least not for as long as we need, in order to do a proper search. Worse case we leave... go back to the cart and drive back to the brigands and ask if we can join them."

    He sighs

    "Otherwise we can just wait until the screams start.... because you know they will... once she gets hungry."


    Last edited by Lycanthus; 09-22-2020 at 08:26 PM.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  13. #133
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,764
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    The next brigand walks in. It's a six-and-a-half foot tall half-orc with a black mohawk, one milky eye, and a missing nose. His battle scar collection makes Ajax's look like a joke. Like all the members of this clan, he's dressed like something straight out of Mad Max.

    "Heard the tent got a new girl," he grunts.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "That would be me," Yuenni says flatly, trying to contain her excitement.

    Look at the size of him! Look at how much of him there is! His arms alone would take hours to eat!



  15. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,929
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Damian puts his disguise kit and skills to work... he makes his way to retrieve pieces for his disguise.... and transforms himself as best as he can. Then ensuring that Gallant is well hidden enough for an hour or two at most, he will head towards the camp... hoping to slip in and blend in as best as he can.... listening to conversations... find an inn or something where he is likely to hear people talking... *Scouting for Clues* as the old detective novels would say.

    Before he goes he whispers to Gallant - some of the hardest words he has probably ever had to utter.

    "If I am not back in 2 hours, make your way back to the cart. I will know to head there. It may be that I have found Yuenni and we just have to wait to time our escape. However If I'm not there by morning. Retrieve the gold and continue on to Melford. I guess wait a week. If we don't show by then....." His voice trails off...and he shrugs. The obvious conclusion to that statement needs not be said.

    He then sets off....

    ***
    I have no idea what you want me to roll. I'm basically hoping to overhear someone/s "Heading to shag her" and either tag along as part of a group... or follow said individual.
    If Yuenni can be located well within the 2 hrs... Damian will make his way back to where he left Gallant and together they can move to work on the problem of extracting her.
    If he has no choice but to enter the tent in order to pretend to be a customer in order to find her... he will. It will give him information after all.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  16. #136
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,764
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "I'll have you, then," the ugly half-orc says. "Let's go."

    Several of the girls let out quiet little squeals of excitement and give Yeunni rapid pats of encouragement.

    "Go on, baby doll," Cherry gently says, making eye contact but not leaving her perfect pose, "you'll be just fine."

    --------------------

    Damian must make a Deception or Performance roll
    and
    a Perception or Investigation roll.

    Results will vary based on his choice and how he rolls.

  17. #137
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,929
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDeception - (1d20+6) (10) [16] makes sense as he is in disguise which is a deception of sorts.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation - (1d20+4) (6) [10] its an investigation in terms of detective work ... perception is +5 ... but ill play it true to trope and take the slightly lesser mod.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  18. #138
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,929
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    bah gonna try and improve on that 10 for the second roll.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation Re-Roll with Inspiration - (1d20+4) (8) [12]

    Sigh ok thats a 16 for Deception and a 12 for Investigation.

    Not great... but hopefully good enough.

    and Damian is back to 0 Inspirations lol (I love using them though.... I mean why not )
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 09-23-2020 at 12:37 AM.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  19. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Yuenni nods both at the half-orc's words and Cherry's well-meaning (albeit-entirely-misplaced) encouragement. She leads the half-orc to her "room", which, of course, remains entirely undecorated (with a back "wall" facing the wilderness beyond entirely unprotected as well).

    She looks at her client/dinner with deadened eyes and says in an uninterested tone, "Well, here we are. How exciting."

    (OOC: Drew, do these guys leave weapons and armor at the door? Or is this guy not only currently clothed but also armed and armored?)



  20. #140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,764
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Damian starts walking, randomly at first but soon he learns what kinds of groups to start tailing, and he's always listening to what they say, learning whatever he can, peeking into the open doorways of the big tents as he walks past them. A lot of the guys here walk around in buddy-buddy packs of five to eight, loudly talking and laughing and playfully fighting each other, but there are plenty of other guys who are walking by themselves with more quiet purpose. Damian simply appears to be another one of those kind of guys, and as long as he keeps his head down and doesn't stop moving, he doesn't catch anyone's attention.

    He sees tents which turn out to be places to eat and others that are places to get arms and equipment. At one point he thought he was on the right track only to be led by the group he was following to a big tent where lots of gambling was going on, and many of the other structures after that just end up being simple housing for people or animals. It's taking too long, and he's starting to get anxiety, when he hears nearby voices on the other side of a tent wall start a conversation he's heard start the same way a few times before already...
    "I'm BORED, man."
    But the reply he hears next is unique. The first time he's heard anyone say anything like it so far...
    "Well, we ain't got no duties tonight. Let's hit up a spec tent. You want red, blue, or green?"
    Damian has no idea what any of that means, but it's a lead.
    "Oh, man," the first voice replies, excitement apparent now, "they're all good. I dunno, green? No, blue! Blue?"
    "Blue sounds good to me, man, I could go for some blue," says the second voice.
    They both start laughing and it sounds like maybe they high five a couple of times before they're up and heading toward their tent's exit.

    --------------------

    (OOC: What do you think this is, some kind of reputable establishment? He's clothed, armed, and armored.)

    "Ticket," the half-orc grunts, holding up a small piece of paper for Yeunni to see before setting it down on top of the dresser. She isn't sure what that's about, but it must be some kind of price-of-admission thing or something.

    You can just faintly hear the distant, muffled sounds of very loud, very enthusiastic coitus taking place in one of the other private rooms. Yeunni was pretty pure and chaste back when she was alive, and now that she's dead she couldn't be more disinterested in the sexual side of existence, and with all that going on with her, even she can tell that the elf girl in the other room is definitely faking it. The guy Ajax sounds like he's enjoying it, though. It appears to be heightening the half-orc's excitement, too.

    "I never seen snow-white skin like yours before," the half orc says, adjusting his codpiece. "Strip."

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •