Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 267

Thread: [IC] Act II - The Spider Farm

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Cal saddles his horse and helps load, then he makes sure he has a firm grip on the reins before Damian renders the horse invisible.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Damian looks around with a quick eye... finds a large horse blanket and holds it out to Gallant.

    "Cover your head and upper body and crouch down a bit... It's the best I can do."

    He looks with a practiced eye at Yuenni. He grabs some dirt and protesting or not he rubs it into her hair and to her cheeks, which gives some shading to her face - torch light will do the rest.... that and the armor she is now wearing... she will hardly look like one of those ladies in the pleasure tent.

    He looks at Cal and utters, "Grab one of the other blankets and do the same... you look too..... flashy."

    And for himself he is still in the "disguise" he fashioned for himself earlier.

    "We just need to move calmly. Keep Cal slightly behind us, with Gallant beside him, Yuenni and I in front, so that no one stumbles into the horse they can't see. I'll go see if the way is clear.... be ready to move."

    Last edited by Lycanthus; 10-15-2020 at 05:02 PM. Reason: to change wording per ooc
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  3. #243
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    using inspiration to try get a better Perception roll.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+5) (13) [18]
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  4. #244
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,128
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "They know me as a whore in a shift, not a warrior in armor," Yuenni returns. "Damian is right: we must go. Cal rides and is invisible. We walk and stop for nothing. If we are accosted and talking our way out of it doesn't work immediately, strike to kill and run for the trees. Cal stays with one of us, even if we split up. Meet back at the cart."

    A pause, then a frown, then finally, "Good luck to you all."

    Yuenni then follows Damian as quickly and quietly as she can.



  5. #245
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Cal pulls up the hood of his cloak, and doesn't look very flashy at all, His cloak is plain, his clothing perhaps a bit nicer than the brigands but nothing fancy, his boots sturdy and well-worn. After a moment's thought he slips the signet ring back into his pouch, but leaves the other ring on his finger, though he turns it so that the gemstone isn't visible. The cloak covers the insignia on his pouch.

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "He can't ride it... a floating man straddling apparently nothing will stick out like a sore thumb... no... "

    He chuckles at that image... it threatens to turn into a full *crying* laughter until he gets a grip on himself....

    "He needs to just lead the horse in a way that ensures no one stumbles into it. I don't plan on walking the camps pathway for long.... just long enough to hide any remaining tracks.... as soon as we can break away ... we will.... once we are in the forest I can stop the spell and he can ride then if he must."

    "Oh but yes... if we have to make a break and run... Yuenni stick to me, Cal, you stick to Gallant. Between the two of us we know the way back to the cart and Rolen."
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  7. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Gallant nods at Damian. He steps forwards and readies himself to move.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Whoever was blowing the whistle has stopped and, for the moment, there are absolutely no people at all in sight at the southern end of camp.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    *Now or never I guess.... * he thinks to himself.

    Hgives the signal to the others ... as he moves forth himself.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    It's very strange. Sure, everyone could have traveled over to the northern part of camp, what with the scream first and then the blowing of the whistle, to find out just what the hell is going on, but a total emptying of every person in the area? No stragglers at all? Everyone just suddenly gone? It doesn't feel right. Still, there isn't much choice, so the group sets out into the now quiet and empty travel lane at the far southern end of the hidden camp of the Goat Skull Clan.

    The crickets chirp loudly and the animals of the forest make their noises faintly in the distance, a reminder that this camp is an island in the middle of thick woods. The clopping of the invisible horse's hooves is much louder than anyone expected, if anyone even thought about it in advance at all, and something will need to be done about it before any people show up to hear it.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,128
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Yuenni hears the clopping...sees no great means of hiding it...so she clucks her tongue along with the rhythm of the clopping. Sure, it was annoying...but at least it wasn't a dead-giveaway like an invisible horse!



  12. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Damian frowns.... It was interesting keeping concentration on the Invis spell when he could hear a proverbial pin drop in this silence.... Yuenni's clucking only makes his nerves even more on edge.

    "Head for the crater edge... now.... I don't like this one bit" He whispers as he indicates to Yuenni, Gallant and Cal to take the nearest gap that would achieve that... for his part he is drawing a dagger and summoning his Scimitar to hand - convinced they are about to be jumped.

    His eyes darting around trying to work out where an attack will likely come from... whilst trying to figure out how they worked out where they were so fast.... unless that whistle was simply a *get to cover* command... instead of a warning one.... too many things to worry about and not enough time.... He swears under his breath in undercommon. They need to get to the forest... now!

    ***
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+10) (1) [11] about right - impossible to not stand out when you're the only ones in the damn street. lol.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+5) (12) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurvival - (1d20+5) (11) [16]
    Concentrating on Invisibility.
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 10-19-2020 at 07:59 PM.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  13. #253
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    A lone voice suddenly speaks from about twenty feet behind the party, slightly startling everyone.





  14. #254
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,128
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Yuenni's answer is instinctual, guttural and without thought: "...father?"



  15. #255
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Damian's hands and weapons had actually dropped slightly from his defensive stance... he was even turning with a puzzled look in Yuenni's direction...when she had spoken.

    It puzzles him further but somewhere deep inside his brain he knows something is not right.... still he can't help but whisper back to the voice he had heard....

    "Yuenni...?"
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  16. #256
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Gallant stops dead in his tracks. The fur on the back of his neck bristles and he whips his head around, searching for the source of the voice he just heard.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGallant Perception - (1d20+3) (7) [10]

  17. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Italy, Texas
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,746
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Turning around to look at the source of the voice, you realize that you are alone. Your allies have vanished, you have no idea how or when. Is the invisible horse even still here? If you grasp about in the air trying to feel for it, you never do. Only empty space. The voice's owner is there. Twenty feet away. Just looking at you.





  18. #258
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Gallant bristles. "What are you?" He stretches his hands, preparing his claws.

  19. #259
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,128
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "You always said that if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is," Yuenni replies to her father after a pause. "I believe I'll listen to those words then, not these ones now."



  20. #260
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,189
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Calanon feels the wound in his heart burst open, the stitches time had placed torn away by the vision before him. Vision... yes, it must be a vision, an illusion or hallucination of some kind. It cannot be... . No, that is not possible. It is some trick of magic, a spell of some sort, or perhaps an odd ability possessed by some creature; whatever its nature, it is an oddly effective countermeasure against unwanted visitors.

    The last year has taught Cal how to keep his impulses under control, and that newly-acquired self-discipline serves him well in this moment. Trembling from the effort of holding back, he takes a few breaths to steady himself before speaking. "No," he responds. "I cannot help you. I could not help you then, and I cannot help you now."

    ------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST


Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •