Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 242

Thread: Chapter 14.2: The Missing Halflings

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    An invisible Kalthanar quickly descends in the darkness. After several miles of cautious advancing, the hair on the back of his neck begins to prickle as he knows he draws near to where the double doors once stood.

    Over the thirty minute trip, Kalthanar cringes as he several times makes too much noise for his own comfort. He's sure that he's just overreacting to the long descent alone.

    At last he reaches the area in question. The area is still dark outside his dark vision, and he believes that he's probably 100 feet from where the door is, give or take a bit.

    OOC: please make 3 stealth rolls for the last segment, then any other rolls you wish to make.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Stealth Rolls

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+13) (10) [23] 30
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+13) (3) [16] 16
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+13) (2) [15] 17

    Kalthanar examines the present area for traps and tracks. He then listens at the door for any sound coming from within.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation Traps - (1d20+7) (14) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSurvival Tracks - (1d20+9) (12) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception Sound - (1d20+9) (19) [28]
    Last edited by Spellblade; 07-15-2020 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Stealth at Advantage

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Forgot Stealth is at Advantage.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+13) (17) [30]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+13) (1) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+13) (4) [17]

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    OOC: those are actually terrible advantaged stealth rolls given your modifier. If you weren't rolling +48 per roll, you'd have probably been heard.

    IC:
    Kalthanar quietly advances to the point that the double doors are visible. Just outside the double doors are two female guards with human torsos and heads, but large snake-like tails. They each carry scimitars by their side and are keeping watch on the closed door.

    Before when he was further inside the temple and closer to the altar, the shard of Nuitari has emitted a powerful magical field that was almost oppressive and tainting in nature. Now, just standing outside the doors made Kalthanar's skin crawl in a similar but different way than before. He vaguely recalled the hole in the ground and the uneasy feeling of dread that overcame him when he saw that. Whatever challenges lay within seemed more daunting than last time.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxjyu76upf...eturn.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 07-15-2020 at 03:42 PM.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Kalthanar tries to discern the nature of human-serpent creatures.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollArcana - (1d20+7) (16) [23]

    OOC: What are they? Yuan-ti?

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Kalthanar retreats back to his comrades and whispers to them, "Two human-serpent hybrids guard the door. There is also some kind of oppressive magical field in place."

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Kalthanar believes that they are similar to the cultists they fought earlier, but perhaps more powerful variants given the snake-like bodies.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Kalthanar's disembodied voice asks, "Should I ambush them? I could surprise them with a volley and then the rest of you charge forward at the sound of combat."

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,658
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Rian says, "I like that plan. Straight forward."

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16,892
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Vort replied, "Yeah, sure."

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Kalthanar returns back the way he came and creeps forward to within 60 feet of the serpent women to attack with his bow.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (2d20b1+13) (4, 4) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (2d20b1+13) (9, 12) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (2d20b1+13) (2, 19) [32]

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Before initiating combat Kalthanar drinks a vial of antitoxin to help deal with any potential poisons.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16,892
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Vort holds his shield, Shiela, in front of him to activate it's power.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16,892
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Remembering his mask, Vort slips the Mask of Cegilune on also.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,906
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Hrothgar thinks that swigging an anti-toxin is probably a good idea and swigs one himself.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  18. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The Sentinels begin the several mile trek in the crude cave that leads deep underground. After a short distance, Hrothgar and Brandon are both effectively blind without a light source. A light spell is quickly cast to avoid leading them for miles in a cavern in the dark.

    After about 20 minutes, the light source is snuffed and the pace is reduced to a crawl to accommodate the inferior human vision. It takes the group close to an hour to go the last half mile or so in a semi-quiet manner. Kalthanar calls a halt and quietly advances past the others, moving very quietly. He advances to the edge of his darkvision and finds the same 2 snake-people guards guarding the door.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception vs the DC15 check from Kal - (2d20b1-4) (10, 1) [6]

    OOC: Kal doesn't have invis, so the last roll is a 15, and the only one that they can possibly find you on.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Kalthanar reaches for an arrow and a green vine design wraps itself the shaft. He pulls the string of the bow back to his cheek and releases it at the serpent-women to the left.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGrasping Arrow Sharpshooter - (2d20b1+12-5) (11, 4) [18]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+16) (1) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGrasping Arrow Poison Damage - (2d6) (6, 3) [9]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (3d6) (4, 4, 3) [11]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSlashing Damage if Movement - (2d6) (1, 6) [7]

    When this arrow strikes grasping, poisonous brambles wrap around the target. Target’s speed is reduced by 10 feet and it takes 2d6 slashing damage the first time on each turn it moves 1 foot or move without teleporting. As an action target can remove the brambles with a successful Strength (Athletics) check vs DC 15 otherwise brambles last for 1 minute.

    OOC1: Rolling first arrow to see what happens before I roll the second.

    OOC2: This is the surprise round. After I shoot the rest of the group charges forward. We then roll individual initiative.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    14,293
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    As soon as the first arrow is released from the string Kalthanar grabs a second.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+12) (8) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (4) [10]

    OOC: Attacking same target.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •