Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 234

Thread: Chapter 14.2: The Missing Halflings

  1. #181

    Default

    Brandon uses his bonus action to convert 5 sorcery points into a 3rd level spell slot so he can cast Fireball centered on the visible snake man just west of the hallway.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFireball - (8d6) (1, 3, 3, 2, 6, 2, 6, 2) [25]

    OOC: I think that hits the Queen if she went into the northeast corner.

  2. #182

    Default

    HP 62 AC 19

    Kalthanar bats away the vines and climbs to his feet. The high elf moves back to the hallway and reaches for an arrow to finish off the only two targets that he can see.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSharpshooter - (1d20+12-5) (12) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+16) (2) [18]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSharpshooter2 - (1d20+12-6) (19) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+14) (6) [20]

    Action: Kalthanar shoots the enemy in cell 2744. If he is down then attack the enemy in cell 3645. Then move to cell 4443 to get the benefit of Rian's aura with bonus action.

    Reaction: Uncanny Dodge or Absorb Elements.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,903
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Rian drops thanks to the Vines, Hrothgar hears nothing so fearing the worst, he peeks hoping like hell its not to stare straight into the eyes of the Medusa.

    However seeing she is not there... he instead moves so as to not have line of sight of the hallway. And waits. Letting the Ranged attacks do their damage.... before melee is enforced.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  4. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,774
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Round 17


    Vortigern reaches over and places another Sanctuary prayer upon Rian.


    Brandon channels some if his innate sorcery to into a magical spell and recovers the ability to recast a fireball spell. He does so, stepping forward and casting fireball centered on the visible snake man just west of the hallway. The explosion rocks the underworld, catching the visible target. Brandon can hear the inhuman hiss from the Queen of Scales as well.


    Kalthanar bats away the vines and climbs to his feet. The high elf moves back to the hallway and reaches for an arrow to finish off the only two targets that he can see. His first shot kills the closest snake man, and his second shot imbeds itself in the snake man near the back of the room.


    Rian drops thanks to the Vines, Hrothgar hears nothing so fearing the worst, he peeks hoping like hell its not to stare straight into the eyes of the Medusa. However seeing she is not there... he instead moves so as to not have line of sight of the hallway. And waits. Letting the Ranged attacks do their damage.... before melee is enforced.


    The Queen hisses some more commands and the weakened Rian notes the twisted halfling again avances and tries to overcome the sanctuary spell yet again. The priest again manages to overcome sanctuary, dispelling it. The mutated halfling calls something out to his colleagues who begin to appear and target Rian. The wounded snake man scores a well placed hit with an arrow through the gaps in Rian's leg armor. Rian notes that the priest disappears to the north, out of view, while the snake man disappears to the south out of sight.


    The vines continue to writhe and harrass the group, but less so than before. All feel their pull, but it is less intense than previously. The smoke hanging in the air is probably evidence that Brandon's fireball was likely more deadly than an ice storm to the thick vine roots.

    Rian and Brandon believe that there are a total of five enemies left, including the Queen herself based on their brief entry to the room. Where they are though, isn't clear.


    Queen: -?? HP
    Snake man near door: dead
    Snake man (2548) -31 HP
    Snake (2743) -20 HP
    Snake woman (3842) dead.
    Rian 42/84 HP; and 1 level of dread, which is suppressed. Needs to make a DC 14 STR save at advantage or fall and take D6 damage.
    Hrothgar’s hound: departed.
    Brandon: -17 HP; 1 level of dread. Needs to make a DC 14 STR save at advantage or fall and take D6 damage.
    Kal 62 HP; 1 level of dread; 1 level of exhaustion. Regening 4 HP/round. Needs to make a DC 14 STR save at advantage or fall and take D6 damage.
    Hrothgar: 97 HP remaining. Bless active. Needs to make a DC 14 STR save at advantage or fall and take D6 damage. If you can't fail this, don't roll it.
    Vort: -5 HP. Bless active in round 12. Needs to make a DC 13 STR save at advantage or fall and take D6 damage.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/mu5z6nxxee...%2017.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 09-26-2020 at 07:21 PM.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,654
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Rian backs up out of the way so that the magic wielders can make the next move.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,654
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Rian moves directly behind Hrothgar so that his companions remain under the aura of his protection.

  7. #187

    Default

    Kalthanar moves back into the hallway and instead of raising his bow thrusts his palm toward the vines releasing a bolt of flame.

    Action: Cast fire bolt at the vines. Move back to original position.

    Reaction: Uncanny Dodge or Absorb Elements.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFire Bolt - (1d20+7) (15) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d10) (10, 1) [11]

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16,879
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Vort follows suit as he sidesteps into the opening of the passage and targets the same vine Kal had and then stepped back where he was.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSacred Fire - (2d8) [7]

  9. #189

    Default

    Brandon actually smiles at his friends' magic. It was... it was good. Solinari's gifts shared among his friends. Time to share, he thinks. With a word and practiced gesture, he summons his most powerful fireball to date. Drawing on his gift harder than ever before, he upcasts the spell using a fifth-level slot. As he forms the spell, he conjures the hideous visage of the Queen of Scales in his mind as he whispers a word to the Weave and alters his spell using metamagic. He heightens the spell's potency against the Queen, making it harder for her to avoid its sweet kiss.

    OOC: Targeting the same area I did before so that it catches the northeast corner and the vines as much as possible.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFire Damage - (10d6) (6, 6, 3, 1, 2, 5, 1, 5, 1, 3) [33] DC 15 Dex Save for half damage, unless your name is the Queen of Scales, in which case its DC 18 Dex Save. Bitch is lucky I didn't get to stick her with my Blade of the True Blood too, or it would be DC 20... I need to name it... Blade of the True Blood is a mouthful.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,774
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Round 18 partial

    Rian backs up out of the way so that the magic wielders can make the next move. He stops directly behind Hrothgar. Rian moves directly behind Hrothgar so that his companions remain under the aura of his protection.

    Kalthanar moves back into the hallway. He looks down the narrow passage and can only see one thick root base that descends below from his vantage point. Instead of raising his bow thrusts his palm toward the vines releasing a bolt of flame. The bolt connects solidly with the vine root. The Sentinels note that most of the vine movement has stopped underneath their feet, however the exits are still heavily restricted until cleared.

    As soon as Kalthanar returns to his position, the group hears something large begin moving down the narrow corridor.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/27qvolsbs6...rtial.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-02-2020 at 12:40 PM.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16,879
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    It's HER, Vort thinks to himself. Thinking quickly, since he wasn't wearing his trademark red/orange/yellow thinking cap, without moving Vort prayed for a divine guardian to protect them. Immediately a spectral gleaming sword and shield emblazoned with the symbol of Reorx appeared.

    ooc: cast Guardian of Faith on 4344. No one hostile can move past it and it can't be damaged, it has to do damage before it fades. See spell description:

    A Large Spectral Guardian appears and hovers for the Duration in an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within range. The Guardian occupies that space and is indistinct except for a gleaming sword and Shield emblazoned with the Symbol of your deity.

    Any creature Hostile to you that moves to a space within 10 feet of the Guardian for the first time on a turn must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw. The creature takes 20 radiant damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The Guardian vanishes when it has dealt a total of 60 damage.

    Queen of Scales should be within 10' of it, so she needs to make a DC18 Dex save for half damage.
    Last edited by Luopo; 10-02-2020 at 02:01 PM.

  12. #192

    Default

    Brandon trips on the grasping vines and has to call upon his divine destiny to overcome the Queen's hideous gaze. "She's coming this way," he says to Hrothgar after scrambling back to his feet. As he departs, he adds: "Get ready!" The sorcerer retreats back behind Rian (move to 4744), taking cover behind him before casting a spell he had never cast before. As he does so, he whispers a word to the Weave and makes it even harder for the Queen to avoid the spell's effect. A tendril of inky darkness reaches out from Brandon, passing by the Guardian of Faith and touching the Queen to drain life from her.

    OOC: DC 18 Dexterity saving throw. On a successful save, the target takes Authentic Forum Dice-rollnecrotic damage - (2d8) (3, 2) [5] , and the spell ends. On a failed save, the target takes Authentic Forum Dice-rollnecrotic damage - (4d8) (8, 1, 4, 7) [20] , and until the spell ends, you can use your action on each of your turns to automatically deal 4d8 necrotic damage to the target. The spell ends if you use your action to do anything else, if the target is ever outside the spell’s range (60 feet), or if the target has total cover from you. Whenever the spell deals damage to a target, you regain hit points equal to half the amount of necrotic damage the target takes.
    Last edited by Hideous; 10-07-2020 at 09:07 AM.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,903
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Hrothgar 97/149* (Blessed / Anti-toxin / 2/3 Rages - (AS & SW used))

    Hrothgar averts his eyes and psychs himself into a rage and readies an attack using the long reach of the glaive.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollTo hit - readied attack - (2d20w1+1d4+9) (15, 6) (1) [16] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d10r2+7) (9) [16]

    ****

    *He will bite the inside of his cheek or whatever is the agreed method to keeping his rage going at this point as well*
    With Rian in range and Bless Hrothgar can make dc 14 for the vine checks automatically
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  14. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,774
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Round 18

    Rian backs up out of the way so that the magic wielders can make the next move. He stops directly behind Hrothgar. Rian moves directly behind Hrothgar so that his companions remain under the aura of his protection.

    Kalthanar moves back into the hallway. He looks down the narrow passage and can only see one thick root base that descends below from his vantage point. Instead of raising his bow thrusts his palm toward the vines releasing a bolt of flame. The bolt connects solidly with the vine root. The Sentinels note that most of the vine movement has stopped underneath their feet, however the exits are still heavily restricted until cleared.

    As soon as Kalthanar returns to his position, the group hears something large begin moving down the narrow corridor.

    It's HER, Vort thinks to himself. Thinking quickly, since he wasn't wearing his trademark red/orange/yellow thinking cap, without moving Vort prayed for a divine guardian to protect them. Immediately a spectral gleaming sword and shield emblazoned with the symbol of Reorx appeared to block the hallway. A menacing hiss is heard from down the hallway.

    Brandon almost trips on the grasping vines, but catches himself. He meets the Queen’s gaze briefly. Brandon notes that she is different than the first time that they fought: both larger and more menacing than before. Her skin glistens with a dull black hue that he finds oddly familiar, but cannot quickly place. He is briefly transfixed at the sight of her and has to call upon his divine destiny to overcome the Queen's hideous gaze. "She's coming this way," he says to Hrothgar after scrambling back to his feet. As he departs, he adds: "Get ready!" The sorcerer retreats back behind Rian, taking cover behind him before casting a spell he had never cast before. As he does so, he whispers a word to the Weave and makes it even harder for the Queen to avoid the spell's effect. A tendril of inky darkness reaches out from Brandon, passing by the Guardian of Faith and reaches for the Queen. At first it appears to grasp her, but at the last second, the Queen shrugs it off. Brandon realizes that the spell was resisted somehow, probably due to the sheer will of the demi-goddess.

    The Queen hisses at the guardian and Brandon notes that she retreats back down the tunnel out of sight, but not before she takes some damage from Vortigern’s guardian of faith.

    She calls out to her minions in some strange twisted tongue. Vortigern is trying to puzzle out what she just said when one of the man-snakes advances and literally throws himself at the guardian, making no attempt to avoid the damage.

    The twisted halfling can be heard chanting something that Vortigern recognizes as a healing word.

    The mostly snake creature appears again and takes a shot at Hrothgar through his comrade. Hrothgar is trying to avert his eyes and never sees the well placed arrow which grazes his shoulder. He poison causes him to wince on an otherwise glancing blow. The snake-man retreats out of sight again leaving only the one enemy in the hallway visible to the group.

    The vines twist beneath the Sentinel's feet but do not present a significant threat this second.

    OOC:

    Queen: -?? HP
    Snake man 1: -31 HP
    Man-snake 2: -40 HP
    Man-snake 3: full HP
    Priest: full HP
    Rian 42/84 HP; and 1 level of dread, which is suppressed.
    Hrothgar’s hound: departed.
    Brandon: -17 HP; 1 level of dread.
    Kal 66 HP; 1 level of dread; 1 level of exhaustion. Regening 4 HP/round. Hrothgar: 75 HP remaining. Bless active.
    Vort: -5 HP. Bless active in round 12.
    Hrothgar: 82 HP remaining. Bless active. Raging.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sq4a9cjhhj...%2018.BMP?dl=0
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-09-2020 at 08:11 PM.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,903
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Hrothgar - AC 18 - Raging (continued rage) / Blessed / Anti-Toxin *lol why bother with it* (rages remaining 1/3 AS&SW used).

    Hrothgar backs away... he is sick of being pin-cushioned for nothing.

    He moves to 4542

    and rummages through his pack - swearing when he discovers he is out of healing potions.

    "I need a healing pot" He mutters sounding rather angry about it... which makes sense as his rage is still burning... as is his frustration.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  16. #196

    Default

    Kalthanar keeps low to the ground moving around his comrades to attack with surprise.

    OOC: Bonus action stealth. Attack and then return to original cell.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+13) (10) [23]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSharpshooter - (2d20b1+12-5) (2, 20) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+16) (7) [23]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSneak Attack Damage - (3d6) (1, 4, 1) [6]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+12) (9) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) (3) [9]

    Kalthanar then taunts the Queen of Scales in an attempt to get her to return to the fray, "Syndra! This is your one chance to destroy me. I am coming for your brother next!"

    Reaction – Uncanny Dodge/Absorb Elements: When an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack’s damage against you. As an alternative if I am struck by elemental damage resulting from a saving throw cast Absorb Elements.

  17. #197

    Default

    Critical Damage

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCritical Damage - (1d8) (1) [1]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollCritical Sneak Attack Damage - (3d6) (3, 3, 3) [9]

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    16,879
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Vort chimes too Hrothgar, "100gp if you drink it, this one here is extra special." Vort then moves and hands the barbarian a potion of greater healing, and then moves back to his previous position.

    ooc: greater healing potion is 4d4+4

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Palmerston North, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,903
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGHP - (4d4+4) (1, 4, 2, 3) [14] (assuming I can drink it now... if not apply when I can drink it.
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.





  20. #200
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,654
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Rian watches and waits for a chance to surprise the queen of scales with an attack. For now he waits.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •