Thread: Academy Games: One-shots for newish players (but occasionally welcoming vets as well)

Default Academy Games: One-shots for newish players (but occasionally welcoming vets as well)

If any GMs want to run a short adventure for players to test out their PbP skills, this is the spot to do it!

cailano is offline PbP Lvl.2 - reached 300 posts (Next Lvl.@ 900 posts)

How would it work, Raist?

Good question. I don't have all the answers - heck, I don't have most of 'em - but I'm hopeful that this area can become a hub (a Tavern, if you will) for folks to find one-shot adventures. If players meet up here, discuss currently experience and knowledge level of systems (most likely 5th edition DnD and Pathfinder, if we're being honest) and decide to play together, it ought to be a hop, skip and a jump to a forum and getting started.

I'm also hoping to see a rotating group of veteran GMs be willing to be a part of this, Cai, of course. I know you and I have talked about it, so I know at least two people on board. I'm hoping that if you and I, along with any other GMs interested and willing, post our intent and willingness to do some one-shots for new-to-the-forum or new-to-the-medium-itself players...and it'll come together.

That may be wishful thinking, of course, but in my experience, when it comes to PbP, there's always - always - a need for more GMs and more games to be run. I'm taking a real Field of Dreams approach to this whole thing, as any English teacher with no web design experience might be wont to do. haha

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

If it's short, one-shot adventures we may not need to set-up a new forum for each game....
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”

Very true, Sober. Maybe just a couple Academy-centric forums that just rotate players, GMs and games as we go would work just fine.

Somewhere between reality and my own fantasy

Some of us have areas we could just add a game thread to for long enough to run a intro game. Actually I might still have enough from the last time to re-run my intro game from the previous academy.
    "Behold I have become Death, Destroyer of worlds."
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Basic Rules, Altered by me
    Disclaimer: [Your DM, TTW and] Wizards of the Coast [are] not responsible for the consequences of splitting up the party, opening hidden coffins, shaking up or mixing unfinished alchemical potions, throwing a stick past a werewolf and yelling "Fetch!", angering a dragon of any variety, or saying yes when the DM asks, “Are you really sure?”