Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: Chapter 13: OOC

it's poorly worded, but since it doesn't say they are instantly petrified, only affected, I'd say it's worded so they have to make a save--since there are two levels of effectiveness, that they cannot look away or close their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    Luck was clearly part of it. I think every attack against her this round hit to get you to 200 damage. Had one missed, she would still be up. If she was still up, it is highly likely that at least one of you was going down. You still would have come out on top, but it would have been a lot closer. My assessment at least.

The "look at me" mythical action is one that I'm not sure that I did right. I'm not sure it's supposed to get a save. I'm interested if others look at it and giving their thoughts on whether it's supposed to get a save or not.

Default Chapter 13: OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Luopo View Post
    it's poorly worded, but since it doesn't say they are instantly petrified, only affected, I'd say it's worded so they have to make a save--since there are two levels of effectiveness, that they cannot look away or close their eyes.
    That is how I read it. What made me pause was the use of all 3 legendary actions, which makes me think it is insta-stone on one target.

I agree it is poorly worded. I gave Kal a save.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by zebsen; 10-21-2020 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen View Post
    That is how I read it. What made me pause was the use of all 3 legendary actions, which makes me think it is insta-stone on one target.

I agree it is poorly worded. I gave Kal a save.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
    I read it the same way. It forces the target to make the save, not instant petrification without a save. If you fail by 5 or more, it is still instant petrification, but you get a chance to save.

Also, I just google'd Hythonia and there is some sweet artwork including this:

Last edited by Hideous; 10-21-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    I read it the same way. It forces the target to make the save, not instant petrification without a save. If you fail by 5 or more, it is still instant petrification, but you get a chance to save.

Also, I just google'd Hythonia and there is some sweet artwork including this:

I am not big into mythology. I had never heard of Hythonia. Of all the monsters that 5e has designed, I think she is one of my favorite. The legendary action movement makes her far more than a normal medusa that can simply be outflanked. The "look at me" is a way to force a petrification save for those that are too shy to look at her, so the threat can't be completely eliminated. I love the artwork that I found online for her and everything. Of course, Queen of Scales, is more apt in this world.

Regardless, now you have to decide if you're giving chase to the last snakeman, dealing with the halfling or just regrouping.

If you're going after him, who is doing it? To the best of your knowledge, he isn't injured.

We need some healing first. Actually have Rocky go smash them to pulp. No risk to us and he is immune to poison.

To be clear, the Sentinels are grouped in the room with the door that leads to the Underdark. The attack came from the south.

You're going to figure this out soon, but there is a secret passage between the room that the Queen came out of and the original room where you fought the naga. So the lone snakeman can either retreat to the surface or to the snake pit/harp room area. Unless there is something hidden that you haven't found, he's not going back to the underdark without going through you.

We found the secret passage before. I went back and read the old turns I was just struggling from the narrative where the underdark passage was.

Quote Originally Posted by zebsen;[URL="tel:1316787"
    1316787[/URL]]To be clear, the Sentinels are grouped in the room with the door that leads to the Underdark. The attack came from the south.

You're going to figure this out soon, but there is a secret passage between the room that the Queen came out of and the original room where you fought the naga. So the lone snakeman can either retreat to the surface or to the snake pit/harp room area. Unless there is something hidden that you haven't found, he's not going back to the underdark without going through you.

Heads up - I am away for the long weekend here. I will try to post when I can.

apologies for any delays.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

I might add that Kalthanar is at disadvantage for tracking right now.

I am really impressed in re-reading the turns how much foreshadowing there is. When the group was coming back from Gavant we experienced an earthquake but had no idea why. I am guessing that was related to the Queen of Scales and those giant holes.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950