Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWEST OOC Planner/Discussion Thread for Players

NEWEST OOC Planner/Discussion Thread for Players

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hero points.

It is the start of Chapter Four.

As discussed previously (VERY OLD planner post), any un-used hero points are lost. Everybody starts now with two hero points.

Hero Points: Every month each player gets 2 Hero Points.

There is now a maximum of 6 to how many Hero Points you can have at one time. (Any un-spent points are lost.)

You may spend only one Hero Point at a time.

Each Hero Point spent gives you an instant re-roll WITH A +8 to the roll, and you
    take the better result of the two (instead of being stuck with the second roll, as the original rules state).

If you have 2 (or more) Hero Points you may spend 2 of them to immediately cheat death.

That means avoiding the HP loss (or other effect) that would kill you and instead becoming STABILIZED at -8 HP. (You may also use this effect to spare the life of your own companion creature.)
    In order to make Hero Points work in a PbP game (where we lose the spontaneity of tabletop playing), you may use a Hero Point to reroll a saving throw OR an Ability Check with a +8 AFTER the result has been declared by the GM. (This represents a heroic effort to succeed.)

But if you wish to use a Hero Point to reroll an attack roll or Skill Check roll with a +8, however, you must do so immediately, BEFORE the GM reveals the result.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-21-2020 at 06:50 PM.

@JB: I need a little clarification. Is your character moving up to the door, since that is a "touch" spell and your PC would have to be right beside your target? Or do you have some way of extending the spell's reach to farther away than 5 feet?

Just added clarification of my own to the thread.

Ashlan said she expected trouble and thought someone might force their way in, and shut the door behind her.

Basically your characters have about TWO ROUNDS before something happens. So you can get a defense ready or a weapon or something, but you don't have time for a lot of Standard actions (item activation, spell activation, etc).

Each ROUND is only ONE Standard action and ONE Move(ment) action. If you have a handy haversack (and you all do), then drawing an item (that is not a weapon) is a Move action.

You ALL have Quick Draw to make my life easier, so you can ALL draw a weapon or two on your turn (or before an encounter starts) without using even so much as a Move or Swift action to do it.

(A Swift action is slightly shorter than a Move action and most characters don't get them at all. An item or spell or class ability or Feat will call out whether something gets to be a Swift action. It's rare.)

Edit: clarification, if you have a companion creature like a familiar, then your familiar also gets its own Standard and Move action.

EDIT: I am working on a combat mat now...haven't posted it yet...
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-21-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magrat4 View Post
    @JB: I need a little clarification. Is your character moving up to the door, since that is a "touch" spell and your PC would have to be right beside your target? Or do you have some way of extending the spell's reach to farther away than 5 feet?
    Forgot I'm standing by the gate, not the door. Doh! I stand to the side of the door, ready to smack any enemy that comes in.

With that post about Siri I think it confirms that Ulvenn should probably prioritize that above just about anything else. But we can cross that bridge after some drow (I'm assuming could be anything ) are dead.

@JB: I PMd you about Spell Resistance? But I was dumb and forgot you took Spell Penetration? So it will be d20+10 and not what I said before, sorry. If you could just roll that every time? It will save me time. Sorry.

Grayson Tagger is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

Note that Flint's action happened to invalidate Ulvenn's previous prepared action so I modified it somewhat.

(I did roll, it was random, and I feel it was a fair reaction... Feel free to disagree with me and I'll adjust accordingly... (Note this might be a great time for Flint to try and barter for that lantern of auras))

Grayson Tagger is online now PbP Lvl.4 - reached 2,700 posts (Next Lvl.@ 6,500 posts)

lol, I forgot that we were about to start combat, don't worry, flint will give the wand right back :P

You could also just use your action to UMD use for haste

You're as good (or at least almost as good) as Ulvenn at it

don't we have credit from the serenites to get our weapons enchanted again?

Grayson, don't forget to post where you are on the map

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    don't we have credit from the serenites to get our weapons enchanted again?

I think not. The Sarenrites gave you each a splendent pendant magic amulet made from dragon scales and the ultra rare sunstones. Here is how that item works again:

This silver amulet contains an extremely rare amber sunstone gem plated with crystal dragon scales. To its wearer alone it seems to glow softly from within, but it does NOT shed actual light visible to others.

This items provides a +3 enhancement natural armor bonus (which stacks with inherent natural armor, but not with other enhancements like the barkskin spell).

In addition, two times per day as a Standard Action the wearer can aim the gemstone at a foe within 200 feet and cast a Maximized searing light spell using the activation phrase "The Everlight is with us!" (That is **40 radiant damage if you succeed at a ranged touch attack (no Saving Throw, but for Spell Resistance you must roll d20+10.)

(**A construct would take only 30 radiant, an undead would take 60 radiant, and an undead vulnerable to bright light would take 80 radiant)

@GT: Perhaps you are thinking of the silver badge of the Shin'Rakorath from Kwava the elf, which entitles Flint and Ulvenn EACH to one mithral item from an elven smith? That is the only "credit" you have to spend.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-22-2020 at 05:27 AM.

@JB: not only did I forget to ask you to roll Peasblossom's ranged attack roll for the ring (and the Combat Manuever Bull Rush that goes with it), and the damage (which depends on how many charges are spent...1d6 for one, 2d6 for two, 3d6 for three)...

I also forgot to ask you to roll the stricken heart spell damage. SO here that is: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d6) [8]

I went ahead in the MAIN THREAD and rolled Peasblossom's necessary attack rolls...
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-22-2020 at 03:59 AM.

@JB: Okay, I also forgot about Peasblossom's item SR. My bad. She missed, but just for practice. Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+10) [30]
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-22-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Players can post now, Round 1.

Too all my fellow players:

It has been a LONG time since I've done the math for these things. It is going to take me some time to get the hang of what numbers to add together when. I will do my very best, and know that I'll correct my posts as soon as I can. If you notice I did something wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me, I know I need help.

Thank you for your patience!

JB

@JB: I still need such support too, nobody gets its perfect! I am grateful you were willing to jump in "in the deep end" of higher level play and so late in the story.

For what it's worth, you are making strong choices having a positive impact for your team in gameplay, and it's even more obvious to me from behind the scenes.

Dragon failed its Reflex save in GRT, so that's 22 damage.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-22-2020 at 02:23 PM.

I think not. The Sarenrites gave you each a splendent pendant magic amulet made from dragon scales and the ultra rare sunstones. Here is how that item works again:

This silver amulet contains an extremely rare amber sunstone gem plated with crystal dragon scales. To its wearer alone it seems to glow softly from within, but it does NOT shed actual light visible to others.

This items provides a +3 enhancement natural armor bonus (which stacks with inherent natural armor, but not with other enhancements like the barkskin spell).

In addition, two times per day as a Standard Action the wearer can aim the gemstone at a foe within 200 feet and cast a Maximized searing light spell using the activation phrase "The Everlight is with us!" (That is **40 radiant damage if you succeed at a ranged touch attack (no Saving Throw, but for Spell Resistance you must roll d20+10.)

(**A construct would take only 30 radiant, an undead would take 60 radiant, and an undead vulnerable to bright light would take 80 radiant)

@GT: Perhaps you are thinking of the silver badge of the Shin'Rakorath from Kwava the elf, which entitles Flint and Ulvenn EACH to one mithral item from an elven smith? That is the only "credit" you have to spend.
    who knows :P I was probably thinking about the sailor moon necklaces, and yeah, I wanted to negotiate having them reforge silver tongue to save ulvenn some time

Too all my fellow players:

It has been a LONG time since I've done the math for these things. It is going to take me some time to get the hang of what numbers to add together when. I will do my very best, and know that I'll correct my posts as soon as I can. If you notice I did something wrong, please don't hesitate to tell me, I know I need help.

Thank you for your patience!

JB
    you are good bro! there is a learning curve, and we all make mistakes! feel free to ask questions, M4 is an amazing dm and will answer almost anything you are curious about, and if he doesn't know then Z and I are total nerds too

I just wanna mention that flint is my intellectual property and if anyone is going to novelize him, its gonna be me
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 03-22-2020 at 04:40 PM.

whoops my bad, I forgot that shade had seen the poster, I guess this is going to lead to an awkward conversation

Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast