Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWEST OOC Planner/Discussion Thread for Players

HOUSE RULE: magical weapons (or clothing, rings, etc.) re-size to the wielder

I honestly forget how the rules handle it so let's assume this has to be a House Rule.

Maybe it only came up when Peasblossom got a Medium dwarf's ring and it re-sized for her.
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-21-2020 at 01:09 PM.

So...rolling Climb Check for Flint...

(he has +22, maybe that's why you didn't roll it?)

(a low roll would be bad though)

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20) [9] , well, you're good.
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-23-2020 at 01:08 AM.

Round 9---which is the final round where the heroes are blinking (except Peasblossom, who stopped blinking at the end of last round) --- is ready for players to post.

I assume this will come up, so fair warning, two of you are not in a position to 5-foot step...

Another player may be joining us this month or next with a new cleric PC, and popping onto our Planner shortly!
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-24-2020 at 01:33 AM.

I need this roll now, it was discussed via messages, so GM is just going to do it and call it a night after updating the round...

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+16) [29] Shade's heroic reroll to dispel tentacles

That dog will hunt. They're gone.
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-24-2020 at 01:34 AM.

Whoops, also need Combat Manuever from ring of the ram/Scruff: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20) [1] Well...nope. (Wouldn't make a big difference anyway, she was in a corner.)
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-24-2020 at 03:20 AM.

@everyone: Full disclosure, I never know what I am going to do in a round until I'm doing it.

I never planned what just happened, I never tried to influence events to make it possible

Had no idea it was even an option until the opportunity was there, and the hag was in the position she was and needed the xill's help to salvage her rapidly declining health.

Also... I am not trying to be frustrating, nor trying to punish the heroes' choices per se, small reminder here...I am just trying to make the NPCs put up the best fight their talents and inclinations allow, in their single-minded pursuit for their survival and for the furtherance of whatever other goals they have besides survival. (Defensive much? Too much? Maybe a little.)

With all those caveats, Round 10 is ready for heroes. None of the heroes are blinking anymore.

--Bugmom #3 xill is Material;

--Bugmom #1 is MOSTLY Ethereal now (50% miss chance);

--Marshal/Bugmom #2 is Ethereal AND not in this room, because she's hovering near the ceiling (still unconscious) of the cellar beneath the kitchen floor;

--the bad news is the hag is Ethereal again, and spoiler alert, she took the blink wand with her.
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-24-2020 at 03:47 AM.

For what it's worth, I was in a D&D fight kind of like this once?

Gnome caster kept going invisible. Party kept throwing flour on him and trying to attack him once they could see his outline. He kept going invisible. More flour.

Over and over and over.

In the end the party caught him and put him in jail...but a few days later (when no PCs were around of course), he broke out of jail with the aid of some powerful ally of his riding a dragon who totally destroyed the prison roof.

What I can say is that nobody will be breaking any enemy out of prison, or using raise dead on them, however this encounter ends...

(Sure, two humans got out of the Harmony prison---Vanya, whom you recaptured, and Sir Charles Owensby, whom you didn't---but not the "boss" villain you captured. Frek almost got out but Flint stopped him...you get what I'm saying I think.)

when I post I'll include the Hag's position.

@Shade do you have any more dispel magic spells left? if we can kick the hag out of etherealness we can get 1 more chance to stop her without shenanigans. If not do you have any abjuration spells that could stop her or slow her down?

I might be able to use the echo rod to use dispel again. But I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better if we passed around the Gruff ring? It resizes since it's magic, and Scruff is a force spell, so he should hit. And Shade can see the hag, as can Ulvenn, so they can point her out to guide everyone else?

XD oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Just passing this ring back and forth and launching force blasts at her. I'm not sure if the action economy supports it though, at least for those who already have 2 rings.

@JB: Unfortunately Shade has now used the echoing spell rod the maximum 3/day. It's a consequence of three encounters in one day without rest, and that's my doing...though to be clear I wasn't 100% certain there'd be a third full-blown combat.
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-25-2020 at 12:19 AM.

I will say I noticed we've been in tons of combat with no chance for a rest long enough to regain spells. Perhaps after this one we could wrap up and start again "tomorrow?"

Hi guys I'm keldree, just letting you know I'm here now. I'm still finishing my character but I look forward to introducing you to a cleric of Sarenrae named Deseriae. Thanks for letting me join your game!

Full disclosure I haven't played much Pathfinder before, and in all rpg I've usually been in low level groups that had tactics of "let's hit them until they stop moving and um, try to not die in the process!" I think at this level things are a little more complicated than that, so I'm super excited to learn from you all! To help me be at my best for you guys though, I'll be sure to be checking here often to try to get an idea of what your characters can/intend to do in a situation.

Is there a thread you guys shared sheets with each other for this game? If so I can try to post mine there when it's finished (hopefully in the next few days)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    XD oh my gosh, that's hilarious! Just passing this ring back and forth and launching force blasts at her. I'm not sure if the action economy supports it though, at least for those who already have 2 rings.

Actually I think it could have worked?

Okay, so the action economy will allow characters to "remove" a ring as a Swift action so they can don the ring of the ram. (It would be a Move action to transfer a ring from one finger (yours) to another (your ally)...)

And your companions (Jack, Syriaax, Bizbee, etc.) could use Move actions and Swift actions (and perhaps Standard actions too) for "passing" the rings to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by keldree View Post

Is there a thread you guys shared sheets with each other for this game? If so I can try to post mine there when it's finished (hopefully in the next few days)

Yes! The Character Sheet thread is here, labeled "Our Heroes" : https://www.thetangledweb.net/forums...racter-Sheets)

You may add Deseriae there when you are ready to post the Myth-Weavers link, along with a paragraph or two (or more) of background (see other players' posts in that sub-thread for excellent examples) for an introduction.

Good to have you!

(And I'm sure we'll will all learn from each other, there is enough going on in Pathfinder that nobody without an eidetic memory gets everything right 100% of the time; and of course creativity and strategy are always up for discussion. Teamwork is at its finest when people can plan their turns to compliment each other.)
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-25-2020 at 02:59 AM.

@everyone: Disclosure, chances are not looking good that I will update in-game thread today. Maybe Monday.

I will be around the internet a little bit though, and hopefully fixing certain teensy mistakes I made about what is possible when one is on the Ethereal Plane (my bad).

Everyone have a great Sunday!
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-25-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Welcome Keldree! It will be such a boon to have another caster in the group!

@JB: I wanted to apologize that I didn't elucidate Ulvenn's plan at all. Basically, before this fight began Ulvenn 'helped' capture Niratap the dragon and then had Genevieve send Golems this way in case we needed them. It was poor teamwork on my part to just leave Shade and Peablossom without explanation, but I figured it was our best option since they can make force walls that can trap even an ethereal hag. However, I should've tried to explain a little better in character, although that gets tricky even with a simple rhyme pattern but if I'm going to commit to a rhyme pattern I should be sure to make sure that doesn't pull away from our team.

@zeros

Out of game, I'm totes cool

Shade, of course, has no idea what's going on, so to her it seems like Ulvenn and Flint bolted. However, I'm not one to ruin in game dynamics on a technicality, so as soon as they meet up again and Shade understands what they were doing, she'll get over it quick