Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWEST OOC Planner/Discussion Thread for Players

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    Just want to clarify something about the combat map. Niratap is near what looks like a structure (A1-2 and B1-2) but it has a little projection between C1 and C2. Is that projection solid stone or more like a sign or something? (Basically, could you pass through it?)

((Should also clarify, is it possible to freely pass between A1-2 and B1-2 or is it actually a structure like I'm assuming?))

Whoops. I didn't think to describe the surrounding area with any specificity even after I posted the mat, but here it is.

Next to Fellichi's shop (that being one of the FEW permanent and solid stone (or wood) buildings in this marketplace) is set up a kind of food stall space. Currently there's no active vendors there.

The overall structure of this food stall space is pretty flimsy because it's all temporary and mobile. There's a carpet with tiles sewn to it to create a floor that's easy to sweep. In the front (A-2 and B-2) are some display tables with raised edges for wares, and opposite them in the back are ovens and shelving and basins other pantry/cooking facility staples in the back, a stack of wood folding chairs, a push broom and dustpan, etc.

The side and back "walls" and the awning that fills up A-1 and B-1 are made of tent canvas type material held up by wooden posts and stakes and whatnot. So I suppose you can "pass through" if you brush aside the flaps of canvas.

That line from C-1 to C-2 represents a long thick wooden table where customers can pull up a chair and dine.

That solid colored mass between B-3 and C-3 is a stack of 3 barrels on their sides roped together into a 'pyramid.'

Last edited by magrat4; 09-15-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Friggin not my day for rolls lol

Authentic Forum Dice-rollTrip: Heroic Reroll - (1d20+21+3+2+8) (11) [45]

Both scenes updated.

Hit a bit of a snag with Ulvenn's scene, didn't know what the dragon was going to do until he did it and now I'm not sure what Ulvenn's AOO response (assuming there is one) will be...

I rolled a decent attack (12 on die) in GRT, just not sure how to apply it.

So we might be stuck in Round Two a little longer, but the update is complete.
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-18-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Yeah, lets go ahead and go for a Dirty Trick: blind (either with the dirt in the eyes or with a minor cut over his eyes drawing blood).

Authentic Forum Dice-rollInevitable Heroic Reroll: Dirty Trick - (1d20+21+8+3) (7) [39]

Although I recognize that I may still lose the heroic reroll (since I did roll it) I just remembered that Dirty Tricks can't be done as AoO... And same with Grapple. As far as I can tell he's not armed so Disarm is pointless as well.

That being the case lets just make a regular attack (for which a GRT 12 is fine, but again, I did make the roll so I totally understand if the reroll is counted as used in this case)
    Last edited by Zeros; 09-18-2020 at 09:10 AM.

@Zeros: Whoops, I'll have to change Gen's AOO to a punch to the back (which forces him to make another climb check).

And I'll assume the nonlethal damage regular attack from Ulvenn was Remembrance for that extra d6 nonlethal. (I did a lot of research to confirm that a climbing character loses Dex to AC but does not become flat-footed and can still make AOOs.)

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d6) [8]

So then Ulvenn's attack forces another Climb check, and if the fetchling-dragon succeeded on both, he gets to climb 1/4 his speed...so he would make it onto the awning roof, and I could update the mat.
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-18-2020 at 01:44 PM.

((Hypothetically... If he lost dex to AC does that mean sneak attack damage applies as well?))

if so... Authentic Forum Dice-rollSA - (3d6) (4, 3, 2) [9] if not then Authentic Forum Dice-rollNo SA - (0d0) () [0]

((Hypothetically... If he lost dex to AC does that mean sneak attack damage applies as well?))

if so... [roll0] if not then [roll1]

Fair question, and often a confusing point. I did a lot of research to confirm that losing your Dex to AC does not always mean you are flat-footed. (Whereas something like feinting specifically calls out that you've made your opponent flat-footed.)

While climbing, for example, you can still take AOOs (with one hand or limb, anyway) because even though you have lost your Dex to AC, you are not flat-footed.

((*In this instance I'd rather not be asked for my ruling confirmations sources. I had to re-start every game-thread and Planner post multiple times today, cuz' I've been constantly interrupted by, well, people wanting me to do my customer service job and I've switched terminals so many times---long story short, it would take me awhile to track it down again.))
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-18-2020 at 04:14 PM.

Both the kitchen scene and scene outside Fellichi's are updated.

Ulvenn's combat is over.

Shade's scene updated

The band is nearly back together---Ulvenn and Flint on one side of kitchen door, Shade on the other. Update complete, with new mat (not latest post but the one before it).

@Zeros & GT: Btw I just heard from TheShieldWolf randomly in PM. He says "Hi" and that he's impressed the game is still going, so kudos on both your roles in that!
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-22-2020 at 04:41 PM.

All scenes updated that required it (also campaign notes).

Hero Points update:

Ulvenn 4/5 left (one spent this month)
    Shade 5/5 left
    Flint 5/5 left (regained in September what was spent in August)
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-24-2020 at 01:56 AM.

we all know I am going to blow at least half of them on meaningless RolePlay

Just so that I'm clear

the Hag is offering to sell Duffy's soul to us for 35,000 gold, but then we would be responsible to whoever (apparently in Oppara) had purchased the hit on Duffy.

I'm still in the mind of trying to get her focus and take her down (despite some of Ulvenn's language to use diplomacy). Worst comes to worst, the incoming golem's can create those force spheres which (AFAIK) work against the ethereal plane.

Just so that I'm clear

the Hag is offering to sell Duffy's soul to us for 35,000 gold, but then we would be responsible to whoever (apparently in Oppara) had purchased the hit on Duffy.

I'm still in the mind of trying to get her focus and take her down (despite some of Ulvenn's language to use diplomacy). Worst comes to worst, the incoming golem's can create those force spheres which (AFAIK) work against the ethereal plane.

You understand perfectly. The deal is that by buying the soul you also buy the obligation to the original client who commissioned the soul jar capture (effectively paid for a murder without the future possibility of raise dead). And when you buy the soul, you get to find out who the original client was.

I just found out there's a bard emoji!

You're also correct that someone on the Ethereal Plane is still affected by a force wall type spell. There are stronger and weaker versions susceptible to different ways of being dispelled of course.

The band is finally back together in the same room, so go ahead and place yourselves on the mat for me?

@JB: You too, Shade had to cross to the door and I'd like to know where she ends up.

@GT: I need to know if Flint stayed invisible, in particular.

mat:
    Last edited by magrat4; 09-26-2020 at 04:29 PM.

If Peasblossom can unlock the door, she did it and Shade didn't move. If she can't, then Shade will do it, so put her in Peasblossom's square with her.

I just want to make sure that if I do attempt to engage with the witch that I'm not messing with Shade's plan.

Ultimately this is closer to Shade's side of the story than Ulvenn's, and I don't want to step on that too much.

Alternatively we buy out the soul and get to deal with the one who bought the services.

So... I kinda want to low key name drop with Niratap, saying that he already agreed to show us where Duffy's soul is and see the Hag's response*... But that could inflame the situation... Thoughts?

*Yes, this is a bluff, I don't know if Niratap would help us (although its not unlikely if we play our cards right)