Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWEST OOC Planner/Discussion Thread for Players

Grayson, Flint told Shade to step back so Ulvenn and he could flank the dragon. The dragon can't move because I staggered it. So you need me to step directly back, so you can squeeze between me and the dragon? Will you provoke an AoO? And will the fact that I'm still so close hamper your movement?

I can't remember how combat like that works.

As to novelizing Flint... I actually already have a Flint in the books No worries, he's a leannan sidhe, not a human rogue

WAIT.

The dragon was only staggered 1 round. (That is what stopped it from moving further into the room during the Surprise Round.)

The dragon will move on its next turn.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-22-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Not if I stagger it again... It's staggered for its turn this time, and I get to act before it gets another turn. Yes?

so ideally Ulvenn would move into the position that shade is currently standing in, Flint would take another 5ft step and then they would be flanking next turn

plus we want shade outside of beasties range

Quote Originally Posted by jblackstream View Post
    Not if I stagger it again... It's staggered for its turn this time, and I get to act before it gets another turn. Yes?
    Sorry, I should have said "the dragon will Move on its turn in Round One."

You cast lightning bolt this turn (Round One) instead of stricken heart, for 22 damage.

The dragon will have a Move this turn. It was staggered during the Surprise Round for the duration of one round only. That is why it didn't move into the room then.

It would've tried to mow right over Flint.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-22-2020 at 05:26 PM.

yeah, but once ulvenn and flint get into place we kinda want it to move, because that becomes a lot of aoo's

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    yeah, but once ulvenn and flint get into place we kinda want it to move, because that becomes a lot of aoo's

A single Movement Action provokes only one AOO from any characters threatening the squares, but yes. That is how the monsters lose health fast, moving through the shredder... XD
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-22-2020 at 05:52 PM.

well, the movement is 1 aoo, Zeros attack procks my 2nd aoo, and then the bullrush action procs a 3rd aoo :P

trickster boots? I have been looking for reliable teleportation for flint for literally years?

6 rolls between Flint and I and not one of them above 10 T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson Tagger View Post
    well, the movement is 1 aoo, Zeros attack procks my 2nd aoo, and then the bullrush action procs a 3rd aoo :P
    There's no bull rush. Creature is Large, not Huge. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    6 rolls between Flint and I and not one of them above 10 T.T

Trust me you're doing okay even still.

Everything is ready for players to post in Round 2.

Arrogant Wyrms is definitely the name of my new FILK band...

Oh, I was trusting you until a SECOND dragon showed up XD

I'm mostly just commisserating as usual, As everybody knows (or learns) I'm not happy if I'm not complaining

I just watch statistical trends and then complain as if I don't understand how 'anomalies' happen

Authentic Forum Dice-rollSpellcraft: Mirror Image - (1d20+5) (1) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge: Arcana ((Or any other knowledge that applies)) - (1d20+5) (9) [14] Seeing if Ulvenn knows the same things as Shade But more importantly if he knows whether a Daylight spell/Searing Light Spell might be particularly effective against these guys

Oh, Poor Ulvenn, he's so frustrated after Flint picked his pocket that he just can't see straight XD
    Last edited by Zeros; 03-23-2020 at 10:33 AM.

@Zeros: She said vulnerable to magic weapons, i.e. DR 5 vs magic. If she knew of a light spell vulnerability (i.e. if they had one) she would have told you already, no worries! But 40 guaranteed regular damage from the light spell if you suceed on a ranged touch attack is nothing to sneeze at.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-23-2020 at 01:37 PM.

rolling to see if Ulvenn pops an illusion or blinds real dragon Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d8) [1] (on an 8, reroll, but on a 7 he hits the real dragon)

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d8) [4] just in case

So normally a Dirty Trick wouldn't involve damage. And no damage means no popping an illusory duplicate. But in this instance, an eye strike, it's tricky and we'll just say he popped an illusion.

Shade's dispel magic spell gets rid of ALL the illusions. But Ulvenn acted first.

Still need to roll an AOO... and Reflex save...
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-23-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Okay, so here is what happened. Ulvenn's packed-arena-crowd-worthy level stunt avoided an AOO but failed to "blind" the dragon because he hit an illusion instead. The figment popped out of existence.

Silent image requires concentration or it immediately ends, so Syriaax cannot maintain it and cast another spell. (Even if she could, the dragon made a disbelieving Will save I rolled just in case.)

Her grease spell is now under Dragon Number Two/Nizhalgal's feet, but it succeeded on Reflex save in GRT not to fall. The dragon is not currently flatfooted. IF it moves its feet on the grease, I believe it has to make a new Reflex save and possibly become flatfooted.

In GRT the dragon DID bite Ulvenn. That was its AOO for his Dirty Trick. So you can assume based on experience that Flint will be safe to get closer, anyway.

The bite dealt 20 damage.

ALSO, Ulvenn's fey blood curse kicks in as soon as he's bit. Dragon has to make Will save DC 18 against that, hang on...okay, GRT the dragon did make it and does not take -2 attack rolls and damage rolls.
    Last edited by magrat4; 03-23-2020 at 01:39 PM.

@Zeros: I NEED Ulvenn's ending square on the combat mat, and so does your fellow player. Always include coordinates in your OOC, or we cannot proceed.

Man... Gotta get me some way to break through illusions... Because that mirror image is gonna mess with me every time unfortunately

Also too bad about me posting first... Gotta learn to work with the new teammates I guess

@concentration: She could maintain the concentration for the spell up until the point she cast grease so we could theoretically assume that Ulvenn acted first and Syriaax maintained the spell up until the point she cast Grease at which point it would go away. EDIT: Note: the dragon made the save, i'm not belaboring that point, just stating where my mind goes now that i realize the spell takes concentration

Also as far as silent illusion taking concentration... That's dumb... ((I'm not disagreeing with your ruling, just with the spell's requirement of concentration )) Illusion is already so easy to beat (depending on the dm) but you can't maintain some of the basic illusion spells without concentration. Makes me sad... Like my impatient, wasted feat of acrobatics T.T

Square for Ulvenn: I'm so sorry, I got so hyped up about the cool move that I forgot the little mechanics of where I'm standing XD. I'll edit it in but Ulvenn ends in G4

EDIT:
    At the Grease, it doesn't make a save next turn, it makes an acrobatics check if it wants to move. If it succeeds it can move at half speed, if it fails it can't move. But using acrobatics at all (without having 5 ranks in Acrobatics) will make it flat-footed.
    Last edited by Zeros; 03-23-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast