Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Over Hot Pockets & Monster Energy Drink

Default [OOC] Over Hot Pockets & Monster Energy Drink

Part 2's ooc thread. I'll eventually add a post after this one with everything you need to know before you do your first post in the IC thread that I'll also eventually create.

You have a covered wagon now, Damian and Gallant, and it is pulled by two quality horses. The back of the wagon has enough food and basic gear that it's basically in infinite supply, and if you want something specific in there, just ask. I may decide that it's fine. You don't fill the wagon up with too much stuff because it also acts as a nice little tent for sleeping while traveling or for if you don't want to pay for a stay at an inn.

All three characters have 500gp now, and each of you may choose ONE loot item from the previous adventure (found listed in the Bag of Holding Google Sheet) to still have in your possession. The rest were either used up in the course of Damian and Gallant's investigations or sold off to further finance said investigations. Let me know what you're keeping. The items not chosen will disappear from the BoH and should also be removed from your character sheets.

The silvered weapons you acquired in the first campaign are still yours to keep.

Six months of hardship and disappointment can take a toll on a person, so feel free to alter your character's personality (or even change their alignment!) for this sequel game. You can even change things like deities and Oaths if you want. Just like the first game, having fun is the main goal here, so let's always play with that in mind.

Changes to Gallant:

When Gallant's immune system soundly defeated the lycanthropy curse, it also assimilated with it in a way that has not been seen before. Over the last six months, Gallant's visage has become more frightening.
    He has grown a permanent set of fangs and a permanent set of claws. His old, gray eyes have taken on an unsettling golden glow, and the hair atop his head has darkened and also now grows in a thick mane down the back of his neck and halfway down his back.
    He has gained a +1 to STR and a +1 to his Perception skill.

Changes to Damian:

The past six months have sharpened Damian up even more than he thought they would.
    He gains a +1 to DEX, WIS, & CHA.

Man, I sure am glad to see you all here again, knowing we get to continue on together. Good times, friends. Good times!

If Gallant doesn't want to keep his Shield of Arrow Catching, Yuenni will take that. If he's keeping that, though, she'll hang on to her Swordsage cloak that allows for an INT save reroll and a +2 on concentration checks.
    Last edited by Raistlinmc; 03-09-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Happy to be back! Ra, I'll take a look tonight and let you know. Definitely going to be making a lot of changes to Gallant in response to the last arc, so I'll probably post something justifying those changes a bit as soon as I can.

Drew, absolutely love the changes to Gallant. Just got chills reading through that description.

Unless someone else has an interest, I think Gallant will keep the Lifting Belt. Because he uses a two-handed weapon I barely ever made use of the Arrow-Catching Shield so, Ra, it's yours if you want it.

Drew, what's the attack and damage for Gallant's claws/fangs? Trying to update my sheet now.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Damian will keep the pearl of power - its the one thing most useful to him.... and he really would have sold off everything in his endeavour to get 'Her' back.

Just a quick one - By +1 you mean the equivalent of a ASI 2 point boost? (im just clarifying because i've literally had a DM who went "no I mean your str went from 10 to 11" type of thing.

omg such chills on the description of Gallant. Surely those changes boosted his intimidation factor as well.
    Corn can’t expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

I imagine it's the latter (+1 to STR, whatever your current number is). That's how I took it anyway. I'm with the DM in your example, my friend.

Ok, thanks Horsey! One upgraded shield for my girl it is!
    Last edited by Raistlinmc; 03-09-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseyFatback View Post
    Drew, what's the attack and damage for Gallant's claws/fangs? Trying to update my sheet now.
    Claws - base damage of 2d4+STR
    Fangs - base damage of 1d8+STR

Quote Originally Posted by Scymon View Post
    Just a quick one - By +1 you mean the equivalent of a ASI 2 point boost?
    I mean those three core stats all increase by a single point.

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Cool - CS adjusted... nothing changed mod wise lol. but next ASI level will be fun...

Also - since its been a few months ... I'm dropping 100g off of my 500g and putting 2 x Healing Potions into my bags .... I would have crafted them over time.... (Or brought them as we investigated.... etc.) Since they're typically 50g to buy - or for the materials for them... it makes sense that i'm slightly lower in gold for them.

I still have all the little knick knacks I picked up. I'd like to have some "Drow Poison" - I know the recipe from my father who was an alchemist.... or some form of poison made from the various pieces. Just trying to work out which one works with you in terms of stats/effects when used. Even if its just literally smearing the venom from the spider that I gathered... and getting a slightly diluted effect of that venom (so where it might have been 2d10 damage from the actual spider... for me its 1d10 or 2d6 - and limited uses unless I can gather more. - I just can't remember what the original venom damage was)

I removed all the extra magical items from the old bag of holding list that I was specifically carrying - leaving Damian with only the Pearl of Power.

Drew, do you want it all kept secret? Or, perhaps through a PM, would you tell me where Yuenni has been to this point? As in, does she know Scymon has been talking to her every night? Is this something you're leaving up to me to roleplay and decide?

Before I post anything, I just don't want to step on your narrative toes, so to speak.

I'm dropping 100g off of my 500g and putting 2 x Healing Potions into my bags.
    That makes sense. Go right ahead.

I'd like to have some "Drow Poison".
    Drow Poison is a real thing, but it doesn't really inflict HP damage. For another 100gp, you can have crafted 3 uses of it if you want. For another 100gp, you can have 3 uses of Giant Spider Venom.

Question -

How far away are they from us? (just for spell ranges)
    And does the elevation of the hill offer us anything in the way of cover?
    About 150ft at a 45-degree angle downward.
    Eh, not really. If you want to keep line of sight you also lose any good cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-thalun View Post
    Drew, do you want it all kept secret? Or, perhaps through a PM, would you tell me where Yuenni has been to this point? As in, does she know Scymon has been talking to her every night? Is this something you're leaving up to me to roleplay and decide?

Before I post anything, I just don't want to step on your narrative toes, so to speak.
    I'll PM you.

k ive done the Healing pots.. and ill do both poisons... the appeal to the Drow one is the chance to instant unco a target if they fail by more than 5. otherwise disadv is still nice. The Giant Spider Venom...just makes sense after harvesting it in Part 1). so down to 200gp... and a bit more on the nasty side when I wanna use it.

Sounds good to me.

The suspense is killing me :P

Both for Gallants Init roll...

And the secrets Yuenni is hiding!

If I was a dog my tail would be wagging!!! /happy bounce

I suppose I could bring back the rule where I act for you if too much time passes. I'll start with Gallant's init roll and we'll see what we need to do from there.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGallant Init - (1d20+1) [2]

See? That's what happens when the DM rolls for you.

#PbP

Okay, the "PbP" hashtag is my new favorite thing.

LOL - also I went to bed last night and kept wondering why the distance of 150ft was annoying me...

then it clicked

EB only has a range of 120ft

So can we just say that Damian moved 30ft closer along the edge of the gully and then fired his EB... in order to keep things as they are.
    (I took agonizing blast and devils sight for Damian - I was thinking it was my other warlock cross who is going to take Eldritch Spear for the distance.)

I have not read the IC thread as yet since last night.... in case you need to change something to reflect that distance difference.

Sorry for the delay! And yep, I'll have to avoid being away for that long to get away from those DM rolls in the future

Ignore the edited post in the IC thread please, I had posted about Gallant using Hellish Rebuke before realizing the ogres were too far.

With the height and angle of the hill, would it be unreasonable for our characters to scale down it?
    Last edited by HorseyFatback; 03-11-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast