Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: [OOC] Over Hot Pockets & Monster Energy Drink

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

OK options...

Option A) Damian goes alone... still in his Bandit outfit... literally walks up to and inside the front door...
    IF he is challenged he simply acts as if he has just entered the wrong tent by accident.... Its more of a "what do I see"
    Unchallenged.... well id have to know what I see to go from there.

Option B) Damian goes with Yuenni... arm around her... doing the lovey dovey couple thing... both stagger into the tent "by accident". She at least knows what her stuff looks like... but again its a matter of challenge or no challenge.

Option C) like B) but with Gallant Invis with us.... effectively gets to remain inside the tent if possible... Or alternatively Like A) but Yuenni invis...
    Point being... distraction entry - invis person inside to probe and find items.... problem is the items wont be invis... and you could effectively break invis getting items. So likely have to "Cut" way out of the tent for your escape.

Option D) Gallant uses those claws and rips a hole in the back of the tent... (hopefully without being noticed) and all three of us get inside find Yuennis things... and get out.

Any other options/suggestions.... ? feel free to pitch in.

Damian has Invisibility (L2-Concentration) and he has his "Darkness" racial (also concentration) as a fall back for cover if needs be.

Drew - can we get a rough idea of hours of darkness remaining... (bear in mind we will want at least enough time to get back to the Cart before light as well)
    Corn canít expect justice from a court composed of chickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    He removes the blindfold. Sure that the guy probably can't see, but its a gesture nonetheless.
    Don't all 5e elves have darkvision?

Yes.

Hi, guys!

------------
    Usually online 8 a.m. - midnight CST

Lycanthus is online now PbP Lvl.5 - reached 6,500 posts (Next Lvl.@ 14,000 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Don't all 5e elves have darkvision?
    Yes - but we get into the semantics of where dim vision and pure darkness kicks in.

The way you wrote it - I interpreted it to mean that with the absence of any light he would struggle to see at all (even with darkvision)

Damian however has Devils Sight... so he can see perfectly fine.

But if there is still enough non light for him to see...then nm

and Hi shadow

Hey Shadow! Welcome to our little family

Shadow! I didn't know it was you joining us! Awesome

Welcome, old friend!

While I was doing my epic troll walk through the camp before.... did Damian overhear at any point anything that might indicate where the gear might have been taken?

Im at a loss this time to even work out ... it wont be the other 2 spec tents - since it follows that they are likely "entertainment" oriented.

The horse would likely be in a stable.... but a camp this size is bound to have more than one stable...

So Clues please :P

You're on the right track. There are several stables in camp but there happens to be one right across from the purple tent, and it's as good a place as any to start.

Gallant has a +6 to Athletics, if we wind up needing it!

That beats mine, for sure.

heh

So here has been my thought processes for most of the day -

Find Cals Horse.

Equip Cals Horse with saddlebags. (And extra ones if they're about)

Equip Cals Horse with Saddlebags which are filled with all the lewts from the chests (that is not worn by cal and yuenni if its their stuff)

Cast Invisibility on Horse. (because I cant think how on earth we get a horse out of here without it being seen.)

I even looked up the spell... just specifies a creature and anything the creature is carrying is turned invis..... technically one could argue that its "carrying" its rider... but note I have not tried to be *that* cheeky. Surely its well trained enough to either just follow its master with a commanding whistle or Food treat or a "discrete" lead can be used at least until its out of sight in the forest.

I have not even considered how we are getting it up the crater slope... presumably its able to be walked up.... otherwise we will need to get to the "Path" out and risk running into people coming in. (Or exiting)

Because lets face it... how else are we going to sneak a horse out?
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 10-13-2020 at 08:55 AM.

The reins are part of its bridle, which is part of its carried gear, so you can lead it by the invisible reins.

------------

Does anyone else read that treasure list ... hit the

Scroll of Vehicular Badassitude

stop.... and go.... "oooooohhhh" and immediately want to read it *Just* to find out WTF it is?

lol.

With scrolls.... can anyone read them... or only Wizards? every game seems to treat them differently... so figured id ask.

Normally, the general rule for scrolls: "any creature that can understand a written language can read the script on a scroll and can attempt to activate it" is overridden by the specific rule for Spell Scrolls: "if the spell is on your class's list you can use an action to read it...otherwise the scroll is illegible". However, I feel like a scroll should be the one way for some characters to cast spells they wouldn't otherwise be able to cast. So in my games, there is only the general rule for scrolls. Unless specifically stated otherwise, they are assumed to be written in Common, and if your character is literate they can read the scroll and cause the spell to occur.

drew "Cal" can have my inspiration if he wants to reroll to attempt to better that roll.

lol typing with a headache makes you forget words.
    Last edited by Lycanthus; 10-14-2020 at 07:33 AM.

ill let someone else make the decision.

Damian knows that horses can't see in the dark and they're big and noisy beasts - especially in forest.

For a sneaky guy... its against his instincts.

But his nerves are a bit strung out by just how much longer they can go without being discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthus View Post
    I know enough of Horses to know they will panic at the sight of an obvious predator like Gallant and while *we* might not smell Yuenni's Undeath... a horse definitely will. We also have heavy forest to try getting out through.
    Ah, very good. You saw my next hurdles coming. An Inspiration Point to you.

Weee

Did Cal use that last one? If not I think its the first time in game that I have kept one long enough to have 2 :P

(My brothers Wife is Horse mad... along with her whole family.... since we tend to have Christmas dinners at my brothers place - he has the BBQ and space for everyone - you hear a lot of Horse related waffle. Plus a friend of mine in High school had horses and we used to go for rides once she convinced me to get on one of them lol. Trust me it took a lot of convincing. Give me a motorcycle any day... but that horse scared the crap out of me)

Cal didn't use it.

------------

lol there you go Drew... my totally awesome MS Paint skills in action again :P