Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 418187888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1842

Thread: Chapter 1: It Begins

  1. #1801

    Default

    Jormud allows the others to go ahead, covering them with Dragon's Breath.

  2. #1802
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    An old stream bed lay before you. This passageway is barely four feet high and is obstructed by rounded boulders and pebbles. It might have been a streambed, though no water flows here now. as you enter through you enter a larger cavern (area 18) A wide rift fills the eastern half of this cavern. A stream pours out of the west wall, then tumbles down into the rift (this rift is in front of you) and flows out again to the north. Several ropes are secured to iron stakes along the western edge of the rift, leading down to the chasm floor. You stand at the edge before it drops to the rift. The drop down is 20 ft. Inside the rift you can hear, and see 2 bug bears clearing rocks on the floor while another is on the western half of the rift.

    Everyone give me a stealth check and a perception check
    Last edited by Sleepius; 08-27-2020 at 12:36 PM.

  3. #1803

  4. #1804

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20+4) (17) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+3) (18) [21]

  5. #1805
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    well damn those were good rolls. you are basically invisible to the enemy. Further beyond on the western side you can also spot a drow.

  6. #1806
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,115
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Hang on, now, let's not be too hasty with our whole "invisible" thing. Here goes...

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollStealth - (1d20) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+4) [23]

    ...see?



  7. #1807
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Bahahahahahhaha! oh man I did not expect that to happen! Ok while the two of you are silent as death itself, in comes your friendly, very loud, clunk Paladin! Fortunately for you, they just heard some noise, but arent aware fully of your exact location. You can tell the bugbears go into some form of alert. The flowing water is helping cover up the clunky paladin.

  8. #1808
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,115
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Sorry," the old man mutters in an apologetic whisper. "Knees creakin' again."



  9. #1809

    Default

    Jormud draws his bow, nocks and arrow, and pulls it back to his cheek. He's starting to look much more natural doing this.

    He waits to see what the creatures will do.

  10. #1810
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The one keeping lookout on top is scanning the areas, while the two at the bottom move more toward the eastern area, near where the party is (they are below, like 20 ft i believe). The drow is scanning as well, but at a distance.nearing the exit of the room on the western side.

  11. #1811
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,115
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Grayson doesn't like jumping out and surprising foes. It felt...unknightly.

    So he waits to see what his allies and his enemies alike will do for the moment.



  12. #1812

  13. #1813

    Default

    Jormud takes careful aim at the Drow. He whispers a word as he fires, enveloping the arrow with malice as well as with ice. He then, with a speed he'd not shown before now, draws a second arrow and lets it fly.

    OOC:
    Initiative: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+4) (10) [14]
    Action: Attack, expending a use of bardic inspiration to add Psychic Blades to the shot

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) (19) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+4) (4) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIce - (1d8) (6) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPsychic - (2d6) (2, 3) [5]

    Action Surge: Attack
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) (15) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+4) (7) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIce - (1d8) (8) [8]

  14. #1814
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,115
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Grayson crosses himself in the Sign of the Hammer, murmurs a soft prayer beneath his breath, and raises his magical blade...

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20) [1]

    ...slooooooooooowly.



  15. #1815

  16. #1816
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

  17. #1817
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Ok so bear in mind that you are on a ledge 20 ft up. there are 2 bug bear in the lower valley space or whatever below, and across the way is a bugbear and a drow. Jormud fires an arrow and nails the Drow with ease for massive damage. The creature never saw the two arrows coming. The 2 bug bears at the bottom will move in toward the edge of where you are. The bug bear on top will drop down, and the drow begins making moves to escape the room. He backs out toward the west staircase.

    Drow: - 38
    Last edited by Sleepius; 09-21-2020 at 06:10 PM.

  18. #1818

    Default

    Dom roars in rage as he takes a running leap off the ledge and tries to stab one of his magic rapiers into the nearest bugbear.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics Check? - (d20+7) (20) [27]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReckless Attack - (2d20b1+8) (4, 16) [24] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (d8+2d6+6) (5) (3, 3) [17]

    EDIT: SOrry, I did my math wrong. It should be +8 instead of +6 so the total damage is 19, not 17.
    Last edited by Hideous; 09-25-2020 at 01:14 PM.

  19. #1819
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,115
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    (OOC: Sleep, from where Grayson is, can he reach anyone for combat?)

    Grayson readies himself...



  20. #1820

    Default

    Jormud launches another arrow at the drow.

    OOC:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+8) (5) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+4) (4) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollIce - (1d8) (3) [3]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •