Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1847

Thread: Chapter 1: It Begins

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,805
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Jormud says, "I want a closer look."

    He moves from around the cart, crossbow held at his waist. He moves forward towards the fallen horses, eyes open, intent on getting a better look at the fallen mounts.

    OOC:
    I want to move up to the horses. If I make it that far, I'd like to examine them closer.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+1) (8) [9]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInvestigation - (1d20+5) (15) [20] (to get an idea if the horses were shot here or elsewhere and just made it this far and from what direction were the struck)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollMedicine - (1d20+5) (10) [15] (to determine how long they've been dead)

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    749
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Chapter 1: It Begins

    Drav calls out quietly to Jormud as he approaches the horses. "Be careful, lad, and keep yer head on a swivel"

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The Flooded Desert
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Dariana continues to keep watch to the rear of the wagon.

    The last thing we need is to have someone come upon us from behind while no one is looking.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Combat will be initiating tomorrow when I post but wanted to just get everyone toll initiatives so we can just roll right into it.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,794
    Rep Power
    25

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,805
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+3) (9) [12]

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The Flooded Desert
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInitiative - (1d20+1) [12]

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    749
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollinitiative - (1d20+2) [9]

  9. #49
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Jormud takes a closer look and sees that the satchels with the horses have been looted and that the bodies have been there about a day. While searching, Dom yells out "GOBLINS!" Arrows fly in on either side of the party, missing their shots. Two Goblins emerge from the brushes and charge in. One at Jormud and the other at Dom.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollinitiative gobs - (1d20+2) [5]

    Goblins attack last. you are being attacked from the sides. 2 goblins are rushing in, one from each side, with melee weapons and there is one on either side shooting with bows. Due to Dom's amazing perception, he relays the info to the party and you know where those goblins are. COMBAT BEGINS! Party is up, then goblins (i take the highest initiatives and let either players or enemies go first to streamline combat)
    Last edited by Sleepius; 11-27-2018 at 12:25 PM.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    749
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Chapter 1: It Begins

    Seeing the goblins emerge from the brush, Drav clenches his fists, releasing the pent up primal energy he had channeled through the roots around them. The branches of the bushes twist like snakes, reaching out to constrict the goblins they can reach.

    ((Release Readied Spell - Entangle on the nearest group of goblins))

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  11. #51
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    I assume the DC is 20 here. I believe Jormud is the only one at the horses area. (this is where you cast the spell correct?)

    since he has -1 to strength, he is entangled! goblin 1 is going nowhere! this is the one attacking Jormud. Goblin 2 is attacking Dom. Goblin 3 and 4 are behind the bushes with bows.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,805
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Jormud, his mouth drawn into a line, turns and fires at the goblin running at him. He then retreats towards the wagon they escort, drawing his rapier as he goes.

    OOC:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+5) (17) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+3) (2) [5]
    Move: Up to 30' back towards the wagon.
    Object interaction: Draw rapier.
    Bonus: none
    Reaction: Attack of opportunity, if it comes up.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,794
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    HP: 15/15 - AC: 16

    Dom rises from the driver's seat of the wagon and calls out the enemy's positions in the trees. He roars in rage as he fires at the goblin dealing with Drav's entangling vines. He then leaps down from the wagon and charges forward into the fray.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShortbow Attack - (2d20b1+5) (4, 18) [23] for Authentic Forum Dice-rollPiercing Damage - (d6+3) (4) [7]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics Check? - (d20+5) (15) [20]

    OOC: Enter rage. Not sure if I need the athletics check to hop down from the wagon but I rolled one anyways. After my attack, I'm moving 30 feet forward towards the retreating Jormud. Depending on how close the advancing goblins are, I may drop my shortbow and draw both of my rapiers (thanks to my Dual Wielder feat). Note that if the goblins are close (within 30 feet) and I do draw my rapiers then my AC goes up to 17.

    Also, I don't think Drav cast his Entangle spell at Jormud... he said: "Entangle on the nearest group of goblins." And the DC to avoid being restrained is only 14, not 20. It is based on Drav's Wisdom score (18). If the goblin fails, he is "restrained," meaning Dom would get advantage on his attack (see above). Otherwise, ignore the second attack roll above (in which case my attack roll is only 9).

    Last edited by Hideous; 11-27-2018 at 02:00 PM.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The Flooded Desert
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Dariana leaps from the rear of the wagon to the ground, moving toward the left side (as if facing toward the impromptu roadblock) of the wagon. She eyes the goblin archer in the brush, and raises her free hand, a devilish grin forming beneath narrowed, oddly joyful azure eyes. Those deep blue pools of sight take on an unearthly glow as she whispers ancient secrets in an arcane tongue, her slender, delicate fingers deftly flowing through an elegant series of mystical gestures.

    She speaks, "Ehto-o i vanwie, hir i hon-o mime cotumo.", and eldritch energies race from her outstretched hand toward her goblin foe.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollEldritch Blast - (1d20+6) (12) [18]

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,805
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    OOC:

    Of a note, I made my post before I saw Sleepius' last one.

    Let me know if I need to make a save.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    my bad on the DC. im gonna say hes still entangled due to my error. no save necessary.
    The goblins came from two different sides so I will say the one was entangled. The other is charging at Dom still.
    The goblin entangled by the vines takes an arrow to the throat. It gurgles a bit as blood pools from its mouth. It then falls silent. I need damage roll from the eldritch blast for the goblin in the brush. Also, left or right brush are you attacking? Goblin 3 is on the left and goblin 4 is on the right.

    OOC: I will prepare maps for future encounters to make things easier!

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,794
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Since the other goblin is still charging at Dom, he is going to drop his shortbow and draw his rapiers meaning his AC is now 17.
    Last edited by Hideous; 11-27-2018 at 06:18 PM.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The goblin charges in and swings with a scimitar at Dom.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollgoblin 1 attack - (1d20+4) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+2) [6]

    Goblin 3 shoots an arrow at Darianna
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+4) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+2) [8]

    Goblin 4 (pending damage from Eldritch Blast) shoots at Dravakar with an arrow
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+4) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+2) [8]

  19. #59
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    975
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    we have 2 crits.

    attack on Dom: 6+8 = 14 damage

    Attack on Darianna: 8+8=16 damage


    Remember, crits you get what your rolled damage is + a full set of damage. example is my two attacks.

    Players are up!

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The Flooded Desert
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollEldritch Blast Damage - (1d10) [8]

    Still focused on the first goblin she saw, Dariana is knocked off balance by an impact to her side. She cries out in pain and falls to the ground, catching the briefest glimpse of an arrow protruding from a place in her chest where nothing should be protruding. Her eyes flutter momentarily as a hazy thought crosses her mind. She stammers out one last sentence, "Oh...look at that. Pretty butterflubble...," and the life, following the path of her words, flees from her.
    Last edited by HandsOfBlue; 11-27-2018 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Crit Adjustment
    "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds


Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •