Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1843

Thread: Chapter 1: It Begins

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The party heads to the task masters and formally accepts the job. The flyer is stamped and archived with the masters. They inform you that you will get paid once the job has been completed. You head out to the front gates and meet with the stable master. He informs you that Baros has already departed and that the wagon is ready for you to take. There is room in the wagon for everyone. I need to know whose steering the wagon and where everyone intends to be in the wagon or sitting up front etc. the wagon inside you see is filled with various mining and expedition supplies. Food, some basic weapons, pick axes, shovels.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,799
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Jormud looks over the gear they're hauling, then makes sure that there is a manifest. If there is not, he makes one.

    He then says, "I know many things. I know songs and rites. I know the mysteries of the dead. I know the touch of magic.

    "One thing I don't know, however, is how to steer a wagon. Does anyone here know?
    "

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    749
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Chapter 1: It Begins

    Drav hops up to the top of the wagon, breathing in the fresher air of the outdoors rather than the heavy odours of the common room. He sighs contentedly and helps load the last of the equipment, chucking up his rucksack last.

    Finished, he cracks his back and then hops up to the top of the wagon beside Dom. His fingers dance across the wood and then in a short staccato, flexing in the air. Opening himself up to the elements, Drav gets a sense of what the journey would bring.

    - Cast Druidcraft

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The Flooded Desert
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Chapter 1: It Begins

    Dariana checks that her pack and spear are secure in the wagon, then hops onto the back to take in the scenery as it fades behind her. Another day, another journey. Another sun passing over without you, Darrus. But one day, my dearest brother. One day...

    She blows a magical kiss toward the city, a stream of twinkling stardust taking flight as her open hand falls from her lips. The sparkles last only seconds before fading into nothingness.

    "Such are the sparks of life, here and gone all too quickly," she whispers.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    "I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Malcolm Reynolds


  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The party takes off in the Caravan. You travel without any trouble. Some slight bumps in the road. Passing travelers. But overall, a quiet journey. Possibly the easiest gold you will ever make you begin to think. You start traveling to the outskirts of the Wilderock Mountains. You enter a forest. Trees cover the area, allowing spots of sunlight to pass through the canopy of leaves. Birds chirp in the distance. You've been riding through the forest for about half a day. As you come around a bend, you spot two dead horses sprawled about fifty feet ahead of you, blocking the path. Each has several black-feathered arrows sticking out of it. The woods press close to the trail here, with a steep embankment and dense thickets on either side.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Dom stops the horses, “Wooaahh...” He signals to the others, “Trouble ahead. Looks like bandits. Everyone take cover.”

    OOC: Is the wagon a flatbed or are there high walls that everyone can hide behind?

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    The wagon is your basic covered wagon.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    the horses block the trail from the wagon traveling through. The road is wide enough for just the wagon to pass in this particular spot. The dead horses would need to be moved for the wagon to pass safely. Though, how you pass this area is completely up to you.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    “Okay, guys!” Dom shouts. “Come on out so we can negotiate like civilized people.” Meanwhile, he draws his shortbow and knocks an arrow.
    Last edited by Hideous; 11-24-2018 at 07:12 PM.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,799
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Jormud fetches his hand crossbow.

    He then come out of the back of the wagon.

    "​Wouldn't this be a little obvious?"
    Last edited by LordFluffy; 11-25-2018 at 06:02 AM.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    The Flooded Desert
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    Dariana places one hand around her spear, searching her surroundings for any sign of hostile beings, but otherwise not moving from the wagon. She sees Jormud hop down to the dirt, and sighs. The view is reduced in the wagon, but so are the odds of being chosen as a separate target from the wagon's frame. She says nothing to him, though, for fear of identifying him to any lurking bandits. He sings to the dead. Has to be pretty good at staying alive to keep doing it, right?

    Without turning, she calls toward the front of the wagon, "You know, Dom, this might be a good time for you and Drav to show us what big, strong men you are and push those equine corpses out of the way. Or chop them up into smaller bits or something. Whatever strikes your fancy, really, as long as we get out of here."

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+2) [7]

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    749
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Drav smiles back at Dariana and winks. "That's a quick way t'get stabbed, lass. Let's jest see what we're dealing with here. Give me 'nough time and I can dig us a way 'round or shift them poor beasties outta our way. Still, though, me hackles are up. Somethin's not right."

    The dwarf turns back to the grisly obstacle and begins to summon his energy, reaching out through the roots under the earth and grabbing hold of their life energy.

    Readied Action - Casting Entangle if enemies appear or combat breaks out.
    Last edited by atlastrembles; 11-25-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis


  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

  17. #37
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    So what’s the ultimate plan here? Also, dariana does not notice anything out of the ordinary.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Dom’s plan is to try and draw out whoever shot the horses and see what they want. If they are highway robbers, we may be able to negotiate. If that fails, at least their leader should be revealed and will be Dom’s initial target.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    973
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    As of right now there is no movement or sound around you. Just general ambiance of the woods. You can roll perception if you like.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDom Perception - (d20+5) [25]

    ”Anyone have eyes on the welcoming party?”

Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •