Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1111

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #1081
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,123
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    The dwarf nods and stands at her side, lion-emblazoned shield raised and readied.



  2. #1082

    Default

    Amadeus listensto the plan and casts fireball into the room once the signal is given:

    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(10d6) (3, 6, 1, 4, 6, 2, 5, 6, 5, 1) [39] DC 19 for half

  3. #1083
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    As quietly as possible, Joyya and Katharina moves up to take a defensive position at the double doorway with Paulo and Amadeus immediately behind them. When ready, Amadeus opens the fight by hurling a ball of fire through the doorway, which explodes in the middle of the next room, close enough to hit the "hiding" brutes, but such that Joyya and Katharina are just out of the blast radius.

    The room erupts into a fiery inferno and this is where everything turns to chaos...


    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 08-23-2020 at 09:03 AM.

  4. #1084
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,123
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "C'mon, we'll bottle-neck 'em as usual!" the dwarf roars, planting himself firmly in front of the entrance next to Kathy. "Bring it on, ya burnin' bastards!"

    Joyya casts Divine Favor on himself, hoping his foes come to him.

    (OOC: +3/+3 for my guy for one minute.)



  5. #1085

    Default

    Amadeus takes a five foot step to K 24 and will cast magic missil3 at the first to step forward. Ready action to cast for Authentic Forum Dice-roll(5d4+5) (4, 2, 2, 2, 4) [19]

  6. #1086
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Round 1

    As soon as the fireball explodes, the giant creatures leap forward with screams of pain and anger. The first one steps forward and immediately takes a series of magical missiles to its stomach, head, arms and legs. The creature staggers from the impact, but it seems only to anger it more. It throws itself at Joyya through the open doorway, biting and scratching fiercely

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+8) (11) [19] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollClaw - (1d20+8) (19) [27] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+5) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollClaw - (1d20+8) (6) [14] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+5) [10]

    The second creature moves up beside the first one and tries to take a bite out of Katharina through the doorway.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+8) (9) [17] -> Katharina
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) [9]

    The other two can reach you through the doors, so they hold back, eagerly awaiting their turn.


    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 08-31-2020 at 09:23 AM.

  7. #1087
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,123
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Ha! Ya big filthy bastards'll have ta be faster'n that!" the dwarf roars when the blows fail to land.

    (OOC: HP 65/65. AC 24 for now.)



  8. #1088
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Katharina deftly stays out of reach of vicious teeth and takes a small step forward, carful not to creat an opening in the shield wall with Joyya.
    Her blade flashes, hungry for stinky troll flesh.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollfirst attack - (1d20+12) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+10) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsecond attack - (1d20+7) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+10) [12]
    ((She will attack the troll directly in front of her. If he goes down with the first attack then she shifts her second attack to the one beneath that.))
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Six - Trial

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  9. #1089
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsecond attack crit confirmation - (1d20+7) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+10) [18]
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Six - Trial

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  10. #1090
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Round 1, cont'd

    Katareena's keen blade flashes in the gloomy light, cutting open the trolls belly and following up with a deep thrust into its chest. The troll topples over as its frenzied shriek drowns in the greenish-black ichor gurgling forth from its maw.



  11. #1091
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    986
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Paulo's never been so glad to smell singed, dirty creature fur! Not ready to face one of these guys head-on yet...he draws his sword, ducks and weaves around Joyya and Katharina, and gets a quick jab in at the toothy beast; before bounding back to the doorway where he started.


  12. #1092
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Round 1, cont'd

    Paulo jumps forth and thrusts his blade into the fat torso of the troll standing in front of Joyya - and then scuttles back again before the dead monstrosity hits the ground. Shalelu and Jakardros fire arrows at the troll in the back, but have to take more careful aim when firing over the heads of Joyya and Katharina.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+11-2) (4) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+6-2) (1) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [4]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollJakardros - (1d20+12-2) (12) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+1d6) [10]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShalelu - (1d20+7-2) (11) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+2+1d6) [8]

    Shalelu seems shaken by the ordeal and her arrow fly all over the place - one goes over the head of the troll and the other one ricochets off the door frame and hits Joyya's helmet - albeit without causing any damage. Jakardros' aim is better and both of his arrows thuds into the troll in the back sending sizzling surges of electricity through its all but broken body.

    Before your very eyes, you see the amazing regenerative powers that trolls are known for, as the wounds you have just inflicted begin to close - even on the corpses lying before Joyyas and Katareenas feet. The one that Paulo just stabbed is still down, but the other one begins to stir again. One of Jakardros' arrows pops out of the body of the troll in the back.


    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 09-06-2020 at 08:21 AM.

  13. #1093

    Default

    Amadeus mutters, “This will not do... Not at all... My friend fire does not like it when they stand back up...”

    The sorcerer cast lvl 2 Burning arc dc 18 first target, 16 second target and 16 for third Reflex for half:

    I31 is first target Authentic Forum Dice-roll(10d6) (3, 1, 1, 3, 1, 3, 4, 6, 5, 3) [30]
    I29 is second target Authentic Forum Dice-roll(5d6) (4, 2, 5, 2, 2) [15]
    j29 is third target Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d6) (5, 2) [7]

    Then five foot step to k24

    j29 is third target Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d6) (3, 5) [8]
    Last edited by mdh; 09-14-2020 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Take the lower roll for 3rd target, mistyped on iPad

  14. #1094
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,123
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Joyya does his best to avoid Amadeus's fire blasts while also wading it to smash at the nearest troll still standing.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+17) [30]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+10) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollShock Damage - (1d6) [1]



  15. #1095
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Round 2

    Amadeus continues to cast his signature fiery magic at the enemy to devastating effect. The blast hits the troll in the back and burns it to a smoldering crisp. The fire jumps further to the troll that started to stir and spreads from there to the next troll. In all three cases, the fire appears to halt the regenerative process and the fire continues to burn, slowly consuming the corpses.

    Joyya does not wait around to rejoice over Amadeus' discover - he stomps forth to engage with the last troll. As he nears the troll, it tries to snap at the dwarf in frantic defense

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO bite - (1d20+8) (14) [22] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) [10]

    Joyya easily smacks the troll, sending a shocking jolt through its greenish-grey wart-filled skin.

    Even if not severely wounded, the troll feels the sting of the attack and enters a raging frenzy, tearing at Joyya with tooth and nail

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBite - (1d20+8) (2) [10] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+5) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollClaw - (1d20+8) (11) [19] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+5) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollClaw - (1d20+8) (18) [26] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6+5) [6]

    ((Katareena and Paulo are next...))
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 09-15-2020 at 03:15 PM.

  16. #1096
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    986
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Paulo ducks out of the way of Amadeus' flames, feeling the heat over his head...singing his hair! Well-played by the magic man, he thinks, and calls out in case it wasn't intentional, "Fire or acid...else these guys'll be back on their feet in no time!" Damn it...of course he didn't have any such agents himself!

    He sees an opening behind the troll, and takes a running leap, tumbling alongside it and landing behind (E27).
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollacrobatics - (1d20+18) (12) [30]

    Rolling up onto one knee, he stabs at the back of the troll's leg, trying to slice a hamstring.


  17. #1097
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,123
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Joyya's defenses, with the aid of Kathy, hold up against the onslaught.



  18. #1098
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Round 2, cont'd

    Paulo flips and skids around corners and through the legs of Katharina and Joyya, swirping around the troll, and thrusts his blade into the back of the trolls leg. The troll never even saw him coming and it howls loudly in pain as it twists around, limping on his one good leg.

    ((Katharina is still up...))

  19. #1099
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Katharina steps up to the still standing troll and lashes out. (H28)
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack1 - (1d20+12) [32]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+10) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack2 - (1d20+7) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+10) [18]
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Six - Trial

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  20. #1100
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,365
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollcrit confirmation 1st attack - (1d20+12) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollextra crit damage - (2d8+20) [28]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollcrit confirmation 2nd attack - (1d20+7) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollextra crit damage - (2d8+20) [28]
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Six - Trial

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •