Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1115

Thread: Chapter 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    986
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Paulo ducks under the first harpy's club, cursing as the spikes whistle past his ear...then, without stopping, he tucks into a roll to avoid the second.

    He's not sure what one of their magic men did, but everything seems to be going in slow motion...or maybe he's going faster? In any case, he draws an arrow and lets it fly at the nearest harpy; following it with another right after.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollfull attack composite shortbow - (1d20+11) (1) [12] +1 hasted
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldmg shortbow - (1d6+1) (3) [4]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollfull attack composite shortbow - (1d20+11) (12) [23] +1 hasted
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldmg shortbow - (1d6+1) (5) [6]


  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    (OOC: Time to see Joyya's fancy new equipment put to work!)

    The dwarf, freed from the need to hold the mage back and hasted by Cyrill, rushes to Paulo's aid and strikes at one of the two harpies trying to smash the rogue with her club. First, Joyya swings his new flail, crackling with electricity.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+12) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollExtra Shocking Damage - (1d6) [1]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+12) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollExtra Shocking Damage - (1d6) [5]

    As if that wasn't enough, the dwarf then raises his new lion-headed shield and lets loose its power. A great metallic roar emerges from the enchanted shield and a glinting, snarling lion's head flies forth, biting at the harpy before retreating back into its normal state.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFree Shield Attack - (1d20+5) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (2d6) [12]

    (OOC: And, it would seem, we now have a warpriest who's actually pretty capable in melee )
    Last edited by Raistlinmc; 02-13-2018 at 07:25 AM.



  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,219
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    'Time to strike.' Cyrill called out, changing up the tune of his performance. (on to your regular Inspire Courage) (swift action, Harmonic Spell)
    The bard performed some movements alongside his playing a a black ray flew from his hand towards the closest harpy, moving towards the harpies if neccessary. Authentic Forum Dice-rolltouch attack - (1d20+10) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollSTR damage - (1d6+3) [9] (Ray of Enfeeblement, Fort Save vc DC16 halves STR damage)

    BUFFS: Haste, Inspire Courage; +3/+2 to hit/weapon damage roll
    Last edited by Adanedhel; 02-13-2018 at 08:01 AM.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    (OOC: With Cyrill's inspiration, Joyya's rolls could to be boosted accordingly if you rule turns going that way, Abber.)



  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Round 2

    As the first harpy flies past Katharina, the champion of Asmodeus reacts quickly and smashes her back hand into the harpy's side. She follows up by a scorching blast of fire. Badly burned and wounded, the winged witch can barely stay airborn, but she is not completely defeated yet.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReflex for half - (1d20+7) [17] vs. DC 16

    ((Note that channel smite is a swift action and you can only take swift actions during your own turn and not as an AoO))

    Paulo fires two arrows in rapid succession - one is perhaps to fast and goes wide off its mark. The other one strikes true.

    Aided by the enchantments of the bards hymn, Joyya is a virtual whirlwind of action, swinging his flail and bashing his shield, until the nearest hardy is a heap of bloody pulp lying at his feet.

    Cyrill steps up and touches ever so lightly the foot of the nearest harpy in the air without missing a single beat of the tune. The effect is not readily visible, but the harpy seems to dip a bit as it suddenly appears to struggle more to stay airborn.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFort for half - (1d20+4) [18] vs. DC 16


    ((Amadeus can take his round 2 action - then the harpies))

    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 02-13-2018 at 02:49 PM.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,219
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    (I now realize I have been unclear, so for future reference: Ray of Enfeeblement is a Close Ranged Touch Attack, it is after all, a ray )

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Round 2, cont'd

    ((Fair enough - I'll put you a bit further away.))

    Amadeus still seems somewhat confused after his enthrallment and whirs his head to clear the fog from his mind.

    The two surviving harpies swoop around in the air and closes in on Joyya and Katharina respectively. They seem filled by a furious blood rage - and perhaps an unbearable hunger for fresh sentient flesh - so fleeing appears to be far from their minds (although it would probably be the smartest thing to do under the circumstances). They handle their crude weapons with skill, hammering away several times at their targets

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBarbed club first swing - (1d20+8-2) (2) [8] -> Katharina
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1-2) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBarbed club second swing - (1d20+3-2) (18) [19] -> Katharina
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1-2) [7]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBarbed club first swing - (1d20+8) (10) [18] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollBarbed club second swing - (1d20+3) (9) [12] -> Joyya
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+1) [8]

    ((Round 3 next - your turn))


  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Joyya, emboldened by the blows ringing off his shield and armor, roars as he swings the crackling flail once (twice!) more at the harpy determined to dent his new stuff.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+12) [31]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollElectric Damage - (1d6) [2]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (1d20+12) [22]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+6) [12]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollElectric Damage - (1d6) [6]

    "Take that...'n' that, ya feathery sono'abitch!"
    Last edited by Raistlinmc; 02-14-2018 at 06:35 PM.



  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Shaking his head (Have been ill IRL), Amadeus casts magic missile at the nearest harpy Authentic Forum Dice-roll(5d4+5) (4, 2, 1, 4, 2) [18]

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,377
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    The ruthless executor divine snarls as the harpy gets a lucky hit in. Not deigning to ready the shield off her back she lunges, wielding her blade with both hands.
    "I'll take your wings as a trophy you vile chicken!"
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollpower attack - (1d20+12) [26]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollchannel smite - (3d6) [12] will dc 17 for half
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+13) [17]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollhasted power attack - (1d20+12) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d8+13) [16]
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Six - Trial

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,219
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    'Apparently we'll be eating chicken soup tonight.' Cyrill joked, witnessing the devastation wrought upon the outmatched harpy's.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,429
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    In a stench of ozone mixed with charred feather, the second harpy goes down by Joyya's flail, followed closely by the last harpy, its chest smoldering from the impact of numerous bolts of arcane energy. In the heat of the moment, Katharina chops the body in two before it hits the ground - but it is not really needed.

    The "battle" is over faster than it began. If it wasn't for Cyrills fast response, the horse and carriage could have been stuck in the murky waters, lured in by the harpies' captivating song, but once that threat was dispelled, it was little more than target practise for a group of hardened adventurers such as yourselves.

    The horses, still buckled to the carriage, stand calmly nearby, perhaps still soothed by the effects of the singing. As far as you can tell, there are no other threats in sight.



  13. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Joyya, not huffing and puffing but covered in a thin sheen of sweat nonetheless, grins down at his new shield and pats his flail affectionately.

    "Worth every damned penny, I'd say," the warpriest says with a laugh. "Those bird-brained bitches didn't stand a chance, eh? That'll teach 'em for tryin' ta sing at us!"



  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,377
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Katharina regains her composure almost instantly and steps over to the fallen Harpy's corpse. She sheathes her sword and with one foot to hold the wing down starts harvesting the longest feathers at the edge of the wings by pulling them out. 10 in total. She puts them away in her backpack.
    "What? They have to make fine quills. Now come on and let's get those nags back on the road so we can finally get to where we're going."
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Six - Trial

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Joyya raises an eyebrow.

    "Won't see me complainin', m'lady. Pluck 'em, strip 'em and fry 'em up for all I give a damn. Those harpies had it comin'. But before we hit the road, let's check their nest, see if'n they got anythin' useful."

    Before continuing, Joyya searches to see if the harpies had some sort of loot cache.



  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Amadeus casts detect magic to look for loot.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    986
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Paulo starts to move towards Joyya's harpy, and takes a step before watching it fall in a heap. He turns to move toward's Katharina's harpy; another step in her direction...only to pull up short once again as the creature flops to the ground in two pieces.

    He puts his bow back over his shoulder, and brushes some imaginary dirt off his armor. "Well then...done and dusted. We showed them, din't we?" he grins at the others. "Lucky I was here to help, though."

    He jogs after Joyya, lending his eyes to help find anything of interest.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wilrijk
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,219
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    'Well done indeed.' Cyrill was relieved to see the cart was alright. 'Miss Katarina, are you left- or righthanded?' He asked, after seeing her gather feathers from both wings.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,377
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "It's miss Durmond. Trying to combine polite form with a first name is ludicrous. Unless you're called ser Loadstone, then apparently it's lass. Although I still think it sounds like he's going to ask if Timmy fell down a well. But to answer your question, I am left handed. It's one of the requirements for membership of my order. Why?" Katharina answers.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Six - Trial

    Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,154
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "'Tis indeed, lass!" Joyya calls over his shoulder, chuckling.



Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •