Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1361

Thread: Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy

  1. #1321
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,117
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAoO - (1d20+7) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d12+3) [7]

    "Not so fast," Chuck grunts.



  2. #1322
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Chuck clips the derro just before it takes off - the axe bites deep into the feys thigh, but even though it bleeds profusely from several bad wounds, it still manages to stay on its feet as it limps into the dark tunnel...


  3. #1323
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    2,595
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Well there's that," Laera grumbles as she follows the derro through the door, in hopes of taking another shot at it before it escapes.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack if she can get a shot - (d20+10) (9) [19]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage, using studied strike for an extra d6 if she hits - (d8+3+d6) (5) (2) [10]

  4. #1324
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,175
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Ino lines up a shot as the Fey moves and wings a stone at his head. He can't alert anyone if hes unconscious!

    Attack- Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 1d20+8 ) [27]
    Damage- Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 2d3 ) [6]


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  5. #1325
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,117
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "Tough little fella," Unt'Chuck says with no small amount of respect in his voice.



  6. #1326
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Round 2

    Laera reacts fast and throws all caution into the wind as she bolts after the derro. She dives into the tunnel and catches a brief glimpse of the derro up ahead. She raises her crossbow and fires a bolt, which catches the derro in the back just a split second before it rounds the corner bringing it once more out of sight. Instead, the derro collapses onto the tunnel floor with the bolt sticking out of its back. It seems to be down for good. The derro had made a lot of noise, however. At this point, you do not know whether it has alerted anyone further ahead.

    You find yourselves once more in another carved out tunnel, which is sporadically lit in dim light by the luminescent moss growing in patches along the walls. The tunnel appears to split three ways up ahead - two tunnels branching off to the north and one bending in a southeasterly direction. The derro was going in towards the southern tunnel.

    Now that the fight - and the derro's screaming - is over, you can hear a dump pounding sound coming from the door to the south of the alchemical lab, like something hard is hammering on the door from the other side. A closer look shows you that the door has been boarded over.



  7. #1327
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,117
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "We search lab...go ask whatever be banging who it be...then either let it out or move on?" Chuck suggests.



  8. #1328
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    2,595
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Laera goes quietly forwards and drags the body of the derro back into the room they just came from.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollstealth - (d20+10) (13) [23]

    Assuming she's successful, she says, "This creature might have boarded up the door for a reason. What's behind the door could be worse than what we've faced so far. In any case, I agree that we might want to search the room first."

    If she detects anyone coming towards her, she'll run away before they reach her.
    Last edited by ifreedman; 09-20-2020 at 09:32 PM.

  9. #1329
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,117
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Chuck nods at Laera's words then asks, "Well then...let go ask it."

    With that, the big man walks over to the boarded door and says, "Stop banging. My name is Unt'Chuck. Who you?"



  10. #1330
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    689
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Galin ambles up to the corpse of the Derro, and kneels to lament the passing of its life. Looking up, he says, "'T'would seem this one 'ere was intent on lettin' whatever was b'hind that there door, upon us. Ye's really thinkin' it be wise t' go askin' f' more trouble?"

  11. #1331
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    2,595
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "I do know that derro are mean critters. They like kidnapping common folk and entreating with evil. It's entirely possible that whatever is behind this door is merely a victim of the derro," Laera says.

  12. #1332
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,175
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Ino quietly moves into a position to hurl another rock right into the doorway the moment it was opened. She was taking no chances in this hellhole, full of undead abominations and strange creatures her size.


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  13. #1333
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,117
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    "I not ask for trouble. I just ask," Chuck replies, as if that explains everything.



  14. #1334
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    2,595
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Unt'chuck, without any disrespect to you, sometimes when the *good* people of Korvosa see someone with orc blood, they assume that anything they say is them asking for trouble," Laera says with obvious sarcasm as she pronounces the word "good."

  15. #1335
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,117
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Unt'Chuck shrugs.

    "Racists be racist," he replies, as if that pretty much explains everything.

    Which, in truth, it kinda does.



  16. #1336
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark, Copenhagen area
    Posts
    2,422
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Laera drags the corpse of the derro safely and quitely back into the alchemy lab - she notices no threats along the way.

    There is no answer to Chuck's questions, and the slow pounding just continues on the door. Whoever is banging on the door either hasn't heard you, or they do not care. The boarding on the door seem sturdy, and it seems to hold the banging - at least for the time being. Even Chuck would have a hard time smashing through, but from this side you could remove the boards with a few minutes of work.

    The alchemy lab is largely thrashed - you reacall that the late derro was working on fixing some of the broken equipment as you came in. There might still be objects of interest in the debris, which hasn't been totally smashed, but rumaging through the items will likely take a bit of time (say 10 minutes of systematic searching for the four of you). Do you wish to spend that time searching?



  17. #1337
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,117
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Unt'Chuck frowns.

    "My instinct is open door...but they say curious cats die ugly deaths," the half-orc explains with a shrug. "I open if you all say so. If not, shut stays shut."



  18. #1338
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    East Coast US
    Posts
    2,595
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Open it, but I wonder if you should remove the boards and then back up and draw your weapon. If possible, let's let whatever is in there come to us," Laera says. "Maybe we can draw first blood that way."

  19. #1339
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Arkansas, Central Time
    Posts
    2,175
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Yeah, let's not let that thing first blood on us." Ino agrees.
    "And make a hole so I can sling it first, I hope."


    “Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

    —The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

  20. #1340
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,117
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    Unt'chuck nods.

    "You! At door! Stand back! We help open," the barbarian grunts.

    (OOC: Abber, does it seem like we can smash a hole in this door, as Ino suggested? Or is it simply too thick for that sort of thing?)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •