Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC thread

Abberdaggus is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)

Default OOC thread

This is the thread for all Out of Character discussions. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Abberdaggus; 08-13-2017 at 01:20 AM.

Abberdaggus is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)

If you haven't done so already, make sure your character sheets has a small portrait of your character. I need them to make tokens for the battle maps. You can find loads of portraits to choose from on the internet made by skillful artists.

So I have a noob question How do you put a picture on your profile for the site?

It has been a while since I did it, but if you look at the top of the screen, there should be a "Settings" button. Look to the left-hand sidebar on that page - there is an "Edit Avatar" button - there you should be able to upload an image file as an Avatar.

Thank you it worked.

Hey everyone! Looking forward to playing with all of you and getting started! I'll be your primary healer and physician, but I can't promise anything about my bedside manner.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mar'ro- The Unquiet Lands
    Dwemmek Dwerrowfade - World of Chaldera
    Softhands - Curse of the Crimson Throne
    Fin "Cur" Forestson - Beyond Drachenward
    Qadan Yul - Arcanis

Hello Atlas. This is my first rodeo as a paladin. I am excited but nervous I will play out of the code of conduct.

ifreedman is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Blog Entries

Thanks. I'll try to get my character sheet done (or mostly done) tomorrow. Tuesday by the latest.

Blog Entries

Hi guys! I'll be the resident skill monkey/thief- or the halfling stereotype, if you will. Let's kick some arse and become great big heroes!

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Knoxly Guest Spider. Just visiting.

Default OOC thread

John Dowe's character sheet is 'completed' and ready for scrutiny.

The only thing I'll be adding will be the names of John's children. Perhaps their partners names and children's names, as well as the region of Korvosa in which they live. Perhaps some additional background info such as their career choices and the like.

Abber, If you would rather some of that be vague for future plot hook use or anything let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Danseredp View Post
    Hello Atlas. This is my first rodeo as a paladin. I am excited but nervous I will play out of the code of conduct.
    Well - a young hopeful paladin, unsure if he can live up to the high moral standards that is Paladinhood? Sounds like a good start to me

Quote Originally Posted by ifreedman View Post
    Thanks. I'll try to get my character sheet done (or mostly done) tomorrow. Tuesday by the latest.
    There is time. I'm working on my opening as we speak, and still have a few things to prepare. Let me know when you are ready to rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Knoxly View Post
    John Dowe's character sheet is 'completed' and ready for scrutiny.

The only thing I'll be adding will be the names of John's children. Perhaps their partners names and children's names, as well as the region of Korvosa in which they live. Perhaps some additional background info such as their career choices and the like.

Abber, If you would rather some of that be vague for future plot hook use or anything let me know.
    By all means, knock yourself out. I may have some use for them at some point, but in that case, I'm sure I can build on whatever you come up with.

Blog Entries

Do you have any suggested/available languages? The player's guide didn't have any info on languages.

RAW, elves have a limited list, but it looks like there are some local languages that are fairly common in Korvosa (Varisian, Taldan = common, etc.)

Apart from the standard racial languages (elvish, goblin, giant, etc.) there are two human ethnic languages that could be of interest, Varisian and Shoanti. The ethnic majority in Korvosa is Chelaxian, whose native language is common. Varisians are an indigenous semi-nomadic people (I think of them as a Pathfinder version of the Roma people), while the Shoanti is the native tribal barbarian people of Varisia. Without giving too many spoilers, I can reveal that you will have plenty of opportunity to interact with both peoples during the campaign.

Blog Entries

Thanks!

So is it a sub language of common or would it be it's own language?

Think of common as English and the ethnic languages as Dutch, French or Danish. To make things easy, we just assume that all characters know common, but that may not be the case for all NPCs. You can probably expect everyone in Korvosa to know common, most Varisians would probably also be familiar with it, but if you get deeper into the tribal hinterlands of Varisia, you may encounter Shoanti tribesmen, who have never learned the "civilized" tongue.

So if we have a int mod of 0 we can't get one of those or are we allowed to pick one dialect for free?

Default OOC thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danseredp View Post
    So if we have a int mod of 0 we can't get one of those or are we allowed to pick one dialect for free?
    I'm pretty sure, with an int mod of 0 you only receive common and any racial languages given. (i.e. Dwarves get common and dwarven)
    As a human you get common. But you are not restricted on any languages you can choose if you were to take ranks in the linguistics skill. I may be wrong, but I think the other races are limited to languages chosen?... need to check on that though.

Yes the races get their racial language and common if they have int mod of 0 would I get the same as a human with common and on the ethnic languages or would I need to take ranks in linguistics to get an ethnic language

Default OOC thread

You would need to take ranks in Linguistics to learn new languages.

My character (John Dowe) is human as well and with an 18 (+4) intelligence I start with Common (because my race is human) and 4 languages of my choice. At level 2 I will take a rank in Linguistics which will allow me to learn one more language of my choice.

My unsolicited advice would be; since you are a paladin and only get 2+(int mod) skill points per level, don't bother with Linguistics (unless it is a part of your backstory). The party wizard or rogue will have more points available and (in my case) will be more than happy to translate into common for you.

Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast