Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread: OOC thread

I've found it usually pays to ask those kinds of questions in tabletop games. I know, as a GM, I'm generally likely to say yes in those sorts of situations.

ifreedman is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)
    Blog Entries

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Unt needs to back up so we can surround the thing. otherwise it's going to take him down and then each of us at this rate.

Hold up- since the constructs had poison, can Ino go grab a tooth and stab the Frankenstein with it?
    Last edited by GhoulRising; 10-28-2020 at 07:59 PM.

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

—The law of Badger Lords”
    Brian Jacques, Lord Brocktree

Oh, I'll gladly do that, Ghoul. I literally did the opposite on purpose, though, because of how often some of the other PCs seemed to almost be dying in this dungeon so far. I placed my guy there to be a meat shield for you all, but if you all want him to move so that the creature can enter the room with all the other PCs, I'm happy to make that happen for you all.

Well, I've gone and plugged things up by blocking Unt'Chuck's egress back to the others, so isn't this a fun mess?

Well, like I said: if the group wants my guy to move, he'll move. That said, I left him there intentionally to shield you all at the outset. If the group doesn't want that anymore, just say so and my guy will move.

Blog Entries

I think you're good for now. You're the muscle. Do what your character would do!

Blog Entries

So Abber I can rip out the tooth and use the poison on the Frankenstein right?
    you never answered

“Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right."

Abberdaggus is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)

Damn....I could have sworn I already answered you in my head. For some reason, you couldn't hear that?

The answer is that nothing prevents you from trying, but your best guess is it most likely wouldn't work. Even if you can use the fangs as a poisonous weapon, this monster appears to be some foul creation stitched together from various body parts and mostly dead tissue. It doesn't bleed and it hardly notices when Chuck slices pieces off it. Also, it seems to be immune to magical effects. Ino finds that it is not unreasonable to extrapolate from that and assume that it might also be immune to poison.

Blog Entries

She's gonna try it, because otherwise she'll run out of ammunition before leaving a scratch at this rate.

Blog Entries

If you sprint, you can run at 4x your movement speed, right?

Seems like it is susceptible to piercing attacks? Galin only as slashing and bludgeoning, and well magic. I could try lighting it on fire, but that fire will also hit Unt'chuck.

That's ok. Burn it! Worse comes to worse, Chuck'll kick his burning butt backwards.

Abberdaggus is online now PbP Lvl.3 - reached 900 posts (Next Lvl.@ 2,700 posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ifreedman View Post
    (Abber: so Laera actually doesn't have precise shot because you allowed me to switch it to the ranged study feat so she can use her studied combat with a ranged weapon. But I forgot to fix it on the character sheet in that location, although I did put it into the weapon attack area.)
    Fair enough - I vaguely remember something along those lines, but failed to recall the details. Technically, the last crossbow strike didn't hit either, then - but we'll recognise it as divine intervention instead.

Blog Entries

So to get past Galin I'm assuming Ino doesn't need to do anything, but to get a chance to stab the abomination does she need to roll acrobatics or anything to get past Chuck?

Ino needs to get into a suitable melee position, e.g. AC30 or AC32. It's not a problem to get past Chuck - I'll allow her to cut the corner, so that she doesn't have to enter the monster's square. But she will have to move through its threatened space, which might provoke an AoO - she can make an acrobatics check to avoid this (against its CMD), but note that by doing so she can only move at half speed (during that move action). Tumbling through at full speed increases the DC by 10.

Blog Entries

I really hope that Ino kill the BBEG with that extra 1 hp of damage!

Blog Entries

Shes trying her best ok?

What's the capacity of the bag that Ino found? Can we put the alchemist lab in there, assuming it can hold more weight than one would assume?

Blog Entries

That's a good idea.
    I don't know much about craft alchemy in PF. I imagine that Laera could be pretty decent at craft alchemy if she puts in some skill points when we level up. I could put up to 5 skill points into craft alchemy for a total bonus of +12. But I don't know if it would be worth doing.
    Based on https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/craft/
    She could make stuff like acids, Alchemist’s fire, smokestick, or tindertwig, Antitoxin, sunrod, tanglefoot bag, or thunderstone.
    But I'm not sure if any of those items would really be worthwhile. Seems like putting points into crafting magic items might have better payoff if I really want to commit to doing it well.
    Or here are some more options.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/g...er-substances/
    Looks like crafting can get pretty expensive and time consuming, depending on what I'd want to make.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142