Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
Results 901 to 912 of 912

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

  1. #901
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Owen makes a mental note to investigate the "Cult Contracts" more thoroughly later, and to let Captain Steel know about the dwarf next time their paths crossed.

    He's ready to go!

  2. #902
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Mugraid casts Read Magic on herself and takes one more look at the contracts to see if this reveals anything for her. If nothing appears different she's ready to go. ((ooc: she is still able to use a Cure Minor Wounds and a Cure Light Wounds on anyone who wants it before we ride off but I'm not sure exactly where people are at now, so you guys should maybe ask her for that if desired))

  3. #903
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,651
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Mugraid casts her spell and looks to the contracts for any obvious indication of what secret the papers may hold. As this happens Owen and Aleisandra recall the strange blank note carried by the insane cultist Salrug.* They have plenty of time to discuss such things on their long walk back... which with all the injuries was far from pleasant.

    Each night Thrik continues to provide his magically enhanced salves and foods, slowly bringing the adventurers' back to full health**, following the pseudo-compass crystal about Owen's neck. The necromancer Rellyn, while disgusting company, keeps his head down and only seldom speaks. The priest speaks little for the first few days, but as he becomes more familiar with the adventurers he speaks more and more, eventually evening warming up to Mugraid. Towards the end of the fourth night, a few hours before the sun goes down, the Oasis just barely comes into view. With the encouragement of shade, cooling water, and fresh fruit the heroes press forward even past sunset to make the Oasis, fortunately in the same direction as Owen's crystal amulet.

    Our heroes begin to set up camp, weary from the long day, when the sounds of combat and loud splashing erupt further into the Oasis, towards the crystal clear water that maintains the Oasis. A faint cry of "Help" can be heard, although none can be certain how far away this combat is.

    ((Feel free, as usual, to do a little bit of digging into things even as I progress the scene. Do you investigate the sounds of combat? Or continue to make camp and get some good rest?))

    *I apologize, that little detail somehow slipped my mind to state WHERE they felt this was familiar from.
    **Everyone is fully healed, no encounters on the way back + nightly healing from Thrik (and probably Mugraid)
    Last edited by Zeros; 10-23-2020 at 09:31 PM.


  4. #904
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Never one to ignore cries for help, Owen rushes off to investigate the sounds of combat.

  5. #905
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Apologies, can I do a couple of things while we are traveling here still?


    For this encounter: Seeing the halfling start rush off Mugraid grabs his arm a moment. "Hm, could be more prepared I think. Big creatures like places like this, don't they Tegwch? Our skin gets thick but maybe you'd like stronger skin yourself Owen?" (If Owen is agreeable, Mugraid clutches an oddly shaped stick that she wears on a rope around her neck mumbles for a few moments, casting Barkskin on Owen)

    Lastly Mugraid casts Magic Fang on Tegwch for her bite attack, transforms into the desmodu hunting bat and flys at a height of 25ft towards the cry for help, with Tegwch following Owen. Mugraid will stop to evaluate as soon as she can get a view of what is going on in case at her height she can "see" (blindsense of 120 ft) what is happening before she fully arrives.

    Just in case we need this also Authentic Forum Dice-rollperception with Desmodu bat bonus - (1d20+13) (17) [30]
    Last edited by keldree; 10-25-2020 at 10:40 AM.

  6. #906
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Owen nods.

    "Yes, thank you, I suppose that would be wise."

    He patiently waits for Mugraid to finish casting her spell, then rushes off to investigate the noises.

  7. #907
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,651
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Travelling:

    Mugraid prepares a sack about Tegwch's neck with a few potions, a quick way to get aid across the battlefield. A new party means new preparations, one of which includes detect magic. She is able to determine minor enchantment magics over all the contracts, but over the blank pages there is also auras of illusion and necromancy. (I'll presume in this case that you take 20 on the spell since you really have plenty of time while travelling).

    Oasis:

    With a few spells cast and Mugraid comfortably wild-shaped, the party travels towards the sounds of combat. It doesn't take long to reach at their top speed, although Mugraid beats the others there. For those without darkvision or blindsense the shore is dark with the exception of a dying fire and the amulets about Owen and Akzuklir's necks. Scattered about the fire are two groups, one composed of two humanoids huddled over a third still figure whilst the other consists of several water elementals, alongside a human and a goliath, surrounding and harrying a large, slimy, many eyed lizard-like creature whose flesh glints sickly in the firelight. Its teeth and claws all appear as large curved daggers, and although the elementals seem to frenzy in its presence, it seems to have no target other than the Goliath and Human that strike it from either side.



    ((I'm rolling Initiative this time to save just a touch of time))



    Everyone is up except for Mugraid who only gets a surprise round due to being there before everyone else!

    Description of the battlefield: 3 elementals, a Ket(NPC), and Zanobi(player) surround an lizard-like aberration. 15 feet away is Ashuel (player), Lav(NPC), and Juurvek (NPC). 30 feet away on the other side of the fight is Mugraid, Owen, Aleisandra (and NPCs).
    Last edited by Zeros; 10-27-2020 at 07:09 PM.


  8. #908
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    The situation is not too hard to seize up for Mugraid, that monster clearly looks out of control. She charges into a dive on the monster and returns up to the air (25 feet) above the monster.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollcharge attack - (1d20+10+2) (12) [24]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+3) (1) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollfree action trip - (1d20+2) (18) [20]

  9. #909
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    One of the humanoids is a human, yet quite short and thin for his race. He has short black hair, carefully maintained facial hair and bronze skin. He wears an explorer's outfit and while it is evident, the combat has been going on for some time already and he is messy and quite bruised, it is still apparent he is a person very concerned and passionate about his looks and overall chic. With an adamantine rapier at the ready, he charges at the monster. Noticing those who approach, he makes a brief gesture, attempting to declare himself as non-hostile, thankful but also a little confused.

    Attacking the monster:
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (1d20+8) [25]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d6+1) [6]
    Characters:
    Zanobi Tarna

  10. #910
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,411
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Aleisandra takes careful aim at the aberrant lizard and sends a brace of crimson arrows streaking through the night sky; the projectiles trailing red-orange flames behind them.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 1 - (1d20+13) [16]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+9) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollForce Damage - (1d4) [3]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFlaming - (1d6) [4]

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack 1 - (1d20+8) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d8+9) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollForce Damage - (1d4) [4]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollFlaming - (1d6) [6]
    Active Character(s):
    D&D
    Aleisandra - level 6 Dark Elan Soulknife - The Altar of the Sleepless - GM - Zeros

  11. #911
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Looking at Lav and then Juurvek, Ashuel says "Keep him safe. If it looks like these things are going to get close, call out."
    With that, the brown-furred catfolk rushes forward with sword sheathed, drawing as he bears down on the nearest elemental.
    Catching the newcomers out of the corner of his eye, he calls out to
    Zanobi "I hope they are friendly or we are in worse trouble than before." He says, hoping they aren't raiders trying to swoop in on someone elses raid.


  12. #912
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    A slightly taller than average halfling with dark, curly hair pulls out a crossbow and aims at the lizard monster.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAttack - (d20+5) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollDamage - (1d6) [1]

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •