Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 906

Thread: The Shadow of a New Day

  1. #41

    Default

    Tears flowed from Annie's eyes as she felt powerless to help those she cared about once again, she felt she should be able to do something, she felt she used to be able to do something, she stood in front of Castus and extends her little arms to the sides as she shouted to the goblin "Hurting people is bad, stop you meanie!"
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

    www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P



  2. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Grayson attacks the hobgoblin again, and is somewhat surprised as the horse lashes out at the hobgoblin with its own iron-shod hoof. Both blade and hoof connect with the hobgoblin, laying it out into the dirt.

    The goblin behind Grayson squeaks out something in goblin, "NEED HELP!" as he stabs at Grayson his spear glancing off the paladin's armor. In response to the goblin's cry for help the Hobgoblin places a bolt right beneath the paladin's shoulder. It embeds itself deep into his side.

    Castus draws his longsword and brings it down on the head of the nearest goblin, cutting it down.

    The third goblin, recovering from the divine power that struck, picks up its sword and moves over to An'drye's side of the carriage and tries to pull her from the carriage... But a muddy boots slip on the carriage and it falls backwards onto the ground.

    Last edited by Zeros; 08-21-2017 at 08:36 PM.


  3. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,833
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Gah!!" Grayson cries out in pain, he allows his steely gaze fall on the creature that caused him this pain even as the Bolt that nearly felled him remains buried in his side. He urges his horse on and brings his blade down on the hobgoblin responsible for his pain. "This isn't the scorch of hell fire, this is the brilliance of the sun!" Grayson yells

    ooc
    charge action
    power attack 4
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (d20+7) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d10+10) [11]

  4. #44

    Default

    Annie crawls to the opposite side of the cart to get away from the goblin towards the area grayson was defending "grayson... you can do it!" she tried cheering with as much energy as she could muster, which appeared to imbue grayson with great power

    Adding Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 1d6 ) [2] to his damage roll
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

    www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P



  5. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Castus crawls across Annie to get to the grabbing goblin and sticks his sword in its face, and it falls down dead with the blade lodged into its skull. Out of a combination of horror and a feeling of success he turns around, "Did you see that?" Only to notice Grayson fighting the remaining two goblins, "Oh!" He scrambles out of the carriage, tripping over himself in the process and landing in the mud beside the dead goblin, he scrambles to his feet to try and help Grayson.

    Meanwhile Grayson fends off two attacks from the spear wielding goblin, turning his horse and charging it into the hobgoblin, nearly scalping the monster. It responds by dropping its crossbow and draws its sword, wish rings harmlessly off of Grayson's plate mail.

    Last edited by Zeros; 08-22-2017 at 04:18 AM.


  6. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,833
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "what? see what?" Grayson asks slightly distracted before he attempts to end the hobgoblin oppression

    ooc
    power attack 2
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (d20+5) [23]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d10+5) [9]
    Last edited by Grayson Tagger; 08-22-2017 at 05:27 PM.

  7. #47

    Default

    Annie keeps on trying to cheer for grayson doing little jumps and shaking her tiny arms on the air "grayson go! >.<"

    adding to grayson's damage once again Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 1d6 ) [6]
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

    www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P



  8. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Grayson's sword cleaves through both hobgoblin and goblin, leaving both to bleed on the cold ground. Castus pulls himself from the mud and rushes over to help... only to see that the paladin had made quick work of his targets. He mutters a few prayers of healing for the paladin, closing the worst of the wounds. "You don't seem... Ah... You don't seem fazed by this at all," the young priest says as the magic pushes out the bolt from Grayson's side, "Is this, normal for you?"

    Last edited by Zeros; 08-23-2017 at 04:03 AM.


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,833
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Grayson raises an eyebrow. "I hail from a Cleriok, there I come from a long line of Paladin's and have participated in more than my share of crusades. In other words yes, this is fairly standard"

  10. #50

    Default

    "Annie is just happy youre alright..." She gave a cute little smile and leaned on Castus for support, closing her eyes ever so slightly
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

    www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P



  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "Yeah, yeah..." the priest says trying to clean some of the mud off of his (formerly) pristine uniform, "So... Onwards I guess?"

    A few more days of travel and they pass by Marletown. From their perspective it seems as if there are several large fires currently raging. Goblins surge around, some fighting each other, some running, some being corralled by hobgoblins. Its all a big mess. "Well... That's not the sort of occupation I was expecting," the priest says.

    Annie's eyes spy outward and notice a few figures coming this way from the north... She gets a warm feeling, and although they are far enough off to not be able to really see or make out who it is she suspects she already knows.

    Grayson on the other hand sees a goblin scout on a warg. They match eyes about the same moment, the goblin in horror and Grayson with... (I'll let you fill that in)

    ((Roll initiative, the mounted goblin is about twenty feet away, keep in mind that there are a lot of goblins milling about currently)).


  12. #52

    Default

    "They... they're here!" Annie's eyes form a few tears of happiness as she only barely pays attention to what else was going on.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollInit - ( 1d20+2 ) [7]
    Last edited by DrakDarkstar; 08-24-2017 at 08:50 AM.
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

    www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P



  13. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,833
    Rep Power
    25

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Grayson goes first


  15. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,833
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Grayson urges his horse forward, bringing his sword down with as much righteous might as he can muster. He couldn't afford to allow the goblin to escape, or worse draw flunkies to his cause.

    ooc
    charge action
    power attack 2
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack - (d20+7) [8]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (d10+5) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollsneak - (d6) [2]

  16. #56

    Default

    Annie jumps from getting startled and hides, her aura giving Grayson Authentic Forum Dice-roll( 1d6 ) [5] to attack
    I am not responsible for the consequences of any failed saving throws, including but not limited to petrification, poison, death magic, dragon breath, spells or vorpal sword-related decapitations.
    I will however, be responsible of causing a TPK if you keep insisting on blaming me for your bad luck.

    www.youtube.com/c/RansHappyGamingFamily
    twitter.com/Ran_Yakumo_Kyu
    discord.gg/PtXHN5P



  17. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,833
    Rep Power
    25

  18. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    ((Sorry for delay))

    The goblin ducks the blade and takes off like a bat out of hell, urging his worg to hurry in the direction of the nearest pack of goblins yelling about an intruder.



    Grayson is up, An'drye wait until after the goblin so we can get the two of you on the same side of the turn.
    Last edited by Zeros; 08-25-2017 at 05:49 PM.


  19. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    2,833
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    "we need to get somewhere more defensible, we are easy targets here, and they will be back soon" Grayson looks around for a somewhere to stash their cart

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alaska
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Grayson and An'drye

    Stopping his charge on the fleeing goblin Grayson instructs them to find somewhere defensible. An'drye's quick eyes notice a small hill they could put their backs to just a little ways away, they should be able to make it there before the goblins rally any significant forces.


Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •