Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: GM Rolls Thread

Default GM Rolls Thread

Actually it's not a big deal if you peek.

I just don't want to keep posting in the Main thread for my rolls, then going back and editing for the outcome the rolls told me. I want to try writing and putting up the posts in one smooth go. Definitely more efficient.

You can check me for honesty, and mistakes, if you want. There are maybe times I wouldn't choose to tell you exactly what I'm rolling for (a Bluff Skill check, a particular spell, etc) because it can be difficult to keep separated your in-character and out-of-character knowledge, but you can make that choice. I do not want to petition a moderator for my own top secret password-protected forum. It is just a game...
    Last edited by magrat4; 10-01-2020 at 07:38 AM.

Taking a risk here but drafting my next post, to make it speedy.

ROUND ONE of Dock Combat, middle initiative, NPCs' turn:

Vanya already succeeded on his Use Magic Device DC 20 wand of color spray roll with a 21 (in post #244, last time I roll something like that prematurely)

GM saving throw rolls for ALL PCs (assuming all are still in range of a color spray cone)

Skie (at +3) Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (d20+3) [20]
    Thurok (at +0) Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (d20+0) [17]
    Mammon (at +4) Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (d20+4) [7]
    Flint (at +0) Authentic Forum Dice-rollWill - (d20+0) [11]

Tymmon will aim at somebody who is not on the ground after the color spray effect. He will be very reluctant to shoot Skie however (he is disguised as a bystander) and somewhat reluctant to shoot "Merric" whose performance he so enjoyed at the card table. He would prefer to shoot Thurok first, Mammon second if he had to choose, but does not relish shooting anybody.

Tymmon's spell attack Produce flame modified by his class ability to be electricity AND the Merciful Feat to be non-lethal Authentic Forum Dice-rollspell - (d20+3) [11] \

GOTTA GO SOMEWHERE

KORMAN’S INVENTORY:

GRAND TOTAL: 104,389 gear + Wealth 600 pp; 17,976 gp; 257 sp and 116 cp [Includes NEWEST profits split 6220 gp and 4 sp and 1 cp after drowfight]
    [Recent spending factored in: selling +1 spear and +1 crossbow, gaining +2 mighty fist amulet in exchange for +1 amulet;]

JACK'S STATS

LUCIANNA RUSTIN Level 8 Sorcerer (Efreeti Bloodline)

HP: 80/80 [belt of +2 Con MOD]

SAVES: Fort +11; Ref +10; Will +10 {belt of +2 Con MOD, +2 resistance to Saves from cloak} {+8 vs mind-affecting and immune to divinations from ring of mind blank} {INACTIVE: heroism +2 saves}
    AC: 21 no shield [+4 bracers armor, +4 Dex, +1 Dodge, +2 deflect ring, +1 more IF shield] (Touch 17, Flat 16)
    NEW: CMB +2 [BAB 4 -1 size -1 Str] and CMD 19, PERCEPT +8 , Stealth +8

OFFENSE

1) +1 conductive glamered repeating light crossbow SMALL SIZE: ranged (80 ft) d20 +11 [was +9], damage d6+1 magic bludgeon or pierce depending on clip of ammo (currently piercing) (crit 19-20 x2)

[Attack string: +4 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 magic {INACTIVE: +2 attack rolls heroism}]

[Bonus Damage: Deal additional d6+4 fire or lightning (your choice) if you expend 2 uses of your elemental ray bloodline arcana (modified by experiments) to activate conductive property ONCE per round)]

*AMMO 5 sharp bolts loaded, two cases of 5 blunt bolts and one case 5 sharp in backpack AND one clip of 5 grappling bolts (30 ft ranged grappling hook)
    NEW:
    one clip of 5 (sharp) icy repeating crossbow bolts (deal extra d6 cold on successful hit, then d6 cold for three more rounds on target's turn)
    *Free Action to reload a single bolt in a clip of 5
    *Move Action to substitute a new case of 5 bolts (Rapid Reload)

2) elemental ray (8 uses per day, USED 3) : ranged touch attack d20 +8, damage d6+4 fire OR electricity (Crit on 20, x2, 30 ft range)
    ["Attack string" of modifiers: attack +4 BAB, +4 Dex,
    {INACTIVE: heroism}]

3) scorching ray spell : ranged touch attack d20 +8, TWO rays deal 46+4 fire OR electricity (Crit on 20, x2, *45 ft range, NO SAVE)
    ["Attack string" of modifiers: attack +4 BAB, +4 Dex
    {INACTIVE: heroism}]

4) produce flame (bonus spell): ranged OR melee touch d20+8 thrown or d20+3 melee, damage 1d6+5 fire OR electricity damage (Crit on 20, x2, 120 ft range, NO SAVE)
    {INACTIVE: heroism}}

MAGIC ITEMS/BOONS

LUCIANNA’S INVENTORY:

WONDROUS

NEW: loot from solo half-orc face off pending (I have faith)

SPELLS
    Level 0: daze, detect magic, detect poison, flare, mage hand, mending, message, read magic, spark

Level 1 CAST 7 out of 8/day color spray, ear piercing scream, enlarge person, grease Reflex DC 16, mage armor, produce flame/lightning, silent image Will DC 16

Level 2 Cleric CAST 7 out of 8/day glitterdust Will DC 17, invisibility, scorching ray x2/electrifying ray, web Reflex DC 17

Level 3 CAST 4 out of 7/day fireball Reflex DC 18 x2, fly x2, haste

Level 4 Cleric CAST 2 out of 4/day black tentacles CMB or Escape Artist DC 19, dimension door, [**may cast Quickened produce flame, or Quickened cantrip]

ABILITIES
    1) Used 3 out of 8 Elemental Ray Quickened SLA (d6+4 fire/lightning, 30 ft ranged touch attack, Swift action)
    2) Used 1 out of 1 per day Manifested Blood (as an IMMEDIATE ACTION response to another PC or NPC's action surround yourself with an aura of electricity and gain total resistance 10 to that element and deal 2 electricity to melee attackers (without reach) for 3 +5 Cha modifier = 8 rounds)
    3) 12 Hero Points: Reroll a d20 once immediately on an Attack roll or Skill roll WITH A +8 TO THE RESULT (BEFORE GM announces consequences) OR reroll a d20 on a Saving Throw or Ability Check WITH A +8 TO THE RESULT (AFTER GM announces the consequences) and take the better result of the two rolls!
    NEW: ALTERNATELY, spend 2 hero points to avoid dying when HP damage or an effect would kill your PC or companion creature.
    7) Resist 20 fire, resist 10 acid
    8) Bonus spells: spark, produce flame
    9) +1 Dodge to AC and Bonus Feat Wind Stance: gain 20% miss chance against attacks if you move at least 5 ft that round
    10) SLA elemental ray is Quickened
    11) May substitute fire or electricity for any spell that deals elemental damage (fire/cold/electricity/acid/sonic)
    12) Gain 10 ft to movement speed, and when flying gain Perfect maneuverability (+8 to Fly checks, use instead of the built in +4 for the potions)
    13) Magical Lineage: produce flame is one level lower for metamagic Feats

CURRENT EFFECTS ON LUCIANNA:

1)
    Mind blank (ring) : immune to divinations (scrying, detect alignment, detect thoughts, arcane eye, etc) and +8 Will saves vs mind-affecting

2)
    ACTIVE negate aroma (cannot be located by scent, about 2 hours left)

3) ACTIVE: darkvision potion (0 left) : see 60 ft even in total darkness (no 20% miss chance in dim light), black and white vision only

4)
    ACTIVE: see invisibility potion (2.5 minutes left)5) ACTIVE: fly spell (+14 Fly checks with +8 perfect maneuverability, +2 size bonus, +4 Dex) (5.5 minutes left)

INACTIVE heroism: +2 morale to attack rolls/saves/Skill checks

NEW: FIRE ELEMENTAL GEM USED UP
    Last edited by magrat4; 11-01-2020 at 11:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Wow am I bad at this. Somehow the earlier rolls for Thurok and Skie which are SUCCESSES got turned into fails, and the Mammon and Flint rolls got hidden. Um try again?

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+4) [21]
    Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+0) [10]

CRAP. It is just too weird saying "Vanya made his Check in a post one day ago. Oh yeah, it totally happened and now I can make this post already knowing the outcome." It's kind of cheaty when you KNOW the result before you use a tactic.

Going to roll fresh for Vanya's UMD

Authentic Forum Dice-rollUMD - (d20+5) [19]

Well I'll be. Problem solved!

Just in case I need it:

Tymmon Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20) [12] + 3 modifier = 15
    Last edited by magrat4; 04-21-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Vanya doesn't want to get hit again...yeah, he's someone who would try to get backup to take out his attacker.

Tymmon Acrobatics Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [8] vs DC 14 to avoid Flint AOO
    Produce flame (electricity) ranged touch Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20-1) [19] vs Thurok Touch AC 12
    If hits, damage would be Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d6+2) [4]

Flint AOO vs Tymmon in case Acrobatics is a bust Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+5) [9] vs AC 13
    Potential damage (non-lethal) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d6) [5]

Probably getting too fancy here but Vanya will spend two Move actions to get over the rail and into the sand below, where he can wait and AOO anyone who follows him.

Vanya
    Acrobatics Skill (to avoid Attacks of Opportunity) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) [23] vs DC 18?

Mammon AOO in case he fails attack Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+8) [24] Damage Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d4+6) [9]
    Thurok (same) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) [20] Damage Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d12+6) [9]

Acrobatics Skill (to jump and land softly in the sand, less than 10 feet down, on his feet) DC 15 or else he is prone Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) [21]

Vanya AOO vs Mammon:

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+8) [22]

If damage, Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d6+2) [4]

Mammon gets to try to confirm his Crit against Vanya...

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+4) [11]

Something is off with that damage roll---1d20+9? Gotta be a mistake...OR NO, I get it, that was him trying to add his critical confirmation to the post after the initial submission...that's it! Silly forum messed that up.

SO I did NOT need to roll that "critical confirmation" and I can fix that. His 12 to confirm misses though, and I'll need this damage roll.

[roll]

Ha, messed that up. Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d4+6) [14] Okay there is falchion damage.

Tymmon Diplo (not sure we really need these, it's more RP at this point) but what they hey, better to have and not need...

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+6) [23]

Tymmon feels Intimidated and is cooperative for Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d6) [3] x 10 minutes due to Flint's check = 30 minutes

but in my head actually he was already being very open, RP wise. And he won't appreciate being threatened and might talk to authorities later, because he's a rich guy who comes from a privileged background, though he likes hobnobbing with the commoners for excitement, and he's a proud citizen and he knows his rights, darn it.
    Last edited by magrat4; 04-22-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Tymmon Perception to hear what Flint whispered to his friends (vs Core Rulebook DC 15 for overhearing whispered conversation)

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+7) [22]

DC 17

Skie (at +3) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+3) [21]
    Thurok (at +0) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+0) [3]
    Mammon (at +4) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+4) [21]
    Flint (at +0) Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+0) [17]

Probably should give everyone a +4 here so Thurok is up to a 7, the others are way over what they needed.
    Last edited by magrat4; 04-26-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Rhodal cure light wounds mass Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+10) [17] I think.

This rolls thread is getting lonely

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20) [17]

And I wouldn't want it to be too obvious whether someone is up to something, based on when rolls show up. Perhaps there isn't much I can do about that, but perhaps there is.

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20) [18]

::whistles nonchalantly::

Vanya's attack roll w/ shortsword vs Mammon

Authentic Forum Dice-roll(d20+8) [12]

Page 1 of 73 123451151 ... LastLast