View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blog 43: Writing and Reading

Loads of writers have said something like, 'For every 1000 words you write, go read 1000 words.' When I'm on a writing roll, I'll be like, 'No, why?' But then I do read something and OMG am I glad I did. Here's why for me, the big three:

1. Style--something hugely important to every writer, right? We're all trying to find our style or find a new one or refine our style. Style is what sets you apart as a writer. Like, you could probably pick Cormac McCarthy's writing out of a line-up ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Blog 42: Char DEVELOPMENTS

So, my favorite thing ever in anything is CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. And it's been happening all over the place recently, so I'm sooooo stoked!!!

Maolin
    Started as sheltered due to illness and removed from all people because of her parents, which gave rise to a lot of awkwardness and discomfort during social situations. She still makes mistakes, of course, but she's getting to know her teammates and becoming less afraid to act around them thanks to their friendship. So, AWESOME!!! ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blog 41

Projects
    This weekend I started on a new campaign project, another long term one, that's going to be one of my weekend writing writes^^ It's really cool because right now my job is world-building, which is honestly one of the most fun and creative things that you can write, right? Building worlds and creating people and places and history--and I've got carte blanche to let my imagination go wild. pretty sweet.

But, as always, working on my baby, Song of the Beast, the 5e Over ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Blog 40: Character Updates!

Maolin
    Got drunk, ahaha. Coulda seen that coming with zero Con bonus, but she had a promise to drink with a blacksmith that she had to uphold, so she has no regrets.
    And we've got our new party member! We haven't met her yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing how she interacts with the party.

Hildi
    Is having a blast at an impromptu party at an inn. She's earning a discount off her living expenses--maybe it'll apply to the others too? We're in downtime right now, but ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Blog 39

The WIP: So, in the total conversion of Curse of Strahd to Song of the Beast, 55% is complete!!!
    Although, the father forward I go, the greater the potential for inconsistencies. But, in terms of writing as opposed to true completion, inconsistencies in a first draft aren't always bad things.

Writer talk: As you write a piece, you'll get more ideas for it. And the cold hard truth is, your first idea is rarely your best idea. Inconsistencies are a divergence or complete replacement ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized