View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blog 53: Campaign Planning

I've been working on the setting to figure out the mystery part. That might sound kinda odd, but it worked for me--I've got the mystery! As well as a skeleton of the setting.

It's still going to be set on an island based on Taiwan, but the population is a little different than I'd originally imagined. The dominant races are Suli, Fetchling, and a psionic subrace of Human. None of them have access to any divine magic. The Sulis don't worship a deity. The Fetchlings are stranded here ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Blog 52: Character Updates!

Maolin
    Is getting ever closer to her next mission with the team! There are new people on the team, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how we'll work together^^

Hildi
    Just finished up combat where, maybe miraculously, nobody died. We've got a group of ruffians we want to send to the town jail, actually. But there's suspected retribution in the wings, so something to be wary of.

Taroko
    Is trying to help her friends Deceive this mother of a cultist. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blog 51: Campaign Planning

I've been taking a look at the sanity and madness tables for Pathfinder and Call of Cthulu and I don't think they're going to work. A lot of the effects that they list are real things, which can get tricky to rp for a lot of reasons.
    So, I'm not gonna implement any system like that, but I am thinking of survival-horror-type conditions that players can react to any way that they want (in line with their character). Like sleep deprivation, food deprivation, environmental conditions, etc. Who ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Blog 50: WIP

ALL CHAPTERS OF SONG OF THE BEAST ARE FINISHED!!!!!!!! Not the appendices, though. Still have about 46 pages of those to convert. And this is all a first draft, so pretty darn rough. BUT STILL. Eeeeee!!!

Pages converted: 212/258
    Progress: 82% complete!!!

As for the appendices, the first is a mini-adventure to take PCs from level 1 to 3 so they can go 'safely' throughout the Unknown, then there are the magic items, and finally the monster and NPC stat blocks. I imagine ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Blog 49: Campaign Planning

As I'm nearing the completion of the Song of the Beast total conversion, I've been giving lots of thought to a campaign to run during the editing process. Here's the homebrew I've cooked up so far:

If you've played Oblivion, you've probably played the Shivering Isles expansion. My idea is to draw heavily off the expansion and use Pathfinder and a madness system. I'm pretty sure Pathfinder has one, but if it's not what I'm looking for, I'll adapt the one from the Call of Cthulu mythos ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized