View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blog 68: Campaign

So far, I've been really impressed by the rp from the players. They're really going for it and that's just awesome!

But we do seem to be having some mechanical concerns. I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but I rely pretty heavily on checks even in rp. Mostly because:
    1. It's a very easy form of direct communication to me, the DM--I get a better idea of what the PC wants, so I can try to configure the information to that.
    2. Degrees of success help me keep track ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Blog 67: Character Updates!

Hildi
    Is on the way to deal with the ruffians that have been plaguing this town! She's hoping for a bloodless resolution, but we'll see.

Taroko
    Has finally, finally jumped out this window. We are finally on the surface! Praises be! That sewer was too close in allegory to hell, ahaha. Maybe we'll get to see our dragons^^.

Barker
    Has survived the waterfalls! We don't know where we are, but we're alive.

Sharlot
    Is prepping with ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blog 66: CAMPAIGN

I'm super excited because--whoohoo!!! The Wuxia Detectives campaign has begun!!!
    Being a detective campaign, an interrogation-lite encounter is about to occur.

The mechanic is:
    A memorandum interrogation lasts as up to as many rounds as the players have in level, after which you've fatigued your memory. The encounter ends, including the encounter initiative. You can continue to ask questions, but all answers are treated as fact whether they are or not.

Roll ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Blog 65: Campaign Planning

Most of my free time is in the morning and the evening--on weekdays, that is. So, what I'd like to do is to update my upcoming campaign at least once a day and maybe twice.
    Updating the fights will definitely have to happen in a block process because for the rp style of combat, we need:
    1. All the rolls for the round--just the straight up numbers
    2. Me to calculate the environment parameters--pretty easy once I've got the numbers rollv style. I've got an equation for it and some ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Blog 64: Character Updates!

Sharlot
    Is back in action! And it's new Sharlot, too. She hasn't finished the particular character development trajectory that she's currently on. Right now, she's suffering from withdrawal and sleeplessness, but the second condition is about to be remedied.

Yanxun
    Is trying to get this rod of cursing out of the hands of this brothel witch before she hits another fighter with it. There are only two of them still functioning right now, and Yan's about the furthest from ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized