Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the middle of nowhere

Hello folks,

I've come in search of a little gaming. I've played on and off for many years with a lot of different systems. Currently between where I live and my work schedule I am unable to commit to a weekly gaming group with a set time. I'm hoping PbP will allow me some gaming again. I've got a short list of games that I'd like to play ( * = Particular Interest ): Aquelarre*, Call of Cthulhu, Degenisis, LexOccoultum*, Shadows of Esteren*, Symbaroum, Trudvang Chronicles, Vaesen. Although I could certainly be open to others.

Anyway if you took the time to read this, I thank you.
    “Not doubt, CERTAINTY is what drives one insane”

? Nietzsche

Welcome, Orwell. Here, a little gaming you will find, though most of your preferred games usually don't pop up around these parts. It's mostly the big, extremely well-known systems that are being played right now, but maybe you can introduce the community to these alternate systems and get everybody playing them.

Comment

Hi Drew,
      Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do like stuff that's a little bit off the beaten path. I'm used to encountering the big name games wherever I roam, but I luck out time to time .

? Nietzsche

Comment

Well, if you're willing to run some of those obscure systems, Orwell, you just might find some gamers crazy enough around here to follow you down the rabbit hole and learn it.

Good luck, welcome again and happy gaming here at TTW!

Comment

It has crossed my mind once or twice. I have never ran a game though. Maybe I wouldn't need to memorize the rules playing by post? I've also thought maybe I should introduce a couple of these games somewhere on the forum. Several of them have quite a bit of content, I bet would appeal to some.
          Originally posted by Raistlinmc View Post
          Well, if you're willing to run some of those obscure systems, Orwell, you just might find some gamers crazy enough around here to follow you down the rabbit hole and learn it.

Good luck, welcome again and happy gaming here at TTW!

? Nietzsche

Comment

Oh, yes, the slower pace of PbP gives a GM time to go look stuff up and learn the finer points of a game system without really slowing things down.

Comment

Certainly something to consider. Maybe I'll try my hand at one of the rules light games..

? Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
              X