Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Ep1 Split Party: Fade & Vala @ the Hurling Heifer

  1. #11

    Default

    Fade, remembering her successes against the cultists in the past carefully moves to the closest one without incurring an attack from anyone else and attempts to slit his throat with a deft Kama strike and uses the momentum of the strike to carry a spinning roundhouse kick to his head.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKama - (1d20+5) [13]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d4+3) [6]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollKick - (1d20+5) [7]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d4+3) [4]

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,854

    Default Meanwhile, back in the Hurling Heifer...

    Fade's kama leaves a deep gash in the cultist, causing his blood to flow freely but not killing him. He recoils from the hit, inadvertently dodging the follow-up kick.

    Redlegs moves with amazing speed. Before you even realize what's happening, he has severed the head of the dragon dog on the left, stabbed in the back the cultist Fade just injured (killing him). He is now in front of the other dragon dog on the opposite side of the room from where he started, preparing to do it all over again.

    The dragon dog, however, lunges at Redlegs and latches onto his knife arm. As he does so, two more dragon dogs jump in through each window. [Meaning there are now 5 uninjured dragon dogs in the room.]
    The two on the same side of the room as Redlegs leap at him and slash at him with their claws while his arm is held in the first's mouth. Trickles of blood begin to run from his wounds.

    The other two move to attack Fade, who is standing out in the middle of the room.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack 1 - (1d20+2) [19] , piercing damage on hit Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d4+2) [5]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollattack 2 - (1d20+2) [17] , piercing damage on hit Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d4+2) [5]

    Vala flips the table with ease due to its light weight, which probably is the result of poor craftsmanship. Her first shot knocks the already recoiling cultist who kicked in the door completely off his feet, and he doesn't get back up. Her second shot is aimed at the dragon dog latched onto Redlegs's arm, but it flops around just in the nick of time and dodges the bolt.

    Three more cultists and a mercenary appear in the doorway, and there are sounds of shouting outside, indicating that there are probably more. All the visible attackers bear a torch in one hand. The mercenary stays just outside the door and seems to be trying to set the building on fire from the outside. The cultists all enter and throw their torches at the wooden walls and furniture. One of them crashes into the bottles of alcohol behind the bar, causing the whole wall to ignite.

    Redlegs calls out, "I'll hold 'em here! Get the women out!" Then, to the women he cries, "Take 'em through the private exit in the back!"

    Back to top of the initiative.
    Fade
    Redlegs
    Dragon dogs x5
    Vala
    Cultists x3 (probably more outside)
    Mercs x1 (probably more outside)
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-15-2015 at 02:10 AM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  3. #13

    Default

    Vala, taking steps backwards, facing the front door, waits for Fade to follow, laying covering fire.

    She aims and shoots twice one of the dogs that are on Fade, the one she has better view of.

    Fist Shot
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRangedAttack - (1d20+7) [14]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPiercingDmG - (1d6+3) [5]
    Second Shot
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRangedAttack - (1d20+7) [11]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPiercingDmG - (1d6+3) [5]


  4. #14

    Default

    ((OOC: Spending inspiration point on 2nd attack roll.. i roll once, keep the highest ))

    Second Shot
    Inspiration Second Roll
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollRangedAttack - (1d20+7) [25]


  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    I believe that both the dragon dogs hit Fade, and their combined damage would actually bring her down (unless she's got some trick up her sleeve I don't know about). Working on the assumption that she doesn't have a trick up her sleeve, we'll proceed. She can post and let us know one way or the other what's happening with her, and you can change your actions based on this knowledge.

    Redlegs grabs his longknife with his other hand and stabs the dragon dog gripping his arm through the eyes. He then backflips away from the other two dragon dogs (who snip at him but miss), landing next to the bar, which is as yet not on fire. There is a wet rag laying on top of the bar, which he wipes through the filth and liquid covering the bar and tosses the rag to Vala. "Wring it out in her mouth! She won't thank you for it, but she'll be glad you did!"

    The rag smells incredibly pungent, like it's absorbed lots of strong alcohol... and other fluids. [Wringing it out into her mouth or making her bite the rag will grant Fade 2 hit points, starting from 0 as per the rules about healing. However, these hit points will go away next time she takes a short or long rest. She will also suffer from the poisoned condition until she loses the hit points at the start of a short or long rest.]

    The two dragon dogs that were on Fade, as well as the two that had been attacking Redlegs before he moved away, all move to attack him now. He ducks under one that takes a leap to attack his head and slices its belly open as it soars over him. Two of them manage to nick his legs, while the last one winds up biting the longknife instead of Redlegs, taking 1 point of damage.

    Vala, do you want to change your planned action(s) for this turn? You could successfully move to Fade, drag her back to your table, and administer the foul-smelling rag without any rolls needed. A DC10 athletics check would let you drag her all the way back to the rear barricade where the ladies are waiting.

    Initiatives
    Fade (unconscious?)
    Redlegs (bleeding but still going strong)
    Dragon dogs x4 (all attacking Redlegs. 1 has been minimally wounded)
    Vala
    Cultists x3 (probably more outside)
    Mercs x1 (probably more outside)
    Last edited by Rellott; 08-15-2015 at 04:08 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  6. #16

    Default

    As the numbers of dragon dogs quickly increase Fade is surprisingly overwhelmed, and momentarily regrets her decision to stay, as she is set upon by the overwhelming numbers. She quickly falls to their attacks.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldeath save - (1d20) [1]

    If needed
    Last edited by ewokiller; 08-15-2015 at 04:51 PM.

  7. #17

    Default

    ((OOC: Ok.. change of plans! ))

    Vala catches the rug mid air and moves to Fade. She will move aside the cloth covering her face and place the rag on her mouth, puting her face cover back in place, to hold the rag.
    She then grab Fade and drag her to the baricade at the back.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollAthletics - (2d20b1-1) [3] (( Spent inspiration here, to be sure ))

    ((OOC:
    omg.. so i rolled 1 & 2 ??? ))
    Last edited by Kerilstrasz; 08-15-2015 at 08:49 PM.


  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    You at least manage to drag Fade back to your front-line barricade/table, and administering the rag causes her to bolt straight up, gagging. She is now standing with 2 HP and the poisoned condition, as per my previous post.

    The cultists move out of the door to stand outside the two windows, preventing easy exit through them. Their tossed torches have caught a table and a chair on fire in various parts of the room. They pose no immediate danger, but left unchecked the fire will likely spread to the other wood in the area - which includes the building itself. The alcohol-driven fire has now spread and is lighting up the bar that Redlegs is standing next to. The mercenary's torch has ignited one side of the door frame, and he now moves to ignite the other.

    Back around to Fade.

    Fade
    Redlegs
    Dragon dogs x3 (all attacking Redlegs. 1 has been minimally wounded)
    Vala
    Cultists x2 (outside windows; probably more nearby)
    Mercs x1 (at door; probably more nearby)



    Come join us on Discord!

  9. #19

    Default

    Fade, in shock from what has just happened asks no questions, but runs, bolting for the back door. Hoping to stay alive a little longer she leans against the outside wall after exiting the building and prepares to attack the creature or person that is not friendly to come through the door.

    Authentic Forum Dice-rollReady Kama strike - (1d20+5) [15]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rolldamage - (1d4+3) [7]

    ((OOC - little confused if this move will or won't incur an opportunity attack if it will let me know and I'll edit.))

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    It does not incur an opportunity attack. The women in the rear of the building go out along with Fade. The back door opens into a narrow alley that runs down behind several of the neighboring buildings. There is a locked gate. One of the women breathlessly explains that it opens out into a large plaza that would normally allow people to slip out into crowds without it being obvious where they were coming from, but that it would expose them to the cultists. She points down to one end of the ally and suggests trying to jump the fence there.

    Redlegs slices through one of the dragon dogs and stabs at a second one but misses. He tumbles away from the remaining two and the blazing wall and bar to wind up in front of Vala's table. "You too, missy!" he yells to her. Then yelling at everyone, "Everybody out! Especially you dragon-c**k-suckers! You can all go to the Hells and join yer mistress! I'm happy to send you there!"

    The two dragon dogs gasp, though whether it is in shock or anticipation/desire is unclear. They lunge at him, but he nimbly dodges both their impulsive attacks.

    Vala's turn.
    Fade
    Redlegs
    Dragon dogs x2 (all attacking Redlegs)
    Vala
    Cultists x2 (outside windows; probably more nearby)
    Mercs x1 (at door; probably more nearby)



    Come join us on Discord!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •