Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 851

Thread: Episode 1: Greenest in Flames

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,024

    Default Episode 1: Greenest in Flames

    For the past several days, you have been traveling a road that winds lazily across the rolling grasslands of the Greenfields. Within the last few hours, you wound up in an unofficial caravan of individual travelers who happen to be heading the same way at the same time. The sun is beginning to set, turning the sky a brilliant orange and red, when you top a rise and see the town of Greenest just a mile or so away. However, instead of the pleasant, welcoming town you expected, you see columns of black smoke rising from burning buildings, the flames blending in with the sky. You see running figures that are little more than dots at this distance, and a dark, winged shape wheeling low over the town.

    You see an emerald ray jab at the winged shape from the top of a spire-like tower, to which the shape (it's safe to assume it's a dragon) screeches loudly in pain and responds by emitting a crackling bolt of lightning at the tower - collapsing it into a massive pile of rubble - before wheeling around looking for more victims.

    Even if you can't manage to bring down the dragon, you might at least be able to help drive it away, save some townsfolk, and/or help if or when it leaves. What do you do?


    Current marching order is... Grim and Gara are side by side up front, while the rest are staggered behind in the following order: Erevenn, Fade, Torrin, Vala, and Mindartis.
    Last edited by Rellott; 06-07-2015 at 12:07 PM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  2. #2

    Default

    Vala halts almost forcing the half elf bump on her.
    "You HAVE to be kidding me.." she sais & adjust her hood to take a better look at the town.
    "A dragon? Ofcourse! Why would i thought this would be an easy task?.."


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hazelbrook, Australia
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Upon seeing the flames and smoke Mindartis has a flashback to another hill and another place in flames with a similar shaped figure. Then shaking off the memories he puts an arrow to his longbow and holds it in readiness,eyes scanning his surroundings.
    "I shall have my vengeance dragon!" he muttered

  4. #4

    Default

    Erevenn's breath catches in their throat. "By the Protector. I must go!" Quickly the elf hurries toward the burning town.

    Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Default

    Gara looks at it and curses, "Damnit! I'm not strong enough yet..." Gara quickly takes in his surroundings, trying to find a way to reach the dragon if he can.
    Last edited by Adonis53; 06-08-2015 at 12:02 AM.
    "I do believe in killing the messenger. Do you know why? Because it sends a message!"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adonis53 View Post
    Gara looks at it and curses, "Damnit! I'm not strong enough yet..." Gara quickly takes in his surroundings, trying to find a way to reach the dragon if he can.
    1: How far away are we from it?
    2: How high is it?
    3: How big is it?
    4: Has it noticed us yet?
    1. You're still about a mile away. If you all begin running at a steady pace, it will take you 8-10 minutes to get to town.
    2. It is flying around making sweeping attacks, never coming much lower than the roofs of the tallest standard buildings, so about 20-30 feet at its lowest.
    3. Based on a comparison of it to the buildings around it, you would estimate it to be between large and gargantuan. The light is getting dimmer by the moment and it's not exactly holding still to let you measure it. A perception check might help you narrow it down if you're really interested.
    4. No, it has not noticed you.
    Also, what are you saying you're not strong enough for? Simply not strong enough to fight a dragon, or not strong enough to fight your sworn foe? You might be able to infer that it's a blue dragon since it seems to have lightning breath, but you are not close enough to determine if it is the same one.

    As far as reaching the dragon, right now the fastest way is the road. The area is farmland and some shrubbery and small patches of trees here and there.
    Last edited by Rellott; 06-08-2015 at 12:52 AM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  7. #7

    Default

    Feeling a strange tug in his chest at the creature that currently was attacking the settlement. He rushes toward the city readying his magic for battle. The few that were making their way to the city would see a bright blur of red and orange running at full sprint.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattheus View Post
    Upon seeing the flames and smoke Mindartis has a flashback to another hill and another place in flames with a similar shaped figure. Then shaking off the memories he puts an arrow to his longbow and holds it in readiness,eyes scanning his surroundings.
    "I shall have my vengeance dragon!" he muttered
    You don't see anything of interest immediately around you, aside from your fellow travelers and some stones by the side of the road that look like a child arranged them into a smiley face.
    Last edited by Rellott; 06-08-2015 at 12:59 AM.



    Come join us on Discord!

  9. #9

    Default

    Specifically he's feeling that he's not strong enough to fight any dragon, let alone his sworn foe.
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollPerception - (1d20+1) [19]
    "I do believe in killing the messenger. Do you know why? Because it sends a message!"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    6,024

    Default Episode 1: Greenest in Flames

    You can tell that it is definitely a blue dragon and that it is huge. It is roughly the same size as your nemesis Lennithon.



    Come join us on Discord!

Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •