Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OOC Chatter [Episode 1]

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    I would think that that might just create confusion on the 95% of attack rolls that aren't crits (since statistically crits only happens every 20 attacks/5%). Have you seen it done that way and it work? How I've seen it done (and done it) in the past as a player was: once you post, check to see if you see you rolled a crit; if you did, go ahead and do another post really quickly with your additional damage roll - you can even label it as crit damage. That way has worked really well for me and the other people in the games I play in.
    The other way to do it is that you can simply have two damage rolls. One that is normal damage and the other that is crit damage.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxTheSwordsmanxXx View Post
    The other way to do it is that you can simply have two damage rolls. One that is normal damage and the other that is crit damage.
    I don't understand how this is different from what theskyvalker was suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanegeek View Post
    Simply, by the 5e rules, flanking is too easy to achieve. Without a robust battlemat and forced movement a la 4e, all characters are always flanking. The losers in this scenario are solo monsters, who are supposed to be the toughest. It flattens every battle tactically to "let's both stand by that guy" and promotes sameness in combat.
    Sounds reasonable. We won't use the optional flanking rules.

Come join us on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellott View Post
    I don't understand how this is different from what theskyvalker was sugggesting.
    Allow me to give an example.

Theskyvalker is giving an example like this:
    Attack :Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+3) [12]
    Damage: Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+1) [5]
    Crit:Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8) [8]

I am suggesting this:
    Attack:Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d20+3) [10]
    Damage:Authentic Forum Dice-roll(1d8+1) [5]
    Crit:Authentic Forum Dice-roll(2d8+1) [10]

That is really the only difference.

Or we just do the optional crit rule that past editions had: Double the damage.
    "I do believe in killing the messenger. Do you know why? Because it sends a message!"

Always adding in the extra roll is a lot of work that I know as a player I wouldn't want to do. I post from my phone a lot, and I know arcanegeek does too, and typing rolls in the phone is a pain. I like Adonis's idea. Would anyone be opposed to just taking whatever was rolled on the initial damage roll and doubling it (not doubling the modifier too, just the roll itself)?

EDIT: Hopefully we'll get an intro from ewokiller's Fade and mattheus's Mindartis tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll be posting the beginning of episode 1 tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Rellott; 06-07-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Come join us on Discord!

6. Default

No, I am okay with the doubling damage dice rule.

That sounds like a fine crit variant

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Don't know if maybe y'all haven't seen it because you're not subscribed or something, but I posted the beginning of episode one this morning. Let's get this adventure rolling!

Come join us on Discord!

Fade's skin appears black and dark blue to some, but white and gold to others

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Default OOC Chatter [Episode 1]

Haha!

Come join us on Discord!

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast