Thread: Site Technical Discussion

1. Default Site Technical Discussion

This thread is intended for discussion of site technical issues: posting idiosyncrasies, dice roller gotchas, etc. I expect it will be low-traffic once we catalog a few of the major ones.

Thank you for testing out thread creation, Palpatim. I would like to start this off by posting your die rolling template here.

Quote Originally Posted by Palpatim View Post
    It's nothing fancy. I copy/paste these into my post, and then edit as needed for situational values (escalation, combat advantage, etc).

One note: I use "rollv" rather than "roll" to ensure all die are reported and make it easier to check where values came from. Sometimes it's hard to see whether we apply the correct modifiers if all you get is a single number at the end of the roll.
    Code:
    Rogur - Initiative: [rollv]1d20+7[/rollv]
    Rogur - Sneak Attack damage: [rollv]2d8[/rollv]
    Rogur - Save (incl +1 for Human Perseverance): [rollv]1d20+1[/rollv]

####################
    # AT WILL
    ####################
    Rogur - Basic melee vs. AC: [rollv]1d20+8[/rollv]
    Rogur - Melee damage: [rollv]1d6+1[/rollv]

Rogur - Acrobatic Strike melee vs. AC: [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Melee damage. Escape any grab. Effect: Before or after attack, shift 1: [rollv]1d6+4[/rollv]

Rogur - Piercing Strike melee vs. Reflex: [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Melee damage: [rollv]1d6+4[/rollv]

Rogur - Sly flourish melee vs. AC: [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Melee damage: [rollv]1d6+6[/rollv]

Rogur - Sly flourish ranged vs. AC: [rollv]1d20+10[/rollv]
    Rogur - Ranged damage: [rollv]1d6+7[/rollv]

####################
    # ENCOUNTER
    ####################
    Rogur - Positioning Strike melee vs. AC: [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Melee damage, Slide target 2: [rollv]1d6+4[/rollv]

Rogur - Trickster's Blade melee vs. AC: [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Melee damage, +2 bonus AC (SoT): [rollv]2d6+4[/rollv]

####################
    # DAILY
    ####################
    Rogur - Go for the Eyes ranged vs. AC. (Not expended on a miss if hidden): [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Ranged damage, blinded, can't shift until Rogur's EoNT.  Aftereffect: EoE, whenever you damage target, takes −2 ATK, can't shift  until Rogur's EoNT: [rollv]2d6+5[/rollv]

Rogur - Go for the Eyes melee vs. AC. (Not expended on a miss if hidden): [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Ranged damage, blinded, can't shift until Rogur's EoNT.  Aftereffect: EoE, whenever you damage target, takes −2 ATK, can't shift  until Rogur's EoNT: [rollv]2d6+4[/rollv]

Rogur - Trick Strike melee vs. AC: [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Melee damage, Slide 1. Effect: EoE, slide 1 when Rogur hits.: [rollv]3d6+4[/rollv]

Rogur - Trick Strike ranged vs. AC: [rollv]1d20+11[/rollv]
    Rogur - Ranged damage, Slide 1. Effect: EoE, slide 1 when Rogur hits.: [rollv]3d6+5[/rollv]

####################
    # SKILLS
    ####################
    Rogur - Stealth: [rollv]1d20+12[/rollv]
    Rogur - Acrobatics: [rollv]1d20+12[/rollv]
    Rogur - Thievery: [rollv]1d20+12[/rollv]

Rogur - Bluff: [rollv]1d20+10[/rollv]
    Rogur - Intimidate: [rollv]1d20+10[/rollv]
    Rogur - Perception: [rollv]1d20+10[/rollv]

Rogur - Insight: [rollv]1d20+8[/rollv]

Rogur - Athletics: [rollv]1d20+4[/rollv]
    Rogur - Endurance: [rollv]1d20+4[/rollv]
    Last edited by Umiushi; 05-08-2015 at 05:41 PM.

3. Default

If you paste your character sheet and you want to preserve the roll tags you need to first post your character sheet and then use the edit function to add the roll tags.

Posts that are edited will not parse roll tags automatically.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

4. Default

All,

I visit this site using this bookmark: http://thetangledweb.net/forums/foru...-Unquiet-Lands

Lately when I visit this site I get an "invalid-redirect" error, and I am forced to click on the bookmark again.

If you are experiencing this too please let me know, I will investigate further. Otherwise I will assume that my computer is dumb, and I'll chalk it up to gremlins.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by malk0lm View Post
    All,

I visit this site using this bookmark: http://thetangledweb.net/forums/foru...-Unquiet-Lands

Lately when I visit this site I get an "invalid-redirect" error, and I am forced to click on the bookmark again.

If you are experiencing this too please let me know, I will investigate further. Otherwise I will assume that my computer is dumb, and I'll chalk it up to gremlins.
    This appears to be a problem with vBulliten configuration. Hopefully the site owners are aware of it and working to resolve.

I have been seeing a message like
    vBulletin Message
    Invalid Redirect URL (http://thetangledweb.net/forums/content.php)
    . . . whenever I log on for over a year now. I go through a different link, but I generally ignore the message and navigate to the forum as usual. It wasn't always like that, but I do wonder if it will be resolved any time soon. It was noted in the forums, but I'm not sure if there's been any attempt at resolution since then.

I am generally concerned about the invalid redirect, because I suspect that at its heart there's some compromised code. I imagine everyone here already here has some way to deal with it, like an anti-malware plugin such as an ad-blocker, but seeing the problem continue to manifest in different ways, it's time to explicitly warn everyone not to approach the site with an unprotected browser.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    I am generally concerned about the invalid redirect, because I suspect that at its heart there's some compromised code.
    Given the close proximity of this new "error" to the email problem of late this has me very concerned as well. It would be such a tragedy to be unable to use this forum anymore for security reasons. I use Chrome, which is pretty secure, but I'm not confident enough to use it on a known compromised site.