Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Worm Delve

1. Default

Yrisz looks nervously between Ialcesnesohat and Noxias.

“Am, Nox dear, I did rather think that Master Abtzhoszaka, may his soul be at peace, did introduce Master Ialcesnesohat has his representative, I think. His words were cryptic as always, but this is the key to this area, so it follows that it might belong here with Master Ialcesnesohat?” she says hopefully.

“With that said,” Yrisz says taking a deep breath, “I should explain my friends hesitation. You see the key was given to us by Pradize, who I now think might have be a historian of sorts. She wanted to have chronicled what kind of items Master Abtzhoszaka had been able to collect before the ransacking heathens upstairs got their crack at it, and risk that lore might get lost to all. I’ll admit that I had been quite interested myself, but when you Master Ialcesnesohat, spoke your piece about the fate of all that head that way, well, Nox and I decided we like our heads even better, and we at least have Master Abtzhoszaka’s story to tell, which is quite something. Perhaps a middle ground, if you show Nox the treasury, with the binding promise that he would touch and take nothing, then he would perhaps feel absolved of all responsibility to Pradize and would be willing part with key in good faith. With that said, I think we still prefer our heads above all else. So there,” she says look at Noxias, “it is said.”

“Also Nox, I rather thought you were extremely not wanted back by the Soliditas Magicalis, do you think that it is wise come back. You could return with me to Aucothia. My family is well to do, and could introduce you to many interesting people. I would promise a good life from that, as I do not want to rush away from loosing my head, to loose my head, thank you.”
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 01-28-2016 at 06:48 AM.

2. Default

"Yrisz, perhaps we can save this conversation for another time. Suffice it to say, I intend to exact my revenge, but we do have an agreement to keep with Pradize."

Nox looks to Ialcesnesohat, "What say you?"
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

Default Worm Delve Main Post #158

This is the one hundred fifty-eighth main post for Worm Delve. Players' posts in this thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, January 30th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, February 1st.

Noting that no one has caught up and returned the key to her, Ialcesnesohat halts her ascent and turns around.

"We know of the Sodalitas Magicalis and can take you to or near Esperie. We also know of Pradize. That thief purloined the key you now hold when she trespassed here, some time past. She is in no ways a historian. She seeks knowledge of this place's contents so that her current master will know what to pillage when he comes in force to take what she was unable to steal.

"An you see her again, you may tell her that even though our lord has abandoned his physical form, his presence, magic, and servants are more than sufficiently strong to defend this place. However, that is not necessary. The intruders who presently dwell on this island, their imminent deaths will be ample demonstration.

"Now that the key has come back to us, it must be returned or there shall be no further discussion. That is what we say."

4. Default

“Oh,” Yrisz intelligently says, “Little Pradize a thief. Well, in hindsight she did seem to possess a simply amazing lore about where we could find all the wonderful treasures in this area, which is in fitting with your presentation of her character Ma’am,” Yrisz says uncupping her hands to again present the key to Ialcesnesohat.

“Um, Master Ialcesnesohat, might I inquire to whom Pradize currently serving, please,” Yrisz asks.

Yrisz turns her attention finally her fey companion, “Mr. Noxias, I do know you’ve wished to return home for some time now and I admit this is as good an opportunity as any, but I simply must inquire if are you prepared to deal with those who’s feathers you ruffled when we last made our quick escape from those lands. I only ask because I fear that our bones maybe destine for a certain witches stew pot if we aren’t supremely careful about all this. If your answer proves insufficient then might I suggest some place where you can train and gain strength to deal with those who have so wronged you so? I hear that the Temple of Lighting Spear might prove a fine challenge which one my wet their skill by?”
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 01-31-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Default Worm Delve Main Post #159

This is the one hundred fifty-ninth main post for Worm Delve. Players' posts in either thread are due by 11:00 pm on Tuesday, February 2nd. The next main post will appear by 11:00 pm on Thursday, February 4th.

Ialcesnesohat glides down a few steps to pluck the key from Yrisz's hands before resuming her climb.

"Despite our warning, you heedlessly persist in questioning. Knowing will not do well for your fortunes," says her main skull.

"The one Pradize serves in this world is Brabizenik, styled the Unseen Claw. He is the son of Ormbizen, who was the son and heir of Byzanth, the first and greatest dragon who clawed his way through the Primal Chaos to enter the mortal world when it was newly shaped. Brabizenik lairs in this very valley, and if you did not know that, then his moniker of the Unseen Claw is apt," replies the masculine-voiced right-hand skull.

"He can divine who knows of his existence and now you do. It may be that you will not come to a good end. Of course, should he unwisely persist in troubling this place, it is he who will perish and you who will have no need to worry," resumes the central head.

Halfway up the steps there is a landing. The next flight of stairs ends directly at the entrance of another large chamber. Its walls, floor, and ceiling are carved out of pale, yellow stone. Six floating crystal orbs, each about a foot in diameter, illuminate the room with fiery orange light. There is a distinct smell of burning pork tallow, but it's not clear whether it comes from the orbs or some other source.

The room is dominated by a large pit and a staircase, also of stone, that leads down to its bottom. Standing in front of these stairs is a tall, four-limbed skeleton wearing a suit of bright mail. Each arm ends in a hand wields a curved sword. The skeleton stands perfectly still, its arms fanned out around it.

Between the pit and the entrance, there is a slab of gray stone resting atop the backs of four larger-than-human-sized skeletons, their bones cracked and ground down from the apparent weight of their burden. On top of this table rests a small, patina-encrusted bronze cauldron surrounded by four kidskin bags arranged equidistantly around it. There are no chairs around the table.

Ignoring the stone slab, Ialcesnesohat approaches the four-armed skeleton, which sheathes one of its blades and withdraws a handful of tiny vials from the pouch at its side. Ialcesnesohat takes these vials into her hand and turns back around, speaking through her center skull again.

"Now, you spoke of two separate destinations: the demesne of the Sodalitas Magicalis and the Temple of Lightning's Spear. We can send you to either place, but bid you choose promptly."

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ithelryn View Post
    “Oh,” Yrisz intelligently says, “Little Pradize a thief. Well, in hindsight she did seem to possess a simply amazing lore about where we could find all the wonderful treasures in this area, which is in fitting with your presentation of her character Ma’am,” Yrisz says uncupping her hands to again present the key to Ialcesnesohat.

“Um, Master Ialcesnesohat, might I inquire to whom Pradize currently serving, please,” Yrisz asks.

Yrisz turns her attention finally her fey companion, “Mr. Noxias, I do know you’ve wished to return home for some time now and I admit this is as good an opportunity as any, but I simply must inquire if are you prepared to deal with those who’s feathers you ruffled when we last made our quick escape from those lands. I only ask because I fear that our bones maybe destine for a certain witches stew pot if we aren’t supremely careful about all this. If your answer proves insufficient then might I suggest some place where you can train and gain strength to deal with those who have so wronged you so? I hear that the Temple of Lighting Spear might prove a fine challenge which one my wet their skill by?”

"You make a good point." Nox sighs, cupping his chin. "Lets be done with this key and take our leave to Byswell Town. You can manage that, yes Ialcesnesohat?"
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

7. Default

Yirsz looks to Noxias thoughtfully.

“I'm quiet worried about my friend Bieiriz, but she quite explicitly did not want me anywhere near Lighting Spear which is where she was heading, and well, returning to Beilston has some supreme hazards that C. warned us of. I wasn’t overly fond of having to return to the intrigues of the unseelie court having left it so recently with some of its powerful members a bit burt by us, so Byswell does seem to be the best place to regain our wits about us. I would simply love to go home, and it might be the prudent answer with the new antagonist we may have acquired for he would at least have to practice some reach to get us. I fear there are complications to Byswell plan that you haven’t divined yet dear, but overall I agree of the choice, I think. It allows us to continue unwinding the strands we have been pulling upon. It might even come with a nice bath and cleaned cloths too boot, which is rather a plus in my book. So yes, Mistress Ialcesnesohat do you think Byswell is one of the option for delivery for us?”
    Last edited by Ithelryn; 02-07-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Default Worm Delve Main Post #162

This is the one hundred sixty-second main post for Worm Delve. Players' posts in this thread are due by 11 pm, Saturday, February 13th. The next main post will appear by 11 am, Monday, February 15th.

"Byswell, now? The existence and location of the teleportation circle in Byswell is not widely known in the current era, but we can do this, yes." With reagents in hand, she leads the way down the stairs into the pit. There in its center is a pentagram circumscribed by a circle. This pentacle is ringed with the unfamiliar runes that decorate all such circles and then further bounded by an outer circle. The entire diagram is constructed out of a sparkling, gray metal. The four walls of the pit are covered top to bottom in scrawled common letters and symbols written in that weird, curving graffiti-like script.

Ialcesnesohat sets to work, covering some inscriptions and adding others. As she works, a sweet, candy-like smell rises to compete with the awful tallow odor of the chamber. A vertical pane of berry-pink light descends from the top of the pit, bisecting the circle and slowly spinning. It passes through Ialcesnesohat's body, but she pays it no heed. After several minutes of work, she straightens up and steps out of the circle, facing it.

"We are Ialcesnesohat and Ialcesnesohat is our sigil. The rites are complete. There are those who would gather under the next beacon's light, so let that gate of the ancient passage be opened. By the Trichiliocosmic Sign, being Clarified Shadow Under Furthest Sky, the link of this portal is established."

There is a clanging noise, sounding like two hollow metal objects knocking together. The cerise colored wall of light melts away while tongues of phantasmal fire course over the modified inscription between the two circles. A flickering image forms in the center. It reveals a rocky, natural landscape. The linked teleportation circle must be out in the open air.

The vision is tinted in dark olive tones, making it impossible to discern the surroundings beyond a few yards. What they reveal is a ground devoid of grasses, but many small, flowering bushes are evident. Lone rocks and small boulders are also present in abundance. There is a man seated on one.

He is wearing formal robes of the sort a rebus or sacerdote might sport in public. Other than being clean-shaven, his appearance calls to mind a storybook wizard. A staff that looks both decorative and functional is propped against the stone he is seated on, and he is currently occupied with sucking on a wooden pipe with a nearly vertical curved stem. Noticing the portal's activation, he gets up and lowers the brim of his wide hat to cover his face, as if to shield his gaze from glare.

"There is Byswell, your destination. Go! An you are fortunate, we will never meet again," says Ialcesnesohat, pointing to the center of the circle.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 02-12-2016 at 04:25 AM.

Default Worm Delve Main Post #163

This is the one hundred sixty-third and final main post for Worm Delve. Players' posts are due by 11:00 pm on Tuesday, February 16th. The next main post will appear in the discussion thread by 11:00 pm on Thursday, February 18th.

Without further prompting, Yrisz and Noxias quickly step into the ghostly flames. It's different from the last experience. There is no sense of hanging between places, no lost thoughts or unbidden feelings, but this time there is a physical resistance at the boundary. It has the feel of a soft membrane that gives way and then bursts as it's pushed through. It splatters outward in a spray of oily, dark blue liquid that stains the circle and ground on the other side.

A chilly breeze blows across their faces, carrying the fresh, welcoming scent of pungent herbs and wildflowers. In the distance beyond the man who stands in front of you, jagged mountain peaks tower under an overcast sky, the tallest ones sheathed in ice. A precipitous sketch of a path winds down into the valley below, where long, serpent-like clouds drift over a nearly black forest canopy. Behind the pair, the wavering image in the circle shows the fishbowl view of the three-headed skeleton Ialcesnesohat turning her back and soundlessly ascending the stairs of the pit. She exits the field of view.

Four adventurers set out to claim the lost trove of Izzmarg. One perished and one is now missing in a stormy void. Along the way, they met a mercenary at the entrance and left him to find his own way in its depths.

As Pradize warned, the hoard was far from abandoned. Numerous malevolent and alien foes lurked in the underground passages, which rearranged themselves of their own accord. There were indeed riches to be had, treasures both valuable and magical. Still, the mystery of the fortress remains, cloaked in the obscure phrases of Abtzhoszaka, the ancient lich who somehow took his audience with the two remaining adventurers as a sign to at last leave behind his physical shape after a span of time that can only be guessed at.

It was a place that took a costly toll, but for Yrisz and Noxias, it was not without its rewards. Perhaps the greatest reward is the chance to take another living breath in the daylight of the surface. There is sadness aplenty, but also the relief that comes from seeing the road firmly ahead, under the open sky, and far removed from the sightless domain of the worms.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910