Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chat Calendar

1. Default

Hi Umiushi,

I know it's a bit early, but I know I will be unavailable for chat games between 11-Jul - 18-Jul.

--T

Palpatim's announcement reminded me to check my summer schedule more thoroughly. Unfortunately, it turns out that I will be busy for the rest of June and the first three weekends in July. Although I do not expect the pbp game will not be greatly impacted, the chat games will have to be canceled.

At this point in time, I expect the next Confirmatio Ex Opus session to occur on Sunday, July 26th. The next Wings Over Rokkasho session will occur on Saturday, August 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    At this point in time, I expect the next Confirmatio Ex Opus session to occur on Sunday, July 26th. The next Wings Over Rokkasho session will occur on Saturday, August 1st.
    Confirming for both upcoming sessions! This is where I confirm, right?

Quote Originally Posted by sutureself View Post
    Confirming for both upcoming sessions! This is where I confirm, right?
    Here is fine. So is the thread for the game or contacting me via private message.

Enough players have confirmed that the July 26th session is a go. Thank you.

Blog Entries

I'll confirm here, as well! Thanks for the reminder.

Default Spring 2015 Archiving

Please remember that the updated calendar is always this first post: http://thetangledweb.net/forums/show...376#post782376

Here is the record of this past spring's chat games:

Spring Schedule

• Sunday, March 22nd: Dispositio Diabolum "Confirmatio ex Opus" - canceled
    • Saturday, March 28th: Feng Shui "Wings Over Rokkasho" - canceled
    • Sunday, April 5th: Dispositio Diabolum "Confirmatio ex Opus" - canceled
    • Saturday, April 11th: Feng Shui "Wings Over Rokkasho" - "The law is inside out. The world is upside down." -- Inspector Javert (Les Miserables musical, 1980, "The First Attack")
    • Sunday, April 19th: Dispositio Diabolum "Confirmatio ex Opus" - "We must know, and we will know!" (David Hilbert, 1930)
    • Saturday, April 25th: Feng Shui "Wings Over Rokkasho" - And like a flaming furnace stare his eyes; (from the Aeneid, Book Six, circa 25 BCE, by Virgil)
    • Sunday, May 3rd: Dispositio Diabolum "Confirmatio ex Opus" - "What's needed isn't sacrifice and dedication, it is information and countermeasures." -- Vert Far Breton (Dog Days'' television series, 2015, episode eleven)
    • Saturday, May 9th: Feng Shui "Wings Over Rokkasho" - "My duty is to provide onsite assassin monitoring, all in the name of killing you." -- Karasuma Tadaomi (Assassination Classroom television series, 2015, episode three)
    • Sunday, May 17th: Dispositio Diabolum "Confirmatio ex Opus" - Strength and might and craft were in their works. (from Theogony, circa 700 BCE, by Hesiod)
    • Saturday, May 23rd: Feng Shui "Wings Over Rokkasho" - You're gonna meet some gentle people there. (from San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair), 1967, lyrics by John Phillips)
    • Sunday, May 31st: Dispositio Diabolum "Confirmatio ex Opus" - "I myself have no existence; I am but a dream--your dream, a creature of your imagination." -- Satan (from The Chronicle of Young Satan, 1900, by Mark Twain, 1916 Albert Paine compilation)
    • Saturday, June 6th: Feng Shui "Wings Over Rokkasho" - "It's always easy to deny the things we dislike. The important thing is whether you're able to step beyond that without running away." -- Watanabe Mio (Tesagure! Bukatsumono Encore TV series, 2014, episode 12)
    • Sunday, June 14th: Dispositio Diabolum "Confirmatio ex Opus"

Old Due Dates

• Friday, March 20th - last day to confirm for the March 28th Feng Shui game.
    • Saturday, February 14th - opening the calendar month of March for player confirmations and absences
    • Saturday, March 28th - last day to confirm for the April 5th Dispositio Diabolum game.
    • Friday, April 3rd - last day to confirm for the April 11th Feng Shui game
    • Saturday, April 11th - last day to confirm for the April 19th Dispositio Diabolum game.
    • Friday, April 17th - last day to confirm for the April 25th Feng Shui game.
    • Saturday, March 21st - opening the calendar month of April for player confirmations and absences
    • Saturday, April 25th - last day to confirm for the May 3rd Dispositio Diabolum game.
    • Friday, May 1st - last day to confirm for the May 9th Feng Shui game.
    • Saturday, May 9th - last day to confirm for the May 17th Dispositio Diabolum game.
    • Friday, May 15th - last day to confirm for the May 23rd Feng Shui game.
    • Saturday, April 18th - opening the calendar month of May for player confirmations and absences
    • Saturday, May 23rd - last day to confirm for the May 31st Dispositio Diabolum game.
    • Friday, May 29th - last day to confirm for the June 6th Feng Shui game.
    • Saturday, June 6th - last day to confirm for the June 14th Dispositio Diabolum game.
    • Saturday, May 16th - opening the calendar month of June for player confirmations and absences
    • Saturday, July 18th - last day to confirm for the July 26th Dispositio Diabolum game.
    • Saturday, June 20th - opening the calendar month of July for player confirmations and absences

8. Default

Hi Umiushi,

I am confirming for the 23-August Dispositio Diabolum game.

--T

Default New Sunday chat game for summer 2015

Here is the list of games for consideration in the Sunday chat game slot. This is a rough list from a year ago, so I will update it over the next few days.

• Dungeons and Dragons - This is the most common system we use, and there are always multiple scenarios ready to be played in it.
    • Far Eastern Wonderland - a fantasy with eastern and western elements based directly on the open-source multimedia Touhou Project**, using a custom, hybrid rules system
    • Feng Shui - fantasy with martial arts and super-science in contemporary Japan and not using the "Secret Wars" standard setting for the game
    • Maid - anachronistic contemporary fantasy-comedy
    • Homebrew Transhumanist Space Opera (name to be determined) - Provisionally, players are responsible for many different "modes" for their character. We will probably test this out in a modular fashion, with various scenarios that deal exclusively with a single mode.
    • Mekton Zeta - mecha science fiction, not using the standard setting
    • Star Frontiers: Alpha Dawn - planetary romances: science fiction focusing on inter-character encounters, not using the standard setting
    • Star Frontiers: Knight Hawks - space opera: science fiction focusing on inter-spaceship encounters, not using the standard setting
    • Tenra Bansho Zero (All Things in Heaven and Earth: Zero) - planet-bound eastern and some western fantasy/science fiction, plus mecha, mostly using the standard setting

Italicized games are ones I would prefer we held off on until the space opera game is dealt with.

Open-source versions of many of the games are freely available. For games without freely obtainable rules, I am willing to conduct the games with enough information players to participant.

Here is the current list of available adventures.

• Dungeons and Dragons
      • Dispositio Diabolum 7: Refutatio - There is a lot of flexibility as to when and where this final third of the campaign starts for the party, but it will involve a lot of tying up of loose ends concerning Maubpin, the Flamehearts, and possibly others such as Countess Riam or Taezcoyo the Fomorian. In the meantime, you can be sure the Dread Lord will be falling back on the last avenue of invasion left open to him. (level 14 characters)
      • Istao Mission Adventure 3: "The Orc of the West" - On the Canbir frontier, the party meets Horlong Jonders, a ranger obsessed with hunting down a particular band of mercenaries. (level 3 characters)
      • Romance of a Fallen Country 3: "Addadun at the Boundaries" - A foul curse of undeath pervades Addadun like a miasma. The power of a Territory Lord could dispel it, but the symbol of authority needed to instate one has long been missing. (level 3 characters - this would probably be a campaign restart since DiscipleofYawgmoth is the only returning player and missed the conclusion of "Addadun Above and Below")
      • Hecilac 1: "In the World's Twilight" - Hecilac is a major saga about a divine struggle, consisting of seven adventures, across all three tiers of play. The first adventure concerns the PCs' travails in the wake of a great calamity. (level 1 characters and an early neolithic setting)
      • Edicts Pertaining to Heaven 1: "Stormy Waters Cannot Mirror the Sky" - This is the first of two adventures in a setting based on 16th century Japan and the "Rivers and Lakes" of Chinese martial arts fiction. In a time of anarchy, sects both martial and mystic strive to grasp the mandate of Heaven. (character levels from 19 to 29, based on player input)
      • Edicts Pertaining to Heaven: "Dream a Gift for You" - Lurking at the island frontier, a secretive cult invites the wrath of the empire with its teachings. (a story of war, politics, and magic for character levels 1-30, based on player input)
      • Memories Remain 2: "The Long Night of Sehanine" - The party returns to Sapphire in time to witness divine intervention and pay the price for doing so. (level 29 characters, the sequel to "Time of Torment")
      • Memories Remain Side-Story: "Do You Remember?" - The inhabitants of Sapphire are thrown into the final battle of a war that began long before the city-state was founded. This would have been the adventure if I had realized at the outset the party would start in Sapphire instead of Icnear. (character levels 18-24, based on player input)

• Far Eastern Wonderland
      • Five Improbable Quests 1b: "Jigoku Legend" - The First Wondrous Legend, if the party had passed by the ruined shrine instead of dueling the Erudite Demon Eyes. (more FEW prototyping, possibly introducing feats and other changes as well as the main villain of Demon Charm Chronicle)
      • Five Improbable Quests 2: "Demon Charm Chronicle" - An invasion of monsters from the shores of Makai soon leads the characters into the Land of Fantasy's own fantasy world. (the sequel to First Wondrous Legend, adapted from the Story of Eastern Wonderland)
      • Mist, Snow, Moon 1: "Sunless Summer's Paradise" - Some years after the First Wondrous Legend, a dry red fog descends upon the land, blocking out the sun. It heralds the return of the Land of Fantasy's most fearsome predators. (abandoning Five Improbable Quests for a sequel campaign; adapted from the story The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil)
      • TBD - By request, I can start work on a FEW adventure that is not adapted from any existing story. Chronologically, it would be set a few years after the last adventure of the Mist, Snow, Moon campaign would otherwise take place.

• Feng Shui
      • Old, Dark Road 3: "No Outlet Beyond" - The conclusion to the campaign: it's not about shutting the gates of Hell; it's about making any of the damned think twice before crossing the threshold.

• Maid
      • "Four Hundred Ninety-Five Years in Scarlet" - The mistress's younger sister is having her birthday party and the status of your employment will be determined by how well it goes. (adapted from The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil and running parallel to the adventure "Sunless Summer's Paradise")

• I suggest putting off the following science fiction adventures in favor of the transhumanist space opera below, if there's interest.
      • Mekton Zeta
        • Second Starlight - A subluminal colonization fleet encounters squatters from the future at its destination. (space opera influenced by A Deepness in the Sky, Crest of the Starfield, the Girl Who Leapt through Space, Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, Macross Frontier, and Mobile Battleship Nadesico)

• Star Frontiers
        • "Radiant Skies" - Pluck the gem from the grasp of an enemy outpost, deep inside an emission nebula. (space opera focusing on a ship-to-ship encounters, mainly employing Knight Hawks rules)
        • The Turning of Night - A silent act of planet-wide terrorism is encountered in progress, too late to be stopped, but not too late to be challenged. (planetary romance mainly employing Alpha Dawn rules)

• Tenra Bansho Zero
        • "Three Sisters' Destiny" - Three sibling armor riders come of age. One vanishes, but many factions vie to possess the remaining two. (a mostly cloak-and-dagger story concerning the disposition of some of the strongest military assets the world of Tenra Bansho has to offer)

• Transhumanist Space Opera (to be named)
      • "Hathor's Leap" - Spoon, the orbital tether servicing the planet Fiddler's Green, holds a secret. It's just a matter of forcing someone to remember what it is. (a playtest for game mechanics related to individual characters)

As before, I would also like to inquire about the nature of adventures that players are interested in:

• Do you want to continue with adventures that focus on heroic, narrative storylines. (These are primarily what we've been doing up to this point and most of the above list follow that mold.)
    • Do you want an adventure that focuses on combat? (Suggestion: "Radiant Skies")
    • Do you want an adventure that focuses on intrigue? (Suggestion: "Three Sisters' Destiny")
    • Do you want an adventure that is more like a mystery? (None currently listed.)
    • Do you want an adventure that is more like an old-fashioned dungeon exploration? (None currently listed.)
    • Do you want an adventure that focuses on political dealings? (None currently listed.)
    • Do you want an adventure that has a stronger risk of character death? (Suggestion: "Exit Visa")
    • Do you want a lighthearted, comedic adventure? (Suggestion: "Four Hundred Ninety-Five Years in Scarlet")
    • Do you have other sorts of requests for adventures?
    Last edited by Umiushi; 08-23-2015 at 01:31 PM. Reason: update for current decision

The previous post has now been edited to reflect the current list of available games. Games not on the list may certainly be proposed, but should I won't start working on them until there is a general agreement to proceed, unless they really catch my fancy. Currently, prototyping the transhumanist space opera game is being proposed as the replacement for Confirmatio Ex Opus on Sundays. It will be the official replacement unless a new consensus is reached by August 29th. Also, please keep in mind that a replacement for Wings Over Rokkasho on Saturdays will need to be discussed soon.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 08-23-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast