Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion

Default General Discussion

Use this thread for comments peripherally-related to The Unquiet Lands games. Chatting between players will be allowed. I ask that observers constrain their posts to those related to the game.

2. Default

...and my axe!

I finally made it!

Good to see you here, Disciple! The Chat Calendar is now updated with your Tangled Web username.
    Last edited by Umiushi; 05-02-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Default Permanent deletion of old forum

I would like to reach a consensus regarding the permanent deletion of the old sub-forum at our former site. Currently, it's locked and private, for the most part. I am 90% sure I can permanently delete it, but this will only be true as long as I have account privileges at the site. Given the changes that are currently underway there, I don't really know how long that state will last, but if I had to guess, I would say through the end of 2015.

Currently, I have all of the posts archived. Most of the formatting is not preserved, but all of the text is. In addition, I have all of the images I have ever posted on the sub-forum archived, including every iteration of every map, but this doesn't apply to images anyone else posted there.

If we decide not to delete the sub-forum, then the information will remain accessible unless and until the site itself is deleted by the administration or otherwise moved outside my control.

If we decide to delete the sub-forum, we will lose the genuine record of our activity there, though that may still be lost if the site itself goes away. We will lose some formatting and pictures posted by anyone other than myself, unless other people have archived the information. I of course will be more than happy to provide the old information to this present site in condensed form, but I don't intend to replicate all 9,500 of the archived posts, here or anywhere else. Of course, some information will remain accessible through mechanisms such as the Wayback Machine, at least for a while.

I would like to reach this consensus by the end of the May 11th player posting period.

6. Default

My feeling is that we should just abandon the other site and forget about it. Don't bother deleting it, just keep it locked and move on.
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

Default Up and Running!

With the creation of the Old, Dark Road thread, we are now at the point where we will conduct 100% of our game-play business here at The Tangled Web. Congratulations on the successfully completed move!

The game-related threads at the old site should all be locked and private, now. For the moment, they are all still available for viewing should you wish to look up any information, but you will now need to be a member of The Unquiet Lands Group in order to do so. Most of you already are, but for those of you who aren't, contact me if you need this access.

We had a good run over there. With 9513 posts on 37 threads since March 22 2009, we were far and away the most active and successful gaming sub-forum on that site. I am excited to see a currently active gaming forum here (The Light of Marrowind) with an excess of 10,000 posts since January of 2013. Naturally we will proceed at our own pace, as always, but it's nice to now be part of a place with that much gaming going on.

Quote Originally Posted by malk0lm View Post
    My feeling is that we should just abandon the other site and forget about it. Don't bother deleting it, just keep it locked and move on.
    If I can delete it at all, I can do it in about two button clicks, so my question becomes: is there a reason I shouldn't delete it?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Umiushi View Post
    If I can delete it at all, I can do it in about two button clicks, so my question becomes: is there a reason I shouldn't delete it?
    Ummm, not really?

If everyone feels a sense of ownership and would rather expunge our existence over there for spite.

I think the main point is that no one really cares if you delete it since I'm the only one responding, and even I don't care really. So if you are of the mind to delete it, then do it!
    Ariellana, Noxias, and everybody in July.

10. Default

Hi! Looking for a game to join. I just posted this in the "players looking for games" section so you can get a bit more information about me at a glance. I like the look of this one. Are you still looking?

In general, I'm an experienced RPer, both in person and PBP, however it's been a while since I've played and I've got some rust to kick off. I've played D&D, but not much past 3e. Not familiar with this edition AT ALL, so there's a bit of a learning curve there.

r

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast