Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chronicles of Misthaven setting information and rules.

Blog Entries

Default Chronicles of Misthaven setting information and rules.

The city of Misthaven is the only remnant that remains of the world at the center of the multiverse. What catastrophe befell the world is unknown to all but a handful of beings. What is certain is that he who is now known as the Despot was able to save Misthaven and have it retain its place as the center world. Misthaven and the surrounding lands are bordered by the supernatural phenomenon known as the Mists. Through these mist banks gateways are opened to any and all of the infinite number of worlds in the multiverse. Travel through the Mists is incredibly hazardous and unpredictable except for when guided by one of the mages specializing in this method of planeswalking called the Mistwalkers.
    Numerous creatures wander out of the Mists every day to end up on the Misthaven borders, never to see their home world again.

The city is governed in name by the Despot still, who resides in his palace at the top of the Misthaven mountain. He has not been seen for centuries however and keeps to himself, if he is even still alive. The real government of the city is in the hands of the guilds and the various noble houses. This creates a hotbed of political infighting and intrigue which is almost impossible to navigate for those not trained to follow it.
    Misthaven itself has no army or guard force. The various guilds and noble houses have their own enforcers but these are always small and heavily specialized because of heavy taxation of any armed group.
    The exception to this are the Free Companies. These mercenary bands are exempt from the armed taxation and are responsible for almost any job a guild wants done but doesn't want or can do itself. All districts of Misthaven are patrolled by various Free Companies who have been contracted for this ongoing job. Competition is fierce and often deadly but the rewards of being a member, not just an employee, of a Free Company are many and substantial.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Blog Entries

Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Pff. That map looks only half-finished, Tiger. What kind of crap map-maker are you working with, anyway?
    Last edited by theScrappy; 08-19-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Blog Entries

For those of you interested, the uniforms that the White Star will provide you come in a range of varieties.
    The basics of the uniform come down to something like this:
    231ebdb313e1d4648e655aecb2d1cef8.jpg
    Of course this is a female jacket but the style and basics are the same for either sex. The White Star will be displayed high on the left arm and the Team Name and logo high on the right. The White Star will also be prominently displayed on the back.
    The basic jacket is made of black leather and is loose fitting and comfortable enough not to punish the wearer with any arcane spell failure but also doesn't give the wearer an AC bonus.
    The sleeves can be taken off (via laces), in which case the White Star logo will be featured on the collar.
    It can be made so that it integrates with any light armor, for instance having a chain layer sown into it or having it treated with a hardening agent to provide protection.
    For those of you wearing the heavier armors the jacket comes without sleeves, is only a single layer and is made large enough to wear over the armor without getting in the way.
    It comes with a pair of light gray leather pants or skirt (length to be chosen by the wearer) with black trim and black leather boots. It also comes with a black beret which should only be worn for ceremonial purposes.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

*squint* The question is, how eye-catching can I make this skirt to a certain Tengu without him thinking I'm a slut...
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    *squint* The question is, how eye-catching can I make this skirt to a certain Tengu without him thinking I'm a slut...
    Now I have to call what Tengu find smexy? Boy, this dm'ing job is harder than I thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Aido View Post
    Awwww man, I'm gonna have to learn how to iron this. I'm having enough real world problems with trying to learn to fold a hakama, now I have to look after my wardrobe in a fantasy world???

JK, I'd like to incorporate this into my currently worn suit of chainmail. Please and thank you.
    It's leather. You don't iron leather. And who is JK?
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Blog Entries

Since tengu feathers cover the entire body except the claws that serve as their hands and feet, clothing is used for protection from the elements and beautification, not for reasons of modesty or covering up pink bits.
    Thus, the features that are universally regarded as smexy by tengu are the state of the feather coat, shinyness, cleanliness, no broken or missing ones. The shape of the beak is also a halmark of desireability, muchblike lips in humans. Tengu women often employ dyes or small shinies to decorate and highlight this feature.
    As such, a skirt made for tengu would resemble more the bottom half of a trenchcoat (worn long on the sides but parted at the front and joined only slightly at the back) than an actual cone. Although not all tengus are warriors, a sword trained poise and grace is also highly sought after and tengu that posses the necesary fluidity and control in their motions (even if they have not fought for real in his/her life) are never short on potential mates.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

And what are those dwarves going to do for the company?
    I'm falling in my shadow,
    through the glass I can't see.
    What waits there feels like a barrow,
    That's something I can't be.

Daniel Sinclair, a.k.a. The Last Shadow - Thougths, Traders Tongue, Erenlander (medolic 3), Orcish (harsh 1)

Bilser Swan - Thoughts, Common, Gnome (Standard 2), Sylvan (undesided)

Translator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Theprettiestorc View Post
    So Tsu is basically hot stuff in the Tengu world. ;D
    In some way yes, in others she's a bit of a tomboy.
    I quote from your char description:
    She's got a rather unruly appearance, more used to fighting and hunting in the wilderness than sitting around preening her feathers.
    Coupled with her very muscular physique (especially for a female tengu) she has a fit, athletic appearance but isn't really a tengu beauty queen. Nor would she want to be if I had to guess. Perhaps Rhonda Rousey would be a good human equivalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhoulRising View Post
    Btw, how is little Lamashtu? She seems quite busy with all the work your giving her.
    Survive your current mission and you can ask her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_Pass View Post
    And what are those dwarves going to do for the company?
    Well, prospecting. The exemption of taxes and guild membership affords Free Companies many opportunities to become very profitable businesses in other things than fighting. And if the Free Company makes money, so do you.
    Characters:

Campaigns:

Ronda Rousey is actually a very good depiction of her.
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast