Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey Assignment

A ruddy dwarf meanders into the space and picks his way through the small crowd. He looks confused, and his head swivels around this way and that, as if he is looking for someone.

His most obvious characteristics are his beard -- an auburn mass that was once neatly groomed, but now appears flat as if it was slept on for too long -- and a highly burnished breastplate with a crest molded into it: two crossed hammers over a low mountain ridge. He has an axe tucked into a loop on his belt. He shifts the backpack on his shoulders and continues looking at the various people gathered there. Though obviously out of his element, he moves with confidence and looks unabashedly into stranger's faces trying to find the man he is looking for.

He at length comes to a group of individuals conversing -- a human, an elf, and some sort of giant.

"Eh, hello there. I'm looking for Steel, have you seen him? I'm here to survey the sewers."
    His tone is friendly, yet professional.
    Last edited by Hibernate_Paths; 03-27-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries

"You have come to the right place, although the captain hasn't arrived yet. Join us, we can while away the time together.", Les smiles to the dwarf. "I am doctor James heart, but just call me James. These are Paledragon and Kane. ", Les gestures to the massive goliath then to the pale elf. "What brings you here, if it's not too much to ask?"

"Ah, well met." Kazalid shakes hands with all if offered, "I am Kazalid, of the noble Edgewatcher clan of Vernade."

A human, probably a local, he thinks to himself. An elf, by the looks of him, and a...hill giant I suppose? Likely a soldier with all that heavy metal about him.

He spares the new acquaintance the details of his arrival. That could be for another time. "To be blunt, this town administration is corrupt. Mister Steel seems to believe I owe him something, and my agreement to survey the condition of the sewers satisfies him. I'm in a poor place to negotiate, so I agreed to lend my services." With that, the dwarf begins to quickly pat down his clothing and belt pouch. "Blast it! I forgot to purchase parchment and ink. I suppose I'll have to commit my notes to memory..."

Blog Entries

"Oh.", Les responds, obviously intrigued, "Perhaps when this is over you could tell me more about it so that we might right that wrong as well."

"I would love to," Kazalid replies earnestly, looking the acquaintance-turned-potential-ally in the eye.

"Wait, are we ALL here for the sewers?"
    Last edited by Hibernate_Paths; 03-27-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Of course, Kazalid. Captain Steel hath brought a goodly number of workers together for this task, and from the number, perhaps there might be concern of some infestation. The King of Dragons leads where one can do the most good, and it is mine belief that the assistance given to Captain Steel will work great good in this city.

Paledragon introduces himself, bending low to shake hands with the Dwarf, admiring the the crest upon his breastplate. What doth yon symbol mean Kazalid? It is reminiscent of the symbols of the Dwarves mine tribe once did trade with, but it hath some differences. The Draconic Goliath smiles at the Dwarf, his eyes looking closely for any sign of discomfort, as Paledragon does not wish to insult.

"Ah yes, 'tis the crest of my clan and our mining hold," he replies, a bit flattered that someone noticed, "The two hammers represent the two purposes of our tools, and the dual tasks of our citizenry -- namely industry and defense. They cross because they rely on each other. And that there is our mountain home." He finishes by pointing to the rocky ridge patterned on the center of his armor. His finger lingers there...

He looks up after a moment and comes back to the task at hand. "Regarding the job -- no offense to you all, but are you qualified for such work?" He glances at the elf with these words, but brings attention back to the Goliath, "Can a giant even fit in the sewers?"

The professor laying out the maps looked up, "I can determine that!"

He pulled a thin rope from his pocket and stood on his tiptoes, measuring it out. Close inspection showed small black marks at regular intervals.

"Hmmm... I'll see if any of the grates will open that wide!"

He then ran back to the maps and began to scribble across a few of them, shaking his head and generally intent in his work.

Blog Entries

"Well I am a doctor, they don't just give those credentials to anyone, I hope. I think I can manage to defend myself.", he smiles politely back to Kazalid.

"AHA! Found one!" The man came back over, "One of the grates was damaged during a friendly wizard's duel a few years back, although the grate still fits over it, the opening should be just wide enough for you to get through! I'll be sure to have you assigned there!"

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast