Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey Assignment

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeros View Post
    A slightly whiney voice calls through the crowd, "Excuse me... pardon me... coming through!"

You turn just in time to see a man with a great mass of brown hair and thick classes carrying a large pile of parchment and books. As he hobbles through the room someone doesn't move out of the way and the impact sent the crazy looking man sprawling on the floor in front of you, his parchment going everywhere, "Oh my..." A young woman with bright green eyes behind him sighs and begins to help him to pick up the parchment...

Looking down at the parchment scattered around, some of it appears to be the layout of large labyrinthine tunnel system... after a moment you gather that it probably details the sewers.
    Les approaches the scene, carefully observing the person who didn't move out of the way.

The large Draconic reaches down and assists with gathering the parchments, and after seeing most of the documents are already picked up, Paledragon lifts the man off the floor easily, and sets him upright.

Have care sir, for to rush anywhere is to rush to folly. There now, mine eyes say thou art upright and knowledgeable of things unknown to mine self.
    The Goliath smiles gently at the man, his fangs just showing in the smile. After ensuring the man is safely back with all of his parchments, Paledragon turns back to Kane. Verily, I speak not as the tribe would, for mine teacher spoke to mine self in such a manner. Whilst I know not how long I truly spent with her, it seems to have been more than long enough for me to affect her curious mannerism when it came to speech. I confess, at times I wonder if she might have been lost from another time. As is, thou art astute in thine perceptions. But truly Kane, if there is some Orc in yonder sewer that thou be hunting, art thou a thief taker, and dost thou need mine aid?

Realizing that he might have unintentionally insulted Doctor Heart, Paledragon turns to respond to his invitation. Truly, I appreciate thine offer Doctor, but let us first see to the task at hand prior to considering what we shall do after our task is finished. For to be overconfident in one's success, invariably leads to failure. The Goliath obviously does not see the irony in his statement, as he has shown no sign of believing himself incapable of completing the task at hand.

"Oh thank you, thank you... Rather clumsy of me... But I hardly have the time to spend focusing on keeping on my feet, too much to do! For now my brother asked me to start up a generally assignment of groups before he gets here... The cap'n loves his order."

He accepted the papers back from them and went up to a table toward the middle of the ground floor and began spreading out the layouts. A few gathered around as he shuffled papers... Apparently trying to see how all the pieces of a puzzle might fit together. The girl was constantly by his side, making minor corrections as they went along.

As Kane looks at the pages that he picked up he sees that they have a wide range of ages, and the rooms seem oddly organized, yet unnecessarily complicated.

The man who didn't move for the clumsy archivist sneered at him as he picked up his papers, but when he noticed he was attracting attention he went and joined a group off to the side who were laughing and pointing at the situation.

Kane turns to the Goliath as he begins to explain the peculiarities of his speech. When the Goliath finishes speaking, Kane moves closer to the giant to show that he does not fear him, and to make what he has to say next as private as possible.

In a hushed tone Kane addresses Paledragon. "What do you mean by a thief taker? And do you have a shorter name that I may address you by? Paledragon does not easilly roll off the tongue."

He pauses to scan the room for anything suspicious before continuing. "As for your question, I do prefer to execute any Orc I find by my own hands, but as I said previously, having someone of your obvious strength watching my backside could not hurt."

Blog Entries

Les observes the man as he moves to the rude group, image of his face burnt into Les' memory.

"I am confident that, while we may not succeed, none of us will die today. But as you wish, I will make dinner arrangements after we're done with the assignment.", Les smiles politely to Paledragon.

Paledragon seems taken aback by the request for a shorter name, seems to speak a little more stiffly than before.

Mine name is what was granted just prior to mine exile, the last kindness provided by the tribe chieftain. Thou may, of course, choose not to use mine given name. The Goliath seems to think for a moment before coming to some sort of revelation. Of course, how could I have forgotten? The Orcs are considered enemies of thine kind. Forgive mine ignorance, very rarely do the brutish ones approach the mountains the tribe calls home. Thief taker would be a title assigned to one whose task it is to find and return with a thief or other individual who hath broken laws of the tribe, or in thine case, land. As before, his words seem to come a little more stiffly, as if the Draconic may be offended. Paledragon appears to be trying to hide it from you, obviously attempting to not be offended by your request.

Paledragon also returns the smile to Doctor Heart, taking note of the attention Doctor Heart gave to the man who caused the poor scholar to trip. Seeing the group of people who are laughing at the situation caused by the man, Paledragon just stares, his face completely blank.

The man who caused the ruckus got a few more guffaws in, but realizing he still had some attention glared in their direction before walking out the door...

A lizardforlk enters the building as the other man left. Turac was quite literaly armed to the teeth. The compleate absent of any ranged weapons was in contrast to his defencive capabilities. Thick scales could be seen in places not coveted by steel armour, all the while he carries a large shield.

He looks around the room and then found a place along one of the wall, cleary waiting for Steel like everybody else.

Paledragon stands at the ready, waiting now, for the entrance of Captain Steel. Paledragon smiles slightly at the entrance of the Lizardfolk, a look like he was almost going to head over to the Lizardfolk, but decided it might be rude to leave the other two here whilst he goes attempting to create new members of the tribe. For now, Paledragon will wait for Captain Steel's entrance, so he can get this task underway, for to dally is foolish.

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast