Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Survey Assignment

Default Survey Assignment

The East Guard Tower, headed by the illusive Lord Swordwright. It reaches high into the sky, the Closest building taller than it being the Castle proper. Within it is a bustle of activity, and as you enter you realize that it houses the town guard, has the equipment for a small army while also functioning as a temporary holding cell for those awaiting petty trial.

While headed by Lord Swordwright, everyone knows this is the domain of Captain Steel, and it is he who has called you all together here.

As you arrive there are about twenty other individuals who seem a little out of place compared to the uniformed guardsmen, all seemingly just waiting around. Captain Steel has not yet arrived, but you've heard tell that he is seldom so much as a minute late. You'll just have to wait for him to show up.

(So James, Kozalid, Kane, Paledragon. You four have finished your entries, go ahead and come in here and roleplay if you'd like, or just show up. Ushamph, Turoc, Tristan. You guys can post here as well, but you would be doing so without quite knowing where you're at, but feel free to if you want to pass the time. Steel will show up once everyone is here proper)
    Last edited by Zeros; 03-25-2015 at 06:52 PM.

In walks a very tall, very thick Goliath, with gray skin patterns that swirl upon the top his head and disappearing down his back. A scar mars his other-wise smooth face, stretching from above the right eye, circling the eye socket, and curling back around onto his cheek. Surprisingly, the Goliath seems not to have too many lithoderms that sit upon his head, but no one can tell if there are any covering the rest of his body, as he is encased in full plate mail. At first glance, something seems off about this Goliath, and those who take a moment to look at him are able to see coppery-green scales covering his head, so small that they appeared to just be his skin (Goliaths' have different colored skin, from light greens, to tans, to light blues), and his eyes shine like burnished copper. The chest piece of his armor has a starry nebula topped by a large, platinum star stamped upon the center, and looks to have been recently shined (poor, ignorant Goliath). Strapped to the back of the Goliath is a massive battle-hammer, seeming to be as large as the Goliath himself, and likely able to be used to knock down a giant. The Goliath looks like he walks with ease, seeming to deny the great weight in steel upon his body, and he carefully picks his way past people, laying clawed hands upon their shoulder when he is about to step around them to alert them of his presence.

It is a great pleasure to see so many here of an early hour, for to dally is but folly when work needs done. I shall endeavor to do mine fair share of any work, as the kindness of Captain Steel hath bade me towards repayment. I am Lo-Kag "Paledragon" Thunakalathi, son of Cho-Kag "Puresight" Thunakalathi. Mine wish is to be called by my given name, Paledragon, and I shall call thou by thine. What shalt I call thou?

Paledragon introduces himself to those whose eyes seem to linger upon him for more than a few moments. He seems earnest, but the stern look on his face indicates he is completely serious, and he offers his arm to any who he introduces himself to. If provided with a name, he smiles widely, and says the name twice to get the "feel" of it. If anyone attempts to bring him into conversation, Paledragon will gladly converse with that person.
    Last edited by Bainar; 03-26-2015 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Realized I was only half-typing the correct speech pattern

Weaving slowly and smoothly through the crowd, the pale skinned, white haired elf made his way toward the giant of a man as his voice rose above the others in the large room. As he closed on the giant man, the strange looking elf removed the hood of his cloak, and gave his head a little shake sending his rather long hair tumbling down his back while a some of it fell across his chest, which partially covered his face.

"Are you here to help with the sewers as well? You can call me Kane. I think I would be quite fortunate to have someone of your... Stature on my side."
    Lucan Silverkin - Level 3 Elven Ranger.
    Kane SilverOak - Level 1 Albino Drow Ranger.

Blog Entries

Les notices the friendly Goliath, remembering his full name and heritage. Then he notices his willingness to shake stranger's hands without wearing any gloves. Contact poison. Preferably a potent one, considering his sturdy build, he thinks to himself reflexively.

An elf approaches him. Pale skin, introduces himself as Kane. Elves are slender, but agile and perceptive. Slice a tendon to reduce agility while asleep or a gift of an elven wine bottle spiked with taggit oil or dark reaver powder.

After his passing thoughts and hearing mention of the sewers, he approaches them, taking care that his smile reaches the eyes.

"Well met, friends, I am doctor James Heart. I prefer James. How do you feel about our assignment?", the man speaking with them has blue eyes and blonde shoulder-length hair with matching, shortly trimmed beard. He doesn't seem to be wearing armor, only an outfit for a scholar and a backpack. He also has two sheathed swords, one at each side of his hips.

Kane had his thumbs tucked in his belt as the new stranger approached. Nodding at the stranger, he spoke. "Well met doctor. I don't know much yet, all I know is that an Orc I had been tracking took refuge in the sewers somewhere, and I want his head."

Good morn to the both you. Wyrmking bless you upon this morn. Many seem to shy away from mine self, so I am quite pleased to meet some who are willing to look past mine size. I feel that the task is one of great good, allowing us to assist in the goal of perpetuating healthy lives. As is thine profession, Doctor, I see great honor in thine life. Is there some concern of danger with this task? I feel more than apt to handle mine self in yonder sewer. If any danger doth present itself, I shall endeavor to remove said threat quickly and thoroughly. Paledragon starts slightly at Kane's words. Art thou a thief taker?

Paledragon acknowledges the greeting of both Kane and Doctor Heart with the grin, and now that they are in front of him, they can see the sharp teeth that fill his mouth. His voice carries with it no concern, nor does Paledragon give the feeling that he thought he would fail. His eyes look intently at first the pale skinned Elf, and then at the humanoid, seeming to weigh each of them to some unknown scale. That is now two who are worthy of respect. For only they have shown effort to connect themselves to the tribe . . . Paledragon's thoughts shoe he is still a Goliath who was raised with the tribe, and knowing each other's name begins the process of working as one.
    Last edited by Bainar; 03-26-2015 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Realized I was only half-typing the correct speech patterns

Kane looks up at the giant and can't help but nod each time he says 'Mine'. When the being called Paledragon finishes speaking, Kane says "You say you are from a tribe yet you speak in the manner of a.... Well I know not what, but unlike any person I have ever heard spoken. Why is that?" Kane turns to face James and raises an eyebrow quizzically, as if to ask 'Did you just hear that?'.
    Lucan Silverkin - Level 3 Elven Ranger.
    Kane SilverOak - Level 1 Albino Drow Ranger.

A slightly whiney voice calls through the crowd, "Excuse me... pardon me... coming through!"

You turn just in time to see a man with a great mass of brown hair and thick classes carrying a large pile of parchment and books. As he hobbles through the room someone doesn't move out of the way and the impact sent the crazy looking man sprawling on the floor in front of you, his parchment going everywhere, "Oh my..." A young woman with bright green eyes behind him sighs and begins to help him to pick up the parchment...

Looking down at the parchment scattered around, some of it appears to be the layout of large labyrinthine tunnel system... after a moment you gather that it probably details the sewers.

Kane see's the man stumbled and then spots the parchment maps. Reaching down, he picks up two handful's and begins to study a few of the maps trying to make out how extensive the sewers are.

When the man approaches, Kane slowly hands them back, craning his neck to study them up til the last second before they leave his hands.
    Last edited by Lucan Silverkin; 03-25-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Blog Entries

"Yes, using my skills as a doctor provides me great... nourishment. Speaking of, I would be delighted to have you both over for dinner. I just hope I will have enough time to acquire the necessary ingredients once our assignment here is done."

Page 1 of 88 1231151 ... LastLast