Page 52 of 145 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleepless OOC

What I would do in a case like this is take your proper bonus and replace it in the equation. So in your first roll you got 10(2+8) so replace the 8 with a 10 (12 total). Then yes, he would also have the -4 from being prone.

(Or, in some cases, I'll just take the other roll if it works thematically. )

Did they get a 110 feet away before Alyssa got her last shot out? You never addressed the second missile so I don't know if I used it or not.

(echnically (RAW) speaking if the target knows you exist, he is aware of your attack. RAW running causes you to lose Dex bonus, but NOT become Flat-footed. Thus, by RAW he would still deflect your bolt... But technically by RAW you can still use deflect arrows while prone... But for me it just doesn't Jive. Point in case: I get many of the rules, but where they break with what is to me common sense I often stretch them. (In response to Dartok's assessment of Deflect Arrows)

In this case I definitely agree with you though!

Also, @ Alyssa. I didn't think the last monk would go down, so I didn't feel like wasting your spell, especially considering how valuable they are at this level. But, Dartok put it right in range, so there you go!

4. Default

Yeah I know what you mean about the rules. It's like if you're prone you shouldn't be able to use your dex bonus either I don't think.

What if you are an expert at dexterously flopping around like a fish to dodge attacks?

Well as someone who has trained in fighting and who has spent time training on what to do if you are knocked down or slip....dex should apply even when prone. Can you run away well when on the ground? No you cannot but you can move around enough to avoid being hit by a lot more than you think, and if you use your legs to kick and create a threat you can do a very good job of defending yourself. However I have found that applying my experience from fighting to pen and paper often overly complicates things.

7. Default

A valid point

Holy Crap! I just looked at the exp thread and realized that I should have been level 2 ever since the rat fight.....
    Lucan Silverkin - Level 3 Elven Ranger.
    Kane SilverOak - Level 1 Albino Drow Ranger.

9. Default

I thought you could only level up at the end of a quest?

Blog Entries

Yes, the rules state as much, however, GMs usually let players level up right away.

Zeroes, what do we do?