Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Alabaster: Knowledge in darkness.

Blog Entries

Default Team Alabaster: Knowledge in darkness.

The six of you assemble in the hall of your citadel packed and ready after your two weeks of inactivity, itching for some excitement. The anonymous patron paying the White Star for this expedition has provided you a pretty detailed yet not complete account and map specifying where you need to go. The entrance it specifies is a fair ways removed from the citadel, in the direction of the Cathedral district. Though people familiar with the city may know of a faster and shorter way.
    Characters:
    - Executor Divine Katharina Durmond - Rise of the Runelords
    - Freya 'Forcefox' DeVos - Power Corrupts
    - Tycho Boughbreaker - Fall of Melior

Campaigns:
    - Against the Shadow - Pathfinder Midnight campaign
    - Chronicles of Misthaven - Pathfinder Homebrew campaign

Grent sticks close to his only friend so far as he looks around nervously and suspiciously, and he acting like he's trying to hide behind her.

Tsu, feeling a bit strange to be called "Alabaster" now, nevertheless holds something out. "Here, Grent, a little breakfast for the road. I want you to stick by me for this mission - more to watch each others' backs. Sarvine and Mattilda, you look out for each other, Zirril and Rodaford, you two together. We're going into tunnels, and there could be collapses, something grabby, et cetera, so know where your partner is, and y'know. Chat a bit. We're not leaving anyone behind." The object is an egg, somewhat larger than a chicken egg, with a thicker shell. "Not sure if you've had duck eggs before - and not sure if you take them raw, or what, but it'll keep a while if you wanna wait to cook it."

"In any case...what do we know about the road?"

Authentic Forum Dice-rollKnowledge: Local - (1d20+8) [16]
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

The very Prettiest Orc avatar done by the talented Letty Wilson.

Zirril racked his brains, trying to think of what he'd heard of the place while out in the markets. The Ratfolk rubbed at his chin, standing by his Dhampire travel-buddy.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollLocal - (1d20+8) [9]

The short answer was, 'very little'.
    Last edited by Draggo; 06-02-2016 at 07:37 AM.

5. Default

Mattilda mills about the group and eventually finds her way to Sarvine, "I'm Mattilda. So, are all the meetings that interesting? I hope they aren't because I felt like I was about to have to jump out with my claws and rip someone to shreds.." She licks her claws casually as she speaks. "So what brought you into this group of 'Merry Misfits'" she asks, making air quotes (where marked).

Grent looks at the egg with a giant smile and then hands it back with a nod "Duck eggs good, will wait until its cooked! Duck eggs better that way, so, where we go?" he asks as he looks around humming merrily as he tries to remember the underground, he could of sworn that he hunted down there and found multiply ways in.

Authentic Forum Dice-rollDungeoneering - (d20 +7) [20]
    Authentic Forum Dice-rollGeography - (d20 +7) [27]

Rodaford stood next to Zirril with a gentrified grace and poise that matched the expensive taste in 'uniform' the nobleman had taken to wearing in those rare moments outside of the laboratory. He wore amid the expensive and intricately fashioned items of his alchemical trade those items immediately recognizable as such belonging to well experienced physicians. Leaning ever so lightly on the stem of his walking cane, the added weight of the physician's gear belied the personal costs the nobleman paid to attend the Chiurgeon's duty... a cost only Zirril and Bilser, being afforded shared access to the newly built alchemy lab and crypt for the last several weeks, had opportunity to grasp.

"I have come prepared for mmn... basic... chirugical duties... I noticed no one bothered to leave requests at the lab for alchemical supplies... now would be a time to ask for anything that might aid in the under-warrens of whatever fecal-ridden cesspool we are to be waltzing in. I am a dab hand at last minute mixtures... I'm sure I could be bothered to prepare a vial of liquid to say... flash freeze large pools of water for quick crossings... or perhaps spider pods for instant alchemical rope? ... No?... Fine... I have grenades... they explode..."

"All of the above might come up at one point or another, but keep your grenades on the back burner. Tunnels and explosions don't mix very well."
    "A good speech should be like a woman's skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep people interested." -Winston Churchill

Rodaford gave a silent sigh, as if some greater expectation went unmet.

Tsu looks to him now. Okay. "Well, normally, I'd just relegate you to watching out for our health, but you've got one of those...books, right? You know stuff to brew? If you could give me a quick rundown on that, I can think of something that'd really come in handy. Tactics are everything, especially if you're playing with a full hand."

(Where's your spell list broski. XD)

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast